• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| Royal Reignble Fallout. NO HOLDS BARRED, SMARKS!

teNYZDg.gif
It's nice to see good triumph over evil every once in a while.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Counting the days.....

https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/10885100_786813848034848_2511902695397253999_n.jpg?oh=1f8d02ea85f4a8fa4c9b1c75488ef598&oe=55507089&__gda__=1431604671_198a093567c2b91276f7e4cab0cfa611[/IG]

[b]Better build, more hype than Lesnar vs Reigns / Bryan.[/b][/QUOTE]

That's because Brock isn't around and Seth-kun has been booked as the top heel since September yet isn't main eventing Mania. The guy has feuds going with every top face on the roster, it's criminal he isn't walking into Mania as champion.

Fox318

That's because Brock isn't around and Seth-kun has been booked as the top heel since September yet isn't main eventing Mania. The guy has feuds going with every top face on the roster, it's criminal he isn't walking into Mania as champion.

He is gonna cash in on Brock at the Raw after. Crowd will go apeshit.

kiguel182

But then what do you do with Reigns? WWE are more concerned about Reigns having a nice spot at Mania than they are with Bryan.

Big Show?

Whats interesting is Brock is back next week. So they are going to angles where he confronts both of them is my guess.

So they are going to tease both and see how the audience reacts? Sounds cool.

Shame we'll be teased the match and then never see it. But this is at least more interesting than the Reigns show.

Vylash

I think they've done a great job hyping up the match.

they have, but it being a title match means they've put themselves into the typical WWE position of having 2 guys who can't afford a loss, you can't take the title off of Sami so quickly and you can't beat your biggest heel in his first major match so there's gotta be some sort of fucked finish, NXT has been SO good about their PPV main events ending cleanly and decisively that this really worries me

they have, but it being a title match means they've put themselves into the typical WWE position of having 2 guys who can't afford a loss, you can't take the title off of Sami so quickly and you can't beat your biggest heel in his first major match so there's gotta be some sort of fucked finish, NXT has been SO good about their PPV main events ending cleanly and decisively that this really worries me

Yeah, I'm disappointed they backtracked on that.

Fox318

I think NXT has earned the benefit of the doubt with handling stars.

Plus Zayn is built to be the top face in the company.

Toki767

Big Show?

So they are going to tease both and see how the audience reacts? Sounds cool.

Shame we'll be teased the match and then never see it. But this is at least more interesting than the Reigns show.

Interestingly enough a match with Big Show at Mania is basically what propelled Cena's popularity. Doubt it'd work for Reigns though.

I also see the Lesnar/Bryan confrontation being some way to try to get more fans to cheer Reigns.

Did you guys enjoy HHH last night on the podcast?

I couldn't see your reactions, as I jumped right into Destiny after.

What did you guys think?

Kaladin

Sami can lose to Owens and not loose anything. They're equals and will be booked as such.

I'd have Owens win the first match and the title. Run an angle that plays off Sami's history with Owens and play up how they're so evenly matched it's crazy. I'd do the typical rematch that NXT does a few weeks after and maybe have them trade the title back and forth a few times in quick succession....build it as a feud of long time friends and rivals who will stop at nothing to one up each other. Then have Regal finally say he's had enough and give them one last match....something big like a Last Man Standing match or some feud ending gimmick that has never been done on NXT.

As long as Sami comes out on top in the feud, it will all be good.

Hasney

So the winner of the finals of the tournament at the NXT show next week gets a title match on the same night right?

No. A No. 1 contender is crowned and its Owens/Zayn for the belt.

EDIT: Which is how WWE should operate. I'd love to see more No. 1 contenders ready for there shot from the prior PPV.

Kaladin

EDIT: Which is how WWE should operate. I'd love to see more No. 1 contenders ready for there shot from the prior PPV.

You don't remember the last time they did that, do you?

Fox318

I do also love that champs earn a rematch. (Even though Orton and Bryan havn't).

If only they could space out PPVs to every 6 weeks. A champ match in the middle on Raw or even Smackdown would be great.

Paracelsus

I was wondering: at what point will they realize the "let's build the monster heel, have him win 64 consecutive matches against no-names and then lose to a big superstar" doesn't translate into "it took a legend to defeat him" but into "look at that loser, he can only beat up chumps, the time he had to step up he failed"?

Toki767

I was wondering: at what point will they realize the "let's build the monster heel, have him win 64 consecutive matches against no-names and then lose to a big superstar" doesn't translate into "it took a legend to defeat him" but into "look at that loser, he can only beat up chumps, the time he had to step up he failed"?

I think they already realized that. Just listen to commentary on the Ascension.

Top Bottom