• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Marvel

could never
I'm too smart to list my disgusting hobbies on a piece of paper.
QmYLeKK.gif

kiguel182

what kind of job application asks for your hobbies?

Punk won

Edit- After the HHH/Austin podcast, do you think HHH would actually welcome Punk back or was that HHH just trying to look good?

I like HHH a lot but the one thing I don't believe from that podcast is that he doesn't ill feeling towards Punk. He was probably just being diplomatic about it.

Sephzilla

I also don't see what's wrong about listing "gaming" or "playing games" on an application. Would you look down on someone who put "movie enthusiast" on an application?

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
I like HHH a lot but the one thing I don't believe from that podcast is that he doesn't ill feeling towards Punk. He was probably just being diplomatic about it.
Triple H either sucks at holding grudges, or he's the greatest spin master ever.

Jury's still out on that one.

jred2k

Again, he's marketed to kids, who tend to be a lot easier to sell to than adults. It's a chicken or egg thing there with which comes first, but they do everything in their power to make his merch appealing to kids, and lots of it. I mean, you want to buy the new Cena t-shirt? You can't just buy the t-shirt, Cena wears more than that. So you gotta bug your parents to buy the wristbands too. Then the hat. And the towel he's waving around in his entrance.

Every new round of merch he has is like a complete set, not just a t-shirt.

I wonder if WWE has done any research that would allow them to time releasing of merch with growth spurts.

"Tommy's Cena shirt just doesn't fit him any more. I guess we'll have to get him a new Cena shirt.

Ooh, this one's orange!"

kiguel182

Lots of them. Used to weed out fuckin' idiots. It still works, as evidenced in that thread.

Wow. Both, now...

I feel the thread is worse than the actual question.

But, in fairness, listing gaming as an interest is fair. Not as an hobbie though.

EDIT: And putting it as an interest really depends on what job you are applying to.

Big E nailing AJ in her boob was probably when Vince lost interest in him. In the next month you'll be able to contrast that with Rusev's improv capabilities shining last night.

imBask

Banned
I also don't see what's wrong about listing "gaming" or "playing games" on an application. Would you look down on someone who put "movie enthusiast" on an application?

because in a perfect world it wouldn't mind, but in the real world, people are dumb and gaming is still stigmatized

gamers are perceived as "lazy" for some reason

most shitty retail applications I ever filled out had a field for this. I left it blank and once put martial arts down because I thought it'd factor into how they scheduled my hours.

It didn't~

Toki767

I haven't had that on any applications I've ever filled out, thankfully.

If I did have it on an application I would leave that area blank though. What I do in my spare time is none of their business.

I'm thinking he's applying to either Gamestop or some retail store. It can't possibly be for some corporate job. And if it's a retail store application, it's like, whatever as long as your hobbies aren't something normal people don't do.

Sephzilla

because in a perfect world it wouldn't mind, but in the real world, people are dumb and gaming is still stigmatized

This isn't untrue, either.

I've seen gamers bitch and moan about no backwards compatibility and champion digital versions of games for reasons like "i don't have to get up off of my couch to change games"

Thorakai

You think gaming is bad, how about listing "I'm an esteemed member of a wrestling community on a gaming enthusiast message board."

kiguel182

There are a lot of immature people that game.

You just need to take a look at Gaming Side and even the OT or the tons of controversies surrounding gaming.

I love video games and even would like to pursue game dev as an activity and I think less of people who call themselves "gamers".

Kaladin

Serious question....

If Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan is a legit awesome match and Reigns wins, would we still be mad?

Bryan would have gotten a fair shake, and Reigns would have had to go through him to get to Lesnar, a bit more legit than coming into the Rumble and breezing through.

Fucking hate that word "Gamer"

I'm not a gamer. I'm a customer.

Serious question....

If Roman Reigns vs Daniel Bryan is a legit awesome match and Reigns wins, would we still be mad?

Bryan would have gotten a fair shake, and Reigns would have had to go through him to get to Lesnar, a bit more legit than coming into the Rumble and breezing through.

Yes, because I want to see Bryan/Lesnar not Reigns/Lesnar.

