• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'll pick them up to support, but I'm bummed as fuck I gotta use iTunes.

Who is that quote attributed to? Nobody?

"Those in Japan said that he is interested in being part of that show. It is known that Nakamura personally recommended him to WWE as someone who they should bring in."

Dave Meltzer, last week in the WON.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I was over at another wrasslin forum that focuses outside of WWE which is pretty great, but the question was popped if there's anyone right now in wrestling that you'd enjoy a 40+ minute match with? I'm saying forget that, give me a match or two with current talents who could actually do an entertaining hour-long match? No jokes, obviously, because yall ain't funny when you try to be.

People who I think can pull off a great iron man match:

Randy Orton
Negro Casas

I would put Lesnar on the list due to that amazing Smackdown main event but I don't think he can do that anymore. He was in much better shape then, cardio-wise.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Vampiro! I remember wanting to like him and then not watching much when he was around.

His initial WCW run was fun, when he linked up with KISS and the Misfits things started to lose their luster. I always liked Vampiro.

Boy that KISS demon man...

Zach

Yeah, this Vampiro cat's alright. At least I enjoyed his debut against Brad Armstrong.

His initial WCW run was fun, when he linked up with KISS and the Misfits things started to lose their luster. I always liked Vampiro.

Boy that KISS demon man...
Well. This sounds terrible.

Oh. And I'm recalling ICP involvement. This is getting worse and worse...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, this Vampiro cat's alright. At least I enjoyed his debut against Brad Armstrong.

Well. This sounds terrible.

Oh. And I'm recalling ICP involvement. This is getting worse and worse...

ICP is definitely not the worst part of it. They were fine.

Cena can do an iron man match.

Yes he can. The one he did with Orton where Orton tried to blow him up with the pyro was good times. But it wasn't that great. But he can go. Or was that I Quit? I think it was just Ironman.

Nekofrog

Banned
Want vampiro being built up as one of the fresh main event talents before things got derailed and wcw went full wcw?

I remember liking his look, his in ring was pretty decent, his talking could use work but was still above the level of the average guy there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Want vampiro being built up as one of the fresh main event talents before things got derailed and wcw went full wcw?

I remember liking his look, his in ring was pretty decent, his talking could use work but was still above the level of the average guy there.

Yep, he was. WCW circa 2002 would have definitely been interesting with who they were backing at the time.

Seth and Cesaro in an Ironmam match would be some cool shit.

Shit, I forgot about both of them. I believe Seth would keep the story compelling and is ready for it. Cesaro, while strong, I dunno if he can handle an hour. He probably can.

I saw him live in WCW, and he was a lot bigger than you would think, he was really solid. and despite what he thinks, he was a good wrestler.

Scottify

Put me in the Rusev camp too, at least his online persona. I would love it if they somehow let him be himself on camera, I think he could go places. He's kinda like New Day in that regard, where they have really hilarious online-only stuff.

It wasn't an Ironman match, but Cena and Michaels went for over an hour in an episode of Raw in the UK after that year's Mania. Whenever Cena faced HBK at Mania was.

I recall it being a pretty good match.
I remember some of my buddies in the uk thought hbk won the title and wanted to spoil it for me. I almost beat his ass. Then I asked him what did he want to tell me, he says, "oh nvm the match wasn't for the title >_>"

Making ne to through the whole raw thinking I missed something

Menome

I was over at another wrasslin forum that focuses outside of WWE which is pretty great, but the question was popped if there's anyone right now in wrestling that you'd enjoy a 40+ minute match with?

Seth vs K.O.

Two people I think I could trust to both sell the gruelling nature of a long match, whilst never looking like they're close to giving up until the very end.

somedevil

This one is pretty true right now:

2016-02-29-roman-over-1.jpg

Has Taker gone soft. Old Taker wouldn't put up with this selfie garbage. Sit in the car in silence until the show starts. Protect the Business.

Those pictures never show Taker's knees. One of the saddest things I've seen was Taker walking away from an autograph signing last October the day before his match. Dude must get some really good shots to do a match.

Top Bottom