• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

RBH

CaLVrOjVIAA256f.jpg:large

Mahonay

Banned
Maybe I'll watch The Miz/AJ segment. Rest of RAW sounds pretty bad as per usual.

Sounds like Roman got booed in Alabama, but I thought he was over?

The AJ Styles/Miz segment wasn't that great. They should have had AJ pick up a microphone after to set something up.

The best bit for me was Ambrose in the ring with Lesnar to start the show.

I missed the Sasha Banks segment.

kiguel182

The Miz is, no doubt, one of the most underrated guys in the WWE. He did some five star work on that segment.

Ziggler winning agains Owens is, honestly, a joke. Same for Brie winning against Charlotte. The midcard scene continues to have no direction.

The rest of the show was okay I guess.

Raw64life

Miz was great on Raw because he didn't have to wrestle, and especially because he didn't have to catch anybody.

Owens is in a 50/50 feud with Ziggler. They are ruining one of their better guys for no reason. So lazy.

You can pretty much guarantee that if AJ fights Jericho again, he's going to lose.

kiguel182

Instead of 50/50 matches they should just put one interview or two. Promote the talent and the PPV WITHOUT having someone lose every week that doesn't need to lose.

Mahonay

Banned
Instead of 50/50 matches they should just put one interview or two. Promote the talent and the PPV WITHOUT having someone lose every week that doesn't need to lose.
That would actual require effort, and said effort has a good chance of just getting shot down by Vince anyway.

Mahonay

Banned
He got a decent pop for a hot tag during the main event.
That's like the one thing he was always excellent at even during The Shield. Good on Roman, he's good at getting the crowd excited in those moments. Now if they could manage a story that's not insulting to most of their audiences' intelligence they could avoid Roman getting booed in a lot of situations.

Current RAW is the product of a wrestling show being run by a 70 year old who demands full control, said 70 year old man also hates wrestling.

He can still put on good PPVs and amazing WrestleManias because he's still a tremendous promoter, it's his strength. I wish he could accept that and just let others largely run the week to week shows.

kiguel182

Miz was great on Raw because he didn't have to wrestle, and especially because he didn't have to catch anybody.

You can pretty much guarantee that if AJ fights Jericho again, he's going to lose.

I think that' a pretty safe bet to make for sure.

That would actual require effort, and said effort has a good chance of just getting shot down by Vince anyway.

It's honestly one of my main complains with the show. Just reeks of lazy and makes everything so much more bland.

Cagey

Banned
So someone on Twitter, who attended yesterday's Raw, said AJ got a huge pop when he came out, which probably means that the fuckers have been messing with the sound during his entrances. I really thought it was evident, especially yesterday, but since no one else here mentioned it I thought it was just me...

Two days into the WrassleGAF reboot and we're already on Reddit-tier crowd-muting conspiracies for our faves?

Mahonay

Banned
I think that' a pretty safe bet to make for sure.

It's honestly one of my main complains with the show. Just reeks of lazy and makes everything so much more bland.
You could look at almost every segment of RAW on a weekly basis and come away with "Well there was a lot of different ways that could have been done better and made more interesting".

Nearly 95 percent of the time they opt for the least exciting option in their wrestling scenarios. I'm still unclear as to why so many people still tune into RAW.

orioto

Good Art™
The 50/50 booking with Ziggler is not that horrible in itself for Owens except when you see the trend. Some weeks ago he had a feud against Ryback, when they were trying to have him over as a face, a dominant monster face. Owens won his two matches clean. That tells you how much he was protected and was meant to look STRONG.

At some point in the last weeks they changed their mind i feel, and it could be really bad.

Got through most of the raw and some thoughts:

- Heyman is still the best mic man
- I'm actually coming around to the Social Outcasts
- The Wyatt/Big Show match was just dumb and will set up another dull and boring "big man" feud. Luke Harper needs a bigger push because that yell he does is terrifying.
- Kevin Owens is such a good heel
- Kalisto is just baffling to me. The guy gets destroyed the entire match, but then wins?
- I wish Rusev was used more in the Kurt Angle way instead of this lumbering power guy
- I still am not terribly impressed with the Diva's division. Too many of the matches feel like spot/set up fests with a lot of sloppy wrestling.
- Miz is also a pretty good heel and the only person to really get the crowd into things that night
- USO's are reminding me a lot of the Rockers and that isn't meant to be a compliment

Damn What did Steph say

During a segment with Reigns/Ambrose she was talking about how one of them could turn on the other and referred to the Jannety/Michaels feud where Michaels threw Jannetty through the Barbershop window.

hamchan

Ziggler in 2014 after Survivor Series I would accept beating Owens clean.

2016 Ziggler I'm like "oh god why is this jobber beating one of the top heels in the company."

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Ziggler in 2014 after Survivor Series I would accept beating Owens clean.

2016 Ziggler I'm like "oh god why is this jobber beating one of the top heels in the company."

Honestly in 2016 I struggle to see what the point of Ziggler is. I mean sure he'll sell a couple moves in the match and make the other guy strong, but it doesn't keep every match involving him from feeling meaningless and dull.

thefro

Darius Rucker is going to Wrestlemania, Flair invited him for the weekend on his podcast.

Apparently Steph is a huge mark for him, so Flair's going to get major points with the front office for making this happen.

Gurrry

Raw last night was... ok. Not a great show, but it kept my attention for the most part. Again, I think the quality of Raw's have been much higher over the past couple of months. A far departure from where we were when we were dealing with the Ziggler/Lana/Rusev shitty story line.

Also, I think ive come to the realization that im not really a Dean Ambrose guy. Its not that I dont like him as a performer... although I think his promos are pretty bad for the most part.

I think the reason I dont like him as much as everyone else is his character. Im just over his gimmick and I dont really look at him as the "wild and crazy guy" that they keep pushing him as.

I also have the same feelings for the entire Wyatt family. I hate their long ass fucking intro, I hate Eric Rowan and Harper (yeah i know gaf, you will hate me for saying it). I just think they are boring. I have zero "fear" when they are out there, even though they are supposed to be this scary team of guys. Its just not working for me.

Top Bottom