No because movies are a more legitimate artform
I have no idea who Cruise Missile is. Who is he and what did he do?
What he do?

Lurker who only made drive by posts to insult community regulars like Fox and Alucard. He made the original "This community is really bad" post

Sephzilla

Fucking hate that word "Gamer"

I was okay with the word until it got dragged through the dirt with all of that GamerGate shit

Serious question....

Probably, because if the match is awesome 95% of it will be due to Bryan

imBask

Banned
There are a lot of immature people that game.

You just need to take a look at Gaming Side and even the OT or the tons of controversies surrounding gaming.

I love video games and even would like to pursue game dev as an activity and I think less of people who call themselves "gamers".

yeah I know but I mean, you could say the same thing about pretty much every hobby...

sports : lots of scumbags and trashtalker
movies : lots of elitist and negative people
music : lots of lazy people
fitness : lots of cocky assholes
wrestling : all idiots

Serious question....

I would imagine it depends on what happens post match. Plenty will be upset regardless, but if they try and have Bryan put him over with a hand raise/shake, you will definitely see some righteous fury even if it's a 5 star clinic.

Marvel

could never
I was okay with the word until it got dragged through the dirt with all of that GamerGate shit

I won't pretend I'm smart because I'm dumb as fuck. I have no clue what it was/is and I have no desire to go into threads regarding it tbh after looking at 'em for 8 seconds.

She would actually fit right in...I see her getting chiseled into a beast by the Gracies since her submission move actually have credibility.

Real talk, I'd bet money on her for sure.

Ithil

what kind of job application asks for your hobbies?

Punk won

Edit- After the HHH/Austin podcast, do you think HHH would actually welcome Punk back or was that HHH just trying to look good?

Maybe in like, five years, if there was someone to be a medium between them. Punk holds a grudge and so does HHH.

Haha sounds horribly hilarious, anyone care to give an abridged version?

I may be mixing up the timeline, but in short: AJ was GM, Cena and AJ starting flirting, Vickie Guerrero found security cam footage of them dating (revealing that Cena wears his own merch on dates) and going back to the other's hotel room. AJ uncontrollably lusted after John as revealed through voicemails that Vickie acquired, AJ was ousted as GM and replaced with Vickie. Something something Ziggler and Cena came to blows since Ziggs was still managed by Vickie, AJ turns on Cena at TLC '12 and sides with Ziggler (who dumps Vickie), Ziggler's finishers get no-sold by Cena a few weeks later, and to cap it off

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Serious question....

Until he has a really good match with Cena, I will never accept Reigns.

And yes, I do mean Cena. If he has a good match with D-bry, so what? 99% of the roster has had a good match with him too. But if you can have a great match with Cena, that means you can hang with pretty much anybody.

kiguel182

yeah I know but I mean, you could say the same thing about pretty much every hobby...

sports : lots of scumbags and trashtalker
movies : lots of elitist and negative people
music : lots of lezy people
fitness : lots of cocky assholes
wrestling : all idiots

Almost all of those (bar wrestling) have a more diverse demographic.

Also, music and movies buffs can be elitist and pseudo-intelectual but they are way less pathetic that some people here. They also know more about their hobbie and what they are talking about that "gamers".

"gamers" are just a bad community. From the anti-female stance, to the hate for indie games and overall just childish behaviour. It's worse than other communities in artistic mediums that's for sure.

Most people I talk about video games don't call themselves gamers and, funny enough, probably have better taste in games than most people here.

Retirement
home
Match.

I may be mixing up the timeline, but in short: AJ was GM, Cena and AJ starting flirting, Vickie Guerrero found security cam footage of them dating (revealing that Cena wears his own merch on dates) and going back to the other's hotel room. AJ uncontrollably lusted after John as revealed through voicemails that Vickie acquired, AJ was ousted as GM and replaced with Vickie. Something something Ziggler and Cena came to blows since Ziggs was still managed by Vickie, AJ turns on Cena at TLC '12 and sides with Ziggler (who dumps Vickie), Ziggler's finishers get no-sold by Cena a few weeks later, and to cap it off
hahaha. The Merch on a date is the best part.... hahaha.

Top Bottom