• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

T.A.L

You I can't find it right now but while watching joker sting origins, I noticed Ken Anderson in one of the worse suits I have ever seen. A camouflage suit. I live where this should be common and I have never seen anything like it. What the hell was his gimmick in tna

RP912

Banned
You I can't find it right now but while watching joker sting origins, I noticed Ken Anderson in one of the worse suits I have ever seen. A camouflage suit. I live where this should be common and I have never seen anything like it. What the hell was his gimmick in tna

An angry ex-wwe guy. That's all I got from his gimmick :/.

Browny

Banned
Welcome back brother Freck.

Confession: I didn't realise until a while ago that Man Mountain Rock and Maxx Payne were the same guy.

Also, Maxx Payne was dope. Whammy bar was legit awesome and protected finisher.

And I too have no cares for Reddit - it's all a little confusing. Fun fact - my phone autocorrects Reddit to redditch. Which is funny, because redditch is a shit hole...

Ithil

One other thing regarding the HHH/Austin podcast last night. They mentioned how Cena is still a huge merch seller, but I really wish someone would bring up the fact that Cena also has a much larger pool of merch to sell from compared to other superstars.

Cena has multiple hats, towels, shirts, and wristbands. Most other wrestlers are lucky to get more than a single shirt. In that scenario Cena should be crushing everyone in sales.

Dude walks out covered in (updated 3-4 times a year) gaudy bright merchandise from head to toe and part of his entrance is waving a merch towel at the camera, while he's marketed as as superhero to little kids. Of course he sells the most merch.

yb-booker-t.jpg

Wait when did this happen

MisterR

One other thing regarding the HHH/Austin podcast last night. They mentioned how Cena is still a huge merch seller, but I really wish someone would bring up the fact that Cena also has a much larger pool of merch to sell from compared to other superstars.

Cena has multiple hats, towels, shirts, and wristbands. Most other wrestlers are lucky to get more than a single shirt. In that scenario Cena should be crushing everyone in sales.

Meh, to a point. You still aren't going to buy a guys shit if you don't like him, just because he has a lot of it. It's more likely that he has a lot of merch because it sells well.

It's the change of colors and whatnot for the kids as well. You aren't a true member of the Cenation if you don't have the shirt Sina is wearing on television this week. But yeah, dude's a merch monster because of various products.

I'm pretty sure Punk talked about that during one of the Cabana podcasts? EVERYONE get's wristbands, necklaces, hats etc; but it's usually on you if you want to pimp it out. Obviously Punk wouldn't during his run, because it makes you look desperate. But I remember AJ used to come to the ring with a hat clipped to her shorts for a little while. She also never wore the wristbands she does these days. You can look on WWE shop and see all the crap on there, it's ridiculous.

aj-lee-me070photo31-1392405184.jpg

She literally is female John Cena. I guess she must've caught it from him

AJ-AND-CENA-KISSING-john-cena-and-aj-lee-32834208-250-233.gif

Sephzilla

Meh, to a point. You still aren't going to buy a guys shit if you don't like him, just because he has a lot of it. It's more likely that he has a lot of merch because it sells well.

You're not wrong here. But I just wish people would put that into perspective when talking about Cena being a merch seller. The fact that nobody else has as much available merch for people to buy is definitely part of the reason why he's #1.

Granted it also helps that his current character is pretty much a fucking billboard.

Ithil

Again, he's marketed to kids, who tend to be a lot easier to sell to than adults. It's a chicken or egg thing there with which comes first, but they do everything in their power to make his merch appealing to kids, and lots of it. I mean, you want to buy the new Cena t-shirt? You can't just buy the t-shirt, Cena wears more than that. So you gotta bug your parents to buy the wristbands too. Then the hat. And the towel he's waving around in his entrance.

Every new round of merch he has is like a complete set, not just a t-shirt.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's the change of colors and whatnot for the kids as well. You aren't a true member of the Cenation if you don't have the shirt Sina is wearing on television this week. But yeah, dude's a merch monster because of various products.

I'm pretty sure Punk talked about that during one of the Cabana podcasts? EVERYONE get's wristbands, necklaces, hats etc; but it's usually on you if you want to pimp it out. Obviously Punk wouldn't during his run, because it makes you look desperate. But I remember AJ used to come to the ring with a hat clipped to her shorts for a little while. She also never wore the wristbands she does these days. You can look on WWE shop and see all the crap on there, it's ridiculous.

So merch shilling is sexually transmitted?

kiguel182

I totally forgot that Cena and AJ had a thing some time ago. Those were some dark times.

Kaladin

So I haven't watched Raw or the Stone Cold podcast yet.....are we happy with Bryan vs Reigns at Fast Lane, or are we still mad?

Sephzilla

So I haven't watched Raw or the Stone Cold podcast yet.....are we happy with Bryan vs Reigns at Fast Lane, or are we still mad?

I'm unsure of how to feel. I hope Bryan wins but the logical side of me says we're going to get some heel swerve to screw over Bryan.

I'll be legit shook if they actually hit the abort button on Roman.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I have no idea who Cruise Missile is. Who is he and what did he do?

Top Bottom