• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

hamchan

The past few days I've just been watching AJ Styles and Nakamura matches in NJPW so I feel pretty damn great about wrestling right now.

Just in time for RAW later today.

Zach

I fancied up my chronological grades while WrassleGAF was dead.

It's a sortable Google spreadsheet for funsies. I set up conditional formatting and everything. Here's the link (or click the picture): goo.gl/dYRXTV

Sounds riveting...

Film would probably be miles better if it centered around Kane's fat, out of shape character as he tries and fails to run around the city in this "race against time".

4930823-3928381256-kane-.gif

I don't see how or why Roman deserves so many chances at the title. I would legit be shook if ambrose somehow gets the W and Roman takes his frustration out on him.

So yeah, Tanahashi is facing Omega for the IC belt.

As much as I want Omega to win, New Japan needs proven draws right now, which is why I think we're getting Tana winning and then going on to face Naito. I suppose Omega thanks to Los Ingobernables-fearance which leads to Tanahashi/Naito and Omega/Ibushi, but New Japan being New Japan they don't do a lot of bullshit finshes and upsets outside of the G1

As for the IWGP title, I'm thinking more and more that Goto might take it. He's also been going through a bit of a heel turn, attacking Okada during press conferences and after matches, due to disrespect of him. I think it's an interesting move, Goto having been disrespected for so long for being an utter loser - a similar path to what happened with Naito.

klonere

Banned

It's a sortable Google spreadsheet for funsies. I set up conditional formatting and everything. Here's the link (or click the picture): goo.gl/dYRXTV

i....is that a real A? An actual A grade from our main man Zach?

We are back!!!!

It's Monday!!!

What does all of that latin faux-barbaric conquerer horsehit all over the Game-uh's Titantron actually mean? It has a long way to go to beat my favourite wrasslin' translation, 'sublime master thief'.

Welcome back Z-Man!

Zach

i....is that a real A? An actual A grade from our main man Zach?

On the curve, brother. There are a lot of them. Check out the spreadsheet. :D

And about that particular "A": I am shocked that I liked that show as much as I did. It was enjoyable throughout. And can we talk about the crowd reaction for Sable? Insane.

Another note from WrestleMania XIV: The Rock said "palatial palace" and "copactetic". What a Roman Reigns.

Welcome back Z-Man!
*weird Larry Zbyszko salute*

Kaladin

I got around to watching the start of the new X-Files season. If you're wondering how this is relevant, it appears that all these years Mulder worked himself into a shoot.

Zach

I got around to watching the start of the new X-Files season. If you're wondering how this is relevant, it appears that all these years Mulder worked himself into a shoot.

You can't just say wrasslin' words to make random asides on-topic, Kaladin!

Which brings me to this: can we talk about off-topic items within our community if it is in moderation and the wrassle is still our overarching main focus? I asked a moderator but he didn't respond to this question specifically. So any insight, folks?

Hex

Banned

As much as I want Omega to win, New Japan needs proven draws right now, which is why I think we're getting Tana winning and then going on to face Naito. I suppose Omega thanks to Los Ingobernables-fearance which leads to Tanahashi/Naito and Omega/Ibushi, but New Japan being New Japan they don't do a lot of bullshit finshes and upsets outside of the G1

As for the IWGP title, I'm thinking more and more that Goto might take it. He's also been going through a bit of a heel turn, attacking Okada during press conferences and after matches, due to disrespect of him. I think it's an interesting move, Goto having been disrespected for so long for being an utter loser - a similar path to what happened with Naito.

The Goto heel turn is giving him more personality and is good for him and it is also seriously pushing Okada even higher.
Omega going over would be I think best at this point in selling him, he does not have to keep it.

It's Bullet Club though, bullshit finishes are their thing - Omega will have the Bucks and maybe the other BC members at ringside, while Tanahashi will stupidly (as always) only bring Captain. We've got the New Japan Cup coming up after New Beginning and I don't think Tanahashi necessarily needs a belt to feud with Naito, so I've gone for;

Omega beats Tanahashi to win the IC title, then Tanahashi tries to get a rematch via the NJ Cup only for Naito to ruin it for him. Tanahashi faces Naito at Invasion Attack and they feud up to the G1. If Ibushi's ready, he returns at the NJ Cup and wins to challenge Omega.

Not sure what happens with Goto, I could see him turning semi-heel based on the reactions he's been getting recently. Plus, if he does turn, there's a pre-made feud with a betrayed Shibata right there. Don't think he'll beat Okada though.

Kaladin

You can't just say wrasslin' words to make random asides on-topic, Kaladin!

