• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

RP912

Banned
The wrestler almost always loses anyway. The guy Roman Reigns struggled to eliminate was ko'd by a 130lbs wrestler with no power.

Bring back Akebono instead.

Akebono x Lesnar x Reigns x Bryan Fatal 4 Way

This is always true. The last best Boxer vs Wrestler match was Arn Anderson/Johnny B Badd. Shame Arn lost because Johnny cheated.

T.A.L

So I'm convinced that I have terrible eyes or no sense of bad graphics or whatever. I can tell the difference between sd and hd but watching the Bloodborne footage, I think it's great looking but you know gaming side is like nahhhhhh

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
¡HarlequinPanic!;150438344 said:
I got friends that go on squaredcircle all the time and always read Stroud *augh* that just brought up legitshook.com in our facebook group. So stro's hustle payin' off.

This is great news.

Sephzilla

Sephzilla's Top 5 Things I'd Immediately End If I Ran WWE
1 - The term "Sports Entertainment" would no longer be used on TV and on-air talent would be referred to as "wrestlers" and not "sports entertainers". The Avengers movie doesn't call Tony Stark an actor, they call him an inventor because that's what RDJ is playing.

2 - Heel authority figures. The Attitude Era is over, you aren't going to get Austin/McMahon again. This trope needs to die because good storylines can easily exist without it, and it actually bogs down storylines now.

3- The United States Title. This title hasn't been relevant in years. After Cena eventually takes it from Rusev (which we all know is going to happen) the belt should simply be retired.

4- Gimmick match themed PPVs. This shouldn't need a huge explanation, gimmick matches like cell, cage, or ladder matches should be for ending feuds not an arbitrary event that always happens.

5- Money in the Bank. This was something that wore out its welcome a while ago. The only thing that's over with this gimmick is that it can be cashed in randomly.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
1 - The term "Sports Entertainment" would no longer be used on TV and on-air talent would be referred to as "wrestlers" and not "sports entertainers".

stopped reading here. I'm putting my money on this list being silly.

Sephzilla cmon now

Bowser

1 - The term "Sports Entertainment" would no longer be used on TV and on-air talent would be referred to as "wrestlers" and not "sports entertainers". The Avengers movie doesn't call Tony Stark an actor, they call him an inventor because that's what RDJ is playing.

2 - Heel authority figures. The Attitude Era is over, you aren't going to get Austin/McMahon again. This trope needs to die because good storylines can easily exist without it, and it actually bogs down storylines now.

3- The United States Title. This title hasn't been relevant in years. After Cena eventually takes it from Rusev (which we all know is going to happen) the belt should simply be retired.

4- Gimmick match themed PPVs. This shouldn't need a huge explanation, gimmick matches like cell, cage, or ladder matches should be for ending feuds not an arbitrary event that always happens.

5- Money in the Bank. This was something that wore out its welcome a while ago. The only thing that's over with this gimmick is that it can be cashed in randomly.

I agree with all of these. I'd amend 5 to be replacing MitB by bringing back KotR.

T.A.L

I have no problem with Sports Entertainment I just don't want wrestling being completely scratched out of existence

Sephzilla

Sephzilla cmon now

I have no problem with Sports Entertainment I just don't want wrestling being completely scratched out of existence

I'm honestly okay with the term sports entertainment being used outside of the actual show. Like for press events or visits on the tonight show and shit. But when it's used on the actual program its one of those things that ruins suspension of disbelief. They're entertainers who are pretending to be wrestlers, the actual shows should reflect this by also pretending they are wrestlers.

RP912

Banned

The US belt always got a bad rep. It's a shame because it's not a bad belt, it's just the fact that the WWE haven't make it worth fighting for...

It could be exchange for the TV Title which is well missed.

Things I'd end:

1. Women Heels being referred to as whores.

2. The non-storylines for all lower card dudes

3. Paul Heyman randomly being assigned dudes to manage (this may have stopped but I can see it happening with Reigns)

4. Ryback talking about the book he read.

5. ...Morrison-san's hiatus from the company ;___;

WAIT. A real number 4. Pinfall decision cage matches, those are going.

If you manage not to get banned in the next 15 minutes your return will already be better than Stro's.

H1UHT0e.gif

I don't drink and I'm all for resolving problems if there are any. I'm sure I'll manage.

Welcome back, Frecklestein. Don't get yourself banned.

Thanks, BROTHER.

Not Joker Sting, don't care.

0eiDj.gif

welcome back freckle

It's good to be back, BROTHER.

Welcome back, friend, have fun not getting put over clean by hogan

rollins-laugh.gif

tumblr_nj6i0o7idP1saykaxo2_r1_400.gif

welcome back, friend

It's good to BE back, BROTHER. Try not to stab me in it.

Sephzilla

The US belt always got a bad rep. It's a shame because it's not a bad belt, it's just the fact that the WWE haven't make it worth fighting for...

It could be exchange for the TV Title which is well missed.

It had a better purpose during the brand split era when each show could have a midcard belt. But since the brand split is dead and the roster is nowhere near as deep as it once was, it's become a dead title basically. The last three champs (Ambrose, Shaemus, and Rusev) barely defended the thing and it's not even the focus of stories.

