• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Historically yes, junior divisions in Japan referred to weight. NJPW however has recently booked their junior division as more of a "stepping stone," which is unfortunate.
You find that unfortunate? If that's the case, I must sorely disagree. I feel any form of weight class has no place in pro wrestling.

There has always been an issue of if you need to be a certain size to draw. Any form of weight class reenforces this, even if it's designed not to.(Cruiserweight was named so in order to avoid it, but there was still a stigma surrounding it.)

I feel transitioning to a Junior/Senior format would be a good thing for wrestling, it keeps a clear distinction on who falls where on the card without pinning it on size. It gives fans an in-universe term for midcarders, but doesn't nail you down to that spot, you can actually go up if you work hard enough. It would also solve the illogical card progression that WWE has been having issues with lately.

DiscoJon

Banned
It has a series recap which explains everything you need to know about the plot when it comes to previous games. However the beginning is slow and the game is very japanese (I mean culturally, not as some weird synonym for perverted) so if that doesn't appeal to you then I suppose not. Then again it's free so just do it.
As long as it doesn't have any 1000 year old demons/PSVita creepiness I'll give it a try. Downloading now!

BTW, if any of you want to add me on PS3, I'm "DiscoJ".

Anyone catch FallingEdge on Raw last night? I didn't, but I wasn't doing a good job of watching Raw.

WWE sounds pretty damn good right now, honestly.
Speaking of FallingEdge, do you guys think he gets off on going to indie shows, taking pictures next to the wrestlers and making them look small?

JavyOO7

Friends....hear me.

WWE saw the spectacle of the Raw After Mania and made it into a spectacle they create and promote.

WWE also saw the spectacle of the Yes movement and how the fans directed them to the product they wanted at Mania.

Do you guys not think that Roman Reigns being booked as the Rumble winner is working into them trying to book the fans into a frenzy AND therefore duplicating the success of last year's Mania on their own?

They see something happen spontaneously and then try to recreate it themselves. I guarantee Roman winning the rumble was meant to incite reaction from the fans because they want to be able to have that kind of reaction but in a controlled environment where they have planned story angles directed by where the crowd reaction goes.

Breh, D. Brine won't main event Wrestlemania this year. He's going to lose to the Roman Empire. Balee that, as I think he would say.

If he does though, I'll buy someone in this thread pizza.

Kaladin

Breh, D. Brine won't main event Wrestlemania this year. He's going to lose to the Roman Empire. Balee that, as I think he would say.

If he does though, I'll buy someone in this thread pizza.

I'm not even saying Bryan goes into the Mania match. They just wanted to book a fan reaction and see how it plays out. It really is a toss up which way they go on this though.

Bowser

I say do a screw job finish at Fastlane, make the Mania match a 4 way and then put the belt on Rollins. Then build up a respect feud between Bryan/Reigns as they both chase Rollins for the gold. Get both guys over and build Rollins to be a strong as hell champion.

I would prefer WM to have 1v1 title matches. Benoit at 20 and Bryan at 30 were special occasions.

If you'd let me put on my fantasy booking hat for a minute...

Bryan beats Reigns at Fast Lane after Rollins gets involved (they already had Rollins get involved in his match with Show, there's history, etc)

Reigns challenges Rollins to a match at WM for his MitB case ("You took my title shot away from me, I'm going to take yours from you")

Reigns wins the case at WM (Rollins, IMO, is credible enough of a main eventer to no longer need the case to challenge for a title shot). Bryan or Lesnar could win at WM (depends on if Lesnar re-signs, but he's a face to the hardcore crowd anyway so they probably wouldn't boo him retaining), either would work for a feud with Reigns culminating in a title shot at SS (Bryan took his title shot from him, Lesnar vs. Reigns books itself).

Rollins goes on to feud with a face Orton (this would require holding off on Orton's return until either WM where he costs Rollins the match or RAW the night after).

Reigns wins the title at some point (SummerSlam?), we get a Rollins vs Reigns title feud to close out the year.

Boom.

So how does Sunny Mac feel about Stro going all Christian Cage with another promotion?

I mean, it is spreading the gospel of Legit Shook, but on the other hand is he burning bridges over here?

I guess because of the substance abuse issues maybe Stro is more of a Kurt Angle...
Won't be long until we find Strobogo hanging out in the comments section of Brandon Stroud's articles.

Hasney

Right, I got around to watching the Austin/HHH podcast on the network before I went out and I loved it. The only question I think I'd want HHH to answer on the back of it is how much was planned after the Sami/Cesaro feud? I mean, I don't even care either way because it worked out beautifully, but after that first special when Cesaro won again, yet Sami lost the big matches, was that planned knowing how big a face Sami was, or was that an audible?

I honestly don't care which one it is, but I would go as far to say that if Sami was booked exactly the same on the main roster, he would be close to being as over as he is with the NXT audience. it either shows that HHH's booking team has a fantastic long term plan that knows what the crowd wants, or they reacted to the reaction Sami got. I'd love to know the answer, because it was perfect either way. Neville was a huge heel... Yet only between the match the X went up and the first title match. He was a complete babyface again by the end of the same event.

