• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Cagey

Banned
tumblr_o16p67bPZK1uta6xoo2_250.gif

Wrassle-GAF once again rises from the ashes, only to be bigger and better.

Maybe Raw will be bigger and better, too.

tumblr_o16j3uUwBr1tuub8ro2_500.gif

Kaladin

Good Morning!

I spent some hours last night catching up to the CM Punk era whom I have no knowledge about. Dude is good. damn good. I watched a match with him and Jeff Hardy for the World HC and that was intense. It ends with Undertaker choke slamming CM which leads to a 3 match back to back feud.I fact, those three PPVs (in 2009) were headlined by the same programs: DX vs Legacy, Cena vs Orton and CM vs Undertaker.

Punk was one of the best in the business in the past decade when it comes to ring psychology and promos. It's just a shame the business turned him into a bitter old man

Scottify

I'm really digging Smackdown now, pretty much because of Ranallo & King. I do like that King seems to have gone back to a full time heel announcer. Not to mention is constant making fun of Byron.

I only watched that Styles match from Smackdown but yeah. Ranallo is a great addition.

A classic Scott Steiner moment was just posted recently in YouTube. http://youtu.be/rUCQinc01-k This is a good channel to subscribe to.

I'm still disappointed he wasn't in the Rumble as people said he would be.

Was Scott Steiners transformation from Steiner Brothers Scotty Steiner to Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner ever explained in a storyline or did he just show up with blond hair and chain mail one day?

Just wait until you can come back around to Taker/Punk when Punk is an established main eventer, loved that match from WM29 I believe.

Kaladin

i really wanted to go further to discuss ring psychology. You're right, what little I saw it was apparent to me that dude knew how to tell a story.

In his first match against undertaker, he sold a chicken shit coward and fought like one to. taking jabs to taker's needs and finally winning via screw job (i montreal).

In their second match, he came in with a false bravado which was slowly broken down as he remembered what he was up against. Taker does a great job in these matched with him as he doesnt sell CM Punk getting the best of him using a hard offensive manuevers,

They were really good matches. Can't wait to see more.

The other thing I loved about Punk, he could take any shit they threw at him and turn it into gold. Straight Edge Society shouldn't have been gold, but he made it so. Same with New Nexus.

The only thing he couldn't save is the whole New Heyman Guys angle.

Fox318

I'm really digging Smackdown now, pretty much because of Ranallo & King. I do like that King seems to have gone back to a full time heel announcer. Not to mention is constant making fun of Byron.

Byron fucking sucks. He wasn't even good on fucking NXT with no Vince and Dunn in his ear.

There is no fucking reason why he even needs to be there. He ads absolutely nothing to commentary and has the personality of a wet blanket.

Scottify

Byron fucking sucks. He wasn't even good on fucking NXT with no Vince and Dunn in his ear.

There is no fucking reason why he even needs to be there. He ads absolutely nothing to commentary and has the personality of a wet blanket.

I couldn't agree more, he literally adds nothing to the commentary other than reading a few ads or sparring with King or JBL. Send him back down and return to a 2-man commentary team I say.

Bret Hart has cancer.

It is with great remorse that I feel compelled to speak truthfully to my friends, family and my millions of fans around the world. In the past few years, I've spent more than enough time paying the price for all those years trying to be the best there ever was as a professional wrestler. I executed excellently and my proudest claim was that I never seriously hurt or injured another wrestler in my 23 year career. I've paid a price for all that "fake" wrestling. Aside from a devastating career-ending concussion and numerous surgeries when I was younger, in recent years I've had two knee replacements, two hernia operations, surgery on my right elbow, and, just a few months ago, I underwent a four-corner fusion of my right wrist that even now makes it most difficult to write or type.

Mark Helprin wrote: "We are all perfect clocks that Divinity has set to ticking when, even before birth, the heart explodes into a lifelong dance." I've had a great lifelong dance and I'm a survivor of many hard battles. I now face my toughest battle. With hesitation and fear, I openly declare myself in my fight against prostate cancer. In the next few days, I will undergo surgery with the hope of defeating this nemesis once and for all.

My fans have always looked upon me as a hero and I've always done my best to live up to that in and out of the ring. I beat the odds when I suffered my stroke in 2002, but it is now yet again, that I draw upon the many adults and young children I've met throughout my life who courageously fought and usually lost in their battles against this deadly disease. One year ago, I watched a brave young man named Whesley fight brain cancer to the end. If I can find even an ounce of his courage to stand unafraid and face the tough road ahead of me, I will march toward this destiny with his spirit chanting in my ear.

I make a solemn vow to all of those that once believed in me, the dead and the living, that I will wage my fearsome fight against cancer with one shield and one sword carrying my determination and my fury for life, emboldened by all the love that's kept me going this long already. Love is my weapon and I've got much of it around me all the time, for which I'm truly blessed and eternally grateful. My children, grandchildren, and my loving wife Steph have been and will constantly be at my side. I refuse to lose, I will never give in or give up, and I will win this battle or die trying.

Most important of all, I hope I can take the fight to prostate cancer. To be a leader in awareness and to set the example for men everywhere who find themselves in my very same shoes, that prostate cancer can be beaten.

- B x

http://www.f4wonline.com/other-wres...he-has-prostate-cancer-makes-statement-206751

Hex

Banned

The only excuse for Byron is if there is some kind of crazy heel turn thing.

shanafan

This CM Punk shooting on HHH is fascinating stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRykKgEpqQ

I love CM Punk, but I think he plays the victim card quite a bit too much. Sure, I know that Triple H does have an ego and definitely both their personalities clash, but come on Punk. I would love to see them face each other at Wrestlemania.

Why does he need to make it a personal vendetta about how much the guys get paid on that card? Do it for the fans, man. I think that pop when you come out, people cheering you left and right, that is why you should be wrestling - not worrying that Brock and Undertake got paid more.

That Money in the Bank 2011 entrance with Punk was absolutely amazing. That is why you wrestle.

I hope to god they release him. He adds nothing to the commentary. No charisma whatsoever. I feel hes not really suited for WWE commentary, He feels more suited as one of those reporters that does post game interviews in basketball or something.

That man has been through so much shit in his life.

I agree. I may start actually watching Smackdown for it. Byron really adds nothing to it all, I'd much rather have Ranallo and King do it.

DMczaf

So is King legit again? I've missed every single Smackdown on USA thus far, but I keep hearing Ranallo and King are killing it right now.

Scottify

So is King legit again? I've missed every single Smackdown on USA thus far, but I keep hearing Ranallo and King are killing it right now.

King reminds me of what JBL used to be before he turned into the 'neutral' color guy. King & Ranallo have good chemistry so far.

Not yet. Luckily, if I skip Mania and Raw after Mania, I also won't have to book a hotel for three nights, which saves me a ton of money that could go towards a NXT ticket :)
Good luck, pretty much the sooner the better. Those are not dropping and keep creeping up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I kind of feel like King is rusty at being a heel. He's still better than JBL but that isn't hard.

The weird thing is that with Saxton as the face color guy on both Raw and SmackDown Corey Graves doesn't seem to be heel on NXT anymore.

Top Bottom