I would write down the things I'd change with WWE, but by the time I'd finished it wouldn't be WWE any more. It'd be the bastard love child of New Japan & Mid-South.

Alucard

Banned
Confession time: I have virtually no idea how Reddit works, how to navigate it, or how to read it. Feels very clusterfucky.

Sephzilla

I agree with all of these. I'd amend 5 to be replacing MitB by bringing back KotR.

Absolutely. I miss KOTR so fucking much.

If WWE would bring back KOTR though you know they'd absolutely fuck it up by having most of the tournament take place on Raw/SD and only save the finale for the actual PPV.

Scottify

I don't think Cena will be Rusev. There's no need for Cena to hold that belt, for him it's the world title or nothing.

Then, perhaps they could unify the US title with the Intercontinental title. I think that could lend some more importance to that title.

Sephzilla

Navigating reddit is tricky because reddit is a shitty website

I don't think Cena will be Rusev. There's no need for Cena to hold that belt, for him it's the world title or nothing.

Then, perhaps they could unify the US title with the Intercontinental title. I think that could lend some more importance to that title.

Logic states that Cena shouldn't win. You know how this always plays out, right?

Zach

1 - The term "Sports Entertainment" would no longer be used on TV and on-air talent would be referred to as "wrestlers" and not "sports entertainers".

I don't mind "sports entertainment". That being said, WWE should embrace being a wrestling company with wrestlers. It's insulting that they act like "wrestling" is a bad word. That's what all of your fans call your form of entertainment. That's what it is, you dummies.

Why you thieving me, Frackh?

Guys is WWE hurting?

Also what was the point on the Patriots skit? Denver gives no fucks about them both teams.

I wish I knew Falling Edge was going. Have him start a Shane o Mac chant

Welcome back, Freckle.

What were your thoughts on da Rumble?

I thought the title match was amazing. If people didn't believe in Seth (be it backstage or as a fan) they should after that performance. Brock is amazing. I was part of that "omg he's never on RAW. Where's the title?! fuckin' part-timer!" bandwagon, but fuck if he doesn't live up to his nickname or isn't worth every penny they pay him. Brock is proof that WWE does know how to book a monster, they just choose not to do it. I also like how aware they are that the AA is an insta kill for the roster, but since Brock is otherworldly, he can take it and get right back up. Like, the match was so good that even if Cena won, I wouldn't have been upset, that's how much I loved it.

Also liked the Joey hug to Seth at the end. They're more than just a business relationship. They're bros, man. :'[

The rest of the card sucked. Roman winning was baffling to me, but I knew it was going to happen 1000%, I was just in shock at what they did to get to that point. Not even taking into consideration that Roman won, it was one of the worst, oddly booked rumbles I have ever watched.

So are we expecting Roman to turn heel on Bryan during their match? There's no way he can beat Bryan and come out of that match even more hated than before. Have him cheat, kill Bryan and show up on RAW like "So fucking what".

I dunno the on the fly booking is interesting. Also enjoyed Trips on the podcast.

XenoRaven

Sephzilla cmon now
I don't presume to know anything about running a multimillion dollar, publicly traded company, which is why I don't make lists like this. But I am curious as to why you think this is silly. Vince has been pushing "sports entertainment" as a thing for over a decade and everyone still calls it wrestling, because that's what it is. Again, I'm no expert but when a battle in the war of public perception lasts this long, maybe it's time to let it go.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I would write down the things I'd change with WWE, but by the time I'd finished it wouldn't be WWE any more. It'd be the bastard love child of New Japan & Mid-South.

At that point you may as well watch NJ and MS.

Speaking of did you dip into the old content that got uploaded to the Network the past couple days?

Scottify

So, I did get my first taste of NJPW this week. I watched their show on AXS TV. It was a 2013 match between Okada & Tanahashi in which Okada won the title for the second time.

I loved it because the whole hour was taken up by their match. The match itself was one of the best I've seen in quite some time. Nice slow build, working specific body parts with a purpose (Tanahashi working the arm to negate the Rainmaker). Just amazingly instense.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, I did get my first taste of NJPW this week. I watched their show on AXS TV. It was a 2013 match between Okada & Tanahashi in which Okada won the title for the second time.

I loved it because the whole hour was taken up by their match. The match itself was one of the best I've seen in quite some time. Nice slow build, working specific body parts with a purpose (Tanahashi working the arm to negate the Rainmaker). Just amazingly instense.

NJPW World is free in February. See an earlier post I made that I don't have handy and go sign up!

Also what was the point on the Patriots skit? Denver gives no fucks about them both teams.
They love their Broncos, who lost early in the playoffs this year and last year they got absolutely wrecked by the Seahawks in the Superbowl. So any mention of football is going to be booed.

Sephzilla

One other thing regarding the HHH/Austin podcast last night. They mentioned how Cena is still a huge merch seller, but I really wish someone would bring up the fact that Cena also has a much larger pool of merch to sell from compared to other superstars.

Cena has multiple hats, towels, shirts, and wristbands. Most other wrestlers are lucky to get more than a single shirt. In that scenario Cena should be crushing everyone in sales.

Top Bottom