Which brings me to this: can we talk about off-topic items within our community if it is in moderation and the wrassle is still our overarching main focus? I asked a moderator but he didn't respond to this question specifically. So any insight, folks?

I would hope so, random asides that aren't offensive aren't a bad thing IMO and can often add to the community aspect of a community.

I watched that last week. I wasn't feeling it at all, sadly.

I don't know how I feel about it. It feels like they retconned the whole series but at the same time kept it within bounds?

I would hope so, random asides that aren't offensive aren't a bad thing IMO and can often add to the community aspect of a community.

I don't know how I feel about it. It feels like they retconned the whole series but at the same time kept it within bounds?

Yeah, it all felt a bit off-kilter. Not sure if it's a retcon or a swerve? I'll give it another shot because of nostalgia but not sure. It's like the TV show equivalent of a Rock match.

MC Safety

Those review lists got fancier while still remaining completely useless.

Also, watching a replay of the Royal Rumble reveals Charlotte does the worst, most half-assed spear ever.

If I were meaner, I'd tie these two statements together.

So TNA's uk tour seems to be going great.

Kurt Angle got a concussion in his first match.
Davey Richards blew out his knee
And Awesome Kong got sent home for strangling someone in the locker room.

1 show down!

Browny

Banned

The hell is this? Russo-style reboot? We spend two years, reading with anticipation, to see when you're going to dish out an A - and then suddenly like 20 of the fuckers turn up at once?

Zach = F

<3

Raw64life

Speaking of editing things out, they had a backstage segment during the Smackdown tapings where Banks dissolved Team B.A.D. but then it apparently didn't air on TV. So maybe they'll breakup again on Raw tonight.

So myself and a group of friends are seriously considering flying to Dallas for NXT Takeover, partying all night and then flying the fuck home Saturday morning.

Main reason being I have commitments that I can't get out of on Saturday night, but also the fact that Mania is sounding reeeeeeal shitty right about now. NOTHING is topping that Takeover Dallas card.
Got tickets already? Cheapest are like 260 after fees.

Hex

Banned
24/7 WrassleGAF is like a 3h RAW, it's too much wrasslin

You do not have to be in here then if you are going to have issues with it or try and cause any issues.
Just saying.
Everything is zen and UNITY in here.
Was rough without this home away from home.

Obligatory let's not get this thread locked again comment, we should be angling for Kane like longevity for Wrasslegaf and not original Sin Cara.

Film would probably be miles better if it centered around Kane's fat, out of shape character as he tries and fails to run around the city in this "race against time".
Lt Kane Cronin didn't make his post by being a police force jobber like Ziggler, while Zigs is bumping all over the city to make the villain look good reliable Kane will be solving the mystery and losing a few pounds in the process.

I don't see how or why Roman deserves so many chances at the title. I would legit be shook if ambrose somehow gets the W and Roman takes his frustration out on him.
I'm sure this was probably discussed a lot in the Raw thread from last week but after screwing Reigns out of the title the authority just give him another shot of their own will, not even rematch clause, just straight up "we were impressed".
I can't comprehend this booking logic.

Zach

Those review lists got fancier while still remaining completely useless.

Why? I mean, I've already stated that they're mostly for myself (in case I ever want to revisit a good event) and that I'd post them if anyone found them somewhat interesting (some posters seem to like them). So why do you keep negatively posting about them? I even significantly shortened the format of my post, mostly per your request.

If it causes you so much distress, please add me to your Ignore List. I'm done apologizing to you for something you should be big enough to ignore.

Zach

The hell is this? Russo-style reboot? We spend two years, reading with anticipation, to see when you're going to dish out an A - and then suddenly like 20 of the fuckers turn up at once?

Zach = F

<3

I don't think the legit A is ever coming, friend. :(

Got tickets already? Cheapest are like 260 after fees.

I got some tickets when they went on sale for like $35 (+ fees)! :D

I think the seats suck, though. D:

Everytime I see this, I cringe - it's brutal.

And the fact that Havoc is
appearing in
TNA
along with others
just makes me a little sad. Easy money I know, but...

*shrug* I'm over it. They're not signing, it's a pay day and they get to up their rates round the country now B-tier indies can slap "AS SEEN ON TV TNA STAR:" on their poster.
yo Lucha was god damn incredible last week, let's talk about that

Angelico is mah boy
I'm catching up. I just wached All Night Long, going to try binge the rest this week so I'm caught up for next week.

Scottify

Wrassle-GAF once again rises from the ashes, only to be bigger and better.

Maybe Raw will be bigger and better, too.

Top Bottom