JavyOO7

I'm not even saying Bryan goes into the Mania match. They just wanted to book a fan reaction and see how it plays out. It really is a toss up which way they go on this though.

Ah, true that. I can't really see WWE being that forward thinking. All that happening is due to dumb luck and them losing control of their Toyota Prius.

kiguel182

If we are fantasy booking I say Bryan should face Lesnar at Mania, lose after bringing Lesnar to his limits and then Rollins cashes in on Lesnar.

Then you can have Rollins feud with Bryan and go from there.

Also it's weird how many of you people go to Reddit, especially to watch a banned member post. Let him do his thing, it's not a big deal. He'll be home sometime later. Don't worry about it.
Can you help me navigate that site? I see a thread Strobogo made about Vader, click the link and it takes me to imgur. I see there's 40 replies in his thread but the only other link I can seemingly click on is his screen name which just takes me to his profile. How the frick do I get to the thread?

Fox318

tXlG0X5.png

Hasney

Random question based on my night out: Are any of you like me where you try the weirdest drink/food on the menu? I think I finally found my limit.

Friends, some breaking news that will shake WrassleGAF to its core:

WWE has expressed interest in both Mandy Leon and ex-NFL offensive guard "Moose" Quinn Ojinnaka of Ring of Honor.

Leon has appeared on a limited basis in Ring of Honor, mostly promoting their Pay Per Views on their weekly TV show while spending most of her time wrestling in New Jersey and Pennsylvania on independents such as UWE. Leon has appeared a few times on RAW as part of Adam Rose's entourage in recent months. Ojinnaka, who signed in mid 2014 with ROH and also has been used sparingly was recruited by WWE a few years back but never signed.

Leon, who does not have a ROH contract, did a tryout at the WWE Performance Center in January. Ojinnaka is scheduled for another one shortly upon his ROH deal expiring in the spring.

Several ROH wrestlers have yet to sign new deals with the company. With both WWE and TNA expressing an interest in some of the wrestlers, contract talks with ROH have slowed to a snails pace. ROH recently switched to a January-to-January 1 year contract for its talent. Booker Delirious (Hunter Johnston) is a big fan of New Japan, who for years has used the January-to-January contract for their wrestlers.

Xater

As per Reddit user MetsFan4Ever:

Sin Cara's been wrestling in singles as of late on Raw & Smackdown. And he and Kalisto recently dropped the NXT Tag Team Titles.

It's because creative has been toying with a different gimmick for Kalisto. With the impending loss of Rey Mysterio, and the bust of Sin Cara, WWE is looking for a new masked star to take over, which would have been Kalisto, obviously.

But recently NXT officials tried Kalisto out with a new, unmasked gimmick: a gay hair stylist.

He blew away officials, no pun intended, with his portrayal, to the point that he is seriously being considered doing that gimmick instead of continuing with the Kalisto gimmick.

What a terrible idea. But it's MetsFan so probably wrong anyway.

Friends, some breaking news that will shake WrassleGAF to its core:

That is old news brother Titus. We have heard about their interest in her weeks ago.

Toki767

If we are fantasy booking I say Bryan should face Lesnar at Mania, lose after bringing Lesnar to his limits and then Rollins cashes in on Lesnar.

Then you can have Rollins feud with Bryan and go from there.

But then what do you do with Reigns? WWE are more concerned about Reigns having a nice spot at Mania than they are with Bryan.

Hasney

No, but maybe I should try doing that. What was the limit?

Yeah, I usually like to make a game of it.

Tonight, I had the donught burger which is rare for the UK, but a good cheat day. Then I had a bloody mary with mushroom and garlic puree and a lot of tabasco, that was fine. Chilli and chive martini? Beautiful. 9% Russian stout that was £4 a pint? Vodka first taste, but amazing afterwards. 13% lager that was so smooth it tasted like a soft drink? Ruined my night last week, but so nice if it wasn't buy one get one free. Italian stout that was £10 a pint "made from spaghetti water with hints of chocolate and coffee" ... Uh, no. I believe the description of spaghetti water, it just tasted like starch. Finally I found my limit.

Marvel

could never
Tonight, I had the donught burger which is rare for the UK, but a good cheat day. Then I had a bloody mary with mushroom and garlic puree and a lot of tabasco, that was fine. Chilli and chive martini? Beautiful. 9% Russian stout that was £4 a pint? Vodka first taste, but amazing afterwards. 13% lager that was so smooth it tasted like a soft drink? Ruined my night last week, but so nice if it wasn't buy one get one free. Italian stout that was £10 a pint "made from spaghetti water with hints of chocolate and coffee" ... Uh, no. I believe the description of spaghetti water, it just tasted like starch. Finally I found my limit.

"We'll call you... PUKE!"

I think the 4 way would work best just because you don't damage Bryan or Reigns by having either get pinned. To make Vince happy I'd have Reigns spear Lesnar after Brock eats everyone's finish and then Rollins dump Reigns outta the ring and pick up the scraps.

Ok so I got through the 1st 2 Progress matches so far and will finish the rest this evening. I found it interesting that TNA books a lot of these guy's on the British Boot Camp show and on their UK tours. Has Jimmy Havoc ever done anything with TNA?

Top Bottom