• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

jred2k

Uul6EYG.gif

Great gif, but bad analogy. DM should be the out-of-touch of old man we drag out of the back when we need a ratings boost.

Mengetsu

Who didn't shake my hand?
*shakes hand*

Good to be back friend. Let's get to the bullet points.

AJ Styles Rumble/Debut made me mark out and his theme is a 10/10.

Shinsuke Nakamura in NXT is hype as hell.
Please WWE spend some money on dat Subconscious theme.

HHH winning the championship had so many people upset while I laughed cause we all knew this was most likely happening.

Dean Ambrose vs HHH was great as the final two in the RR. Even though he's gonna be cannon fodder for Roman to win cause Bork is not taking a pin I'm glad to see him get some shine.

It's WM season and this is the most I've been involved in WWE programming excluding NXT in almost 9 months.

Glad the thread is back sucked having nothing to read and bounce back thoughts over the past week of news. Keep it clean fellas.

Anth0ny

I want to be one of the few people that could say "I was there, live in attendance, for a WWE Shinsuke Nakamura match before they ruined him"

UberTag

Why should we even care about WrestleMania when we got NXT Takeover to look forward to?
NXT Takeover won't have celebrities. Or 100,000 people. Or The Rock spouting catchphrases and insults. Or Stone Cold Steve Austin unleashing stunners.

Apparently, the above is all that WWE fans crave.

Can we talk about the dumb booking at FastLane. I mean obviously Roman is going to win, even if I was a Mark I would know that
That's actually not the dumb part about Fast Lane's main event booking. The dumb part is that he's matched up against two faces more over than he is in a match that will likely feature a Wyatt screwjob, him pinning his best buddy (again) and won't do much at all to make him look strong until Coronation #3 at Mania (where he will be booed).

That... and he was gifted the #1 contender's match by the Authority after they killed themselves for weeks to get the title off of him.

Yes!

Now I can lurk this thread again.

Although I really do hope they don't ruin Nakamura...that knee is going to be gone at least.

Pikma

Banned
That's actually not the dumb part about Fast Lane's main event booking. The dumb part is that he's matched up against two faces more over than he is in a match that will likely feature a Wyatt screwjob, him pinning his best buddy (again) and won't do much at all to make him look strong until Coronation #3 at Mania (where he will be booed).
I don't really mind it, they're all really good performers and the match could definitely be decent enough

and he was gifted the #1 contender's match by the Authority after they killed themselves for weeks to get the title off of him.
But this, this is simply offensive, what the fuck were they thinking?

Hex

Banned
Good. Out of everything, that's the moment that soiled the PPV.

The fact thet she got no paypack from it is what pissed me off about it.
If he is going to do that, let her kick him in the pills.
It would have still given the distraction effect but given her paypack.
Or let her deck him.
But no, nothing.
THAT is what made it crappy to me.

I mean the worst bit was that a canon literal sexual assault wasn't treated as a big deal or barely a problem at all, but sure.

klonere

Banned
Yeah saying that in story sexual assault is perfectly acceptable as a plot device while say, intentional bleeding is absolutely off-limits is pretty ass-backwards.

Kids would be traumatized by blood and but there's NOTHING wrong with forcibly laying yourself on a women, that's the way the world works children!

In 1985 Magnum T.A. forced himself on Baby Doll as a face - 31 years later and Ric Flair does a similar thing, but as a heel. That's pro-wrestling's version of progress, I guess.

Yeah saying that in story sexual assault is perfectly acceptable as a plot device while intentional bleeding is absolutely off-limits is pretty ass-backwards.

True. I mean honestly, I'm fine with it as a plot device, but they treated it like "Oh, that scamp Flair kissing the girls!" rather than as a bad thing

Menome

Kane looks like he's staring at his own name and going "What the fuck is that guy doing in a movie...in 2016?"

Fox318

In 1985 Magnum T.A. forced himself on Baby Doll as a face - 31 years later and Ric Flair does a similar thing, but as a heel. That's pro-wrestling's version of progress, I guess.
That was so crazy watching that on starcade.

Who the Fuck thought that would be viewed as a face?

Honestly dusty deserved Vince to shame him with the polka dots.

Browny

Banned
Sounds riveting...

Ray Fitzpatrick (WWE Superstar Dolph Ziggler) is a tough as nails narcotics cop working the beat in Los Angeles. After a drug bust goes wrong, Ray is forced to shoot his own partner, leading to his suspension from the police force. Before you know it, Ray is dragged right back into the thick of it when a mysterious package arrives at the station addressed to him. The package leads Ray and his colleagues to an encrypted website where an unidentified kidnapper broadcasts a threat to Ray and the entire police force. The kidnapper, it turns out, is holding a young boy hostage and unless the police department can come up with a $2 million ransom, he’ll set off a time-bomb strapped to the child’s chest.

The department, led by Lt. Cronin (WWE Superstar Kane) comes up with the payoff and Ray is tasked as the bagman. When the handover goes down, Ray is forced to shoot and kill the kidnapper before he can set off the bomb and kill the child. With 6 hours and 42 minutes left before the timed explosive detonates, Ray and Internal Affairs agent Julia Baker (Katharine Isabelle from “See No Evil 2”) race against time to find the now deceased kidnapper’s hidden lair and save the child before it’s too late.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Can we talk about the dumb booking at FastLane. I mean obviously Roman is going to win, even if I was a Mark I would know that

While Roman is clearly going to win, I am still holding out some hope that the most over non injured faced in the company, Ambrose, will go over. With how many times he's went for the title and come up short, it would make a great "Wrestlemania moment" to see him beat HHH. Maybe WWE will surprise us? Hell if they're just going to do Reigns vs HHH at Mania, it would have made more sense for Ambrose to fight HHH at Fastlane and come up short. Then Reigns could get it done where his buddy failed.

Top Bottom