• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Pavaloo

Why do I feel like this wouldn't be out of place at the start of a Microsoft or Sony E3 conference

PS4-is-for-the-gamers.jpg

rrc1594

Been watching WCW

1. NWO is not as cool as I remember

2. They really ran the NWO in to the ground

3. Most matches take for forever to get well... good. I mean how many times does Hogan need go back to the corner and loosing up.

So far it's has been

tumblr_m70lrhtkGI1qg1zuyo2_250.gif
Boring...

"John, give it to me straight ... What can we expect from you on next week's episode of Total Divas? Deborah bakes up some cookies every Sunday and we pop it on. The show is a hit over in the Austin household, brother."

Been watching WCW

3. Most matches take for forever to get well... good. I mean how many times does Hogan need go back to the corner and loosing up.

So far it's has been

Boring...

What happened to your avatar, BROTHER

edit: Mistook you for RP912. My bad, friend.

Sephzilla

Been watching WCW

So far it's has been

Boring...

These are two big things that stood out for me when I revisited 90s WCW as well.

rrc1594

"John, give it to me straight ... What can we expect from you on next week's episode of Total Divas? Deborah bakes up some cookies every Sunday and we pop it on. The show is a hit over in the Austin household, brother."

What happened to your avatar, BROTHER

MangaGaf got me :(

I have to many hobbies

Inspired by Sephzilla's post, here are the things I would add/subtract in modern WWE.

• no shaky cam on impact
  • go back to bullet point style for both promos and commentary
  • promos done almost exclusively backstage
  • remove us title, substitute with cruiserweight/jr/light heavyweight belt with a 220 limit. Build a division around it.
  • New tag belts. Get rid of the notion that being in a tag team prevents you from going after single belts. You can still be in a tag team and want a single belt.
  • CHAMPIONS DO NOT LOSE. All champions are super protected. On the rare occasion they take a loss, it would by done by a future no.1 contender in a tag match or tournament. Which brings me to...
  • Return of the King of the Ring PPV. Winner gets no. 1 contendership spot none of this "bragging rights" bullshit. Tournaments would also be held for cruiserweight and tag belts. Naturally the semi-finals and finals would take place on PPV.
  • Pre-championship match interviews, shot Brock Lesnar/UFC style. Also, championship press conferences. No, not contract signings, PRESS CONFERENCES. Champion and No. 1 contender are wearing suits. With photographers and planted journalists asking questions that allow them to trash talk each other. At the end of said conference, a non-physical staredown. Naturally this will all be exclusive on the network, with highlights shown on RAW and Smackdown.
  • Comedy segments are abolished. You can have comedic characters, and you can have funny moments in a segment, but no more momentum killing segements designed specifically to tell a bad joke.
  • Writing staff is split between RAW, ME, and Smackdown. Leave NXT alone. Each show is run by a head booker, who gives the broad strokes of an idea while a small writing staff jots down the specifics. Shows planned at least two weeks in advance.
  • Women wrestling and championship matches given the same treatment as male championship matches (yes with press conferences and backstage promos.)

Re: Christian/Orton... that's nuts. 4 PPVs straight taking each other on. I remember the matches were pretty damn good. Should watch again.

Code:
05/22/2011	Over The Limit	WWE Over The Limit 2011	Randy Orton vs Christian
06/18/2011	Capitol Punishment	WWE Capitol Punishment 2011	Randy Orton vs Christian
07/17/2011	Money In The Bank	WWE Money In The Bank 2011	Randy Orton vs Christian
08/13/2011	Summerslam	WWE SummerSlam 2011	Christian vs Randy Orton
07/04/2013	Smackdown Replays	World Champ vs Best in the	Randy Orton vs Christian
08/26/2013	Raw Replays	The Gift of Justice!	Christian vs Randy Orton
02/06/2014	Smackdown Replays	Kane Is Able	Christian vs Randy Orton

Oh god, was that his ONE MORE MATCH phase?

jred2k

If there's one thing I'm totally against is a cruiserweight division. It just puts a ceiling on smaller guys and it does nothing for them.

I too always bring Cena merch for my dates. Works like a charm.

Whenever my date says no means no, I just pull out my Never Give Up towel.

It's covered in chloroform.

imBask

Banned
Inspired by Sephzilla's post, here are the things I would add/subtract in modern WWE.

• Comedy segments are abolished. You can have comedic characters, and you can have funny moments in a segment, but no more momentum killing segements designed specifically to tell a bad joke.

only point i'm not sure about. Comedy wrestling is an important part of the business for me. The problem with WWE right now is that their comedy bits are written by a crazy old men

I obviously don't want WWE to turn into Chikara (eventhough I like Chikara), but you need at least 1 well executed comedy segment per show

I forgot to add in my list that since all PPVs now cost the same different PPVs would be headlined by different championships. The World Heavyweight would obviously headline the most, but some would be headlined by the IC, and some by my proposed cruiserweight division. Also, former world champs can and will go for the IC belt.

RP912

Banned
smiley.jpg

The innovator of comedy wrestling. I don't know why it's so hard to capture a comedy match without treating the fans like idiots.

Marvel

could never
"One of your biggest fans by the name of "BIONIC-ARRRMMM!!" believes that you should be the sole talent signed. Do you belive that you are the only important superstar?"
BTwc6Il.gif

"When people show loyalty to you, you take care of those who are with you. It's how it goes with everything. If you have a small circle of friends, and one of those friends doesn't stay loyal to you, they don't stay your friend for very long. To answer your question, no I do not feel that I am the only important star but I feel if a man wants to proclaim he is the future... well, he's gotta go through me Jack."

If there's one thing I'm totally against is a cruiserweight division. It just puts a ceiling on smaller guys and it does nothing for them.
There are a whole mess of guys under 220 that would benefit from having their own focus instead of jobbing out. Guys like Kofi Kingston and Tyson Kidd are never going to headline wrestlemania if they are just another guy. But if you give them a focus all to themselves, that can make up for any shortcomings on the mike or just natural charisma. Imagine Heath Slater or Zack Ryder with a dedicated spot like that.

only point i'm not sure about. Comedy wrestling is an important part of the business for me. The problem with WWE right now is that their comedy bits are written by a crazy old men

I obviously don't want WWE to turn into Chikara (eventhough I like Chikara), but you need at least 1 well executed comedy segment per show

mmmm, I hear what your saying and agree, I suppose I just want better comedy segments.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Lurker who only made drive by posts to insult community regulars like Fox and Alucard. He made the original "This community is really bad" post

Alucard doesn't even post here anymore. I haven't seen a post of his for days.

imBask

Banned
damn I just read a fantasy booking about giving the next MiTB to Harper, that would be amazing

Monster heel following the champ around, being a weirdo

Cagey

Banned
A cruiserweight title that would have Daniel Bryan and Seth Rollins within the weight limits makes them look silly.

kiguel182

There are a whole mess of guys under 220 that would benefit from having their own focus instead of jobbing out. Guys like Kofi Kingston and Tyson Kidd are never going to headline wrestlemania if they are just another guy. But if you give them a focus all to themselves, that can make up for any shortcomings on the mike or just natural charisma. Imagine Heath Slater or Zack Ryder with a dedicated spot like that.

I agree with what you are saying but I don't agree that a cruiserweight title is the solution. A cruiserweight title just says "you are not WWE title material" and while that might be true for a lot of them it's not an image you want to pass. It doesn't make them look strong.

You can do everything you are saying with the IC belt and good stories with the benefit that if one of them gets really over you can advance him to the main event easily.

jred2k

What's this dude sad about?

When Roman was crowned new face of the company at the Royal Rumble Cena's life force immediately started to leech from his body. Dude is gonna look like Benjamin Button by next year's WrestleMania.

Top Bottom