• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT| WrassleGAF. In 2016.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
I really want Ambrose and Brock to work, but I have no vested interest in any of these characters. Hopefully there's a bigger in0ring story to tell than just watch Ambrose repeatedly get F5 or punch Brock's dick off.

With how built up Brock is, I am only buying him losing to some hardcore shenanigans. Maybe Ambrose runs him over with an ambulance or something. Also interference from the Wyatt family. Only way the win can be believable. If Brock wins it will just seem kind of pointless though. They've booked Brock into a corner, no one can believably beat him.

With how built up Brock is, I am only buying him losing to some hardcore shenanigans. Maybe Ambrose runs him over with an ambulance or something. Also interference from the Wyatt family. Only way the win can be believable. If Brock wins it will just seem kind of pointless though. They've booked Brock into a corner, no one can believably beat him.
Pretty much. Told you, the streak has cursed the company

Zach

Zach you better not give mania 2000 an A so help me

Everything points to it being the greatest event of all time sooo...

Wait till you get to 2000.

WrestleMania 2000? When will the praise end?!

?

Zach didn't it show what kind of man Vince was that he had Mic go out to break up the main event match?

I mean, the damage was probably already done...

Maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but I don't remember WrestleMania 14 being good enough to get an A on a curve.

I imagine at least some of my grades do not match the consensus, so you could be right, I dunno. It's still an A-on-a-curve to me, dang it!

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Freebirds going to be inducted into the HoF.

Kinda surprised Garvin is going in as a Freebird. I love the man - I think his work pre-Freebirds was FANTASTIC stuff, and nobody ever forgets the "Valet for a Day" work, that is so incredibly legitimately classic stuff that's been replicated but has always been missing the actual flavor and soul of the original. Garvin is so good.

Zach

C'mon, bro. Keep it up until you get to the promised land @ 'Mania X-SEVEN. I know you can do it.

Honestly, I plan to. Even if I drag my feet. I plan on finishing the Monday Night Wars and then I'll probably watch all of the PPVs while mostly ignoring post-Monday Night Wars RAW.

Kinda surprised Garvin is going in as a Freebird. I love the man - I think his work pre-Freebirds was FANTASTIC stuff, and nobody ever forgets the "Valet for a Day" work, that is so incredibly legitimately classic stuff that's been replicated but has always been missing the actual flavor and soul of the original. Garvin is so good.

I loved Jimmy Jam as a kid.

Well, this should be pretty awesome;

JiOprWV.jpg

thefro

I imagine as usual, they want to have as many people inducted who are still with us.

Obviously he deserves to be in given the other people who are already in.

Zach

Actually, I was referring more to your Foley comment and Royal Rumble / No Way Out 2000.
I'm guessing one of those includes him getting murdered with a chair by The Rock. I remember that. It was pretty disgusting. But I stand by Mick's flying off/through the cell as the pinnacle. It achieved what Mick set out to achieve. The Rock thing was just gratuitous trash if memory serves.

But that's just one man's opinion. One man who kind of likes Billy Gunn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I loved Jimmy Jam as a kid.

You can love him as an adult, too. It's still SO good going back. Jimmy's character when Precious was around was so fucking on point, it's ridiculous. Time has aged those segments like a fine wine. Just better.

Well, this should be pretty awesome;

It's PROGRESS so I'm on board, and yeah, that should be awesome.

Kaladin

I'm guessing one of those includes him getting murdered with a chair by The Rock. I remember that. It was pretty disgusting. But I stand by Mick's flying off/through the cell as the pinnacle. It achieved what Mick set out to achieve. The Rock thing was just gratuitous trash if memory serves.

But that's just one man's opinion. One man who kind of likes Billy Gunn.

Actually those were murder and burial at the hands of Triple H.

Zach

What is this weird blue-gray ring canvas on Nitro?! WCW is officially done. It's all over now, baby blue (-gray).

And, as I've already touched on, Schiavone's commentary is getting noticeably worse. I blame Thunder. For everything. I think the dude's just tired. He just called Kanyon (god, he is great!) "Mortis" even though it clearly says KANYON on his tights. When corrected he dismissively said "whatever." He just seems over it all. Haha...

RBH

Lucha Underground is now available on iTunes!

CcaAWPhXEAUu9_W.jpg:large

First episode of Season 2 is available for Free right now.

SD episodes are $1.99 each
HD episodes are $2.99 each
Season Pass for Season 2 is $29.99 (SD) or $39.99 (HD)

Menome

I'm guessing one of those includes him getting murdered with a chair by The Rock.

Do you perhaps mean the "I Quit" match between Mankind & Rock at Royal Rumble '99?

I watched that for the first time recently, just a night or two after Daniel Bryan's retirement. After that and seeing the photo of Foley in a scooter on holiday, that chair-sequence turned my stomach. We really never need a return to that. Ever.

Sephzilla

Lucha Underground is now available on iTunes!

CcaAWPhXEAUu9_W.jpg:large

First episode of Season 2 is available for Free right now.

SD episodes are $1.99 each
HD episodes are $2.99 each
Season Pass for Season 2 is $29.99 (SD) or $39.99 (HD)

Hopefully this is a sign some other viewing options are on the horizon as well.

Zach

Do you perhaps mean the "I Quit" match between Mankind & Rock at Royal Rumble '99?

I watched that for the first time recently, just a night or two after Daniel Bryan's retirement. After that and seeing the photo of Foley in a scooter on holiday, that chair-sequence turned my stomach. We really never need a return to that. Ever.
That's probably it. And I agree. As we all should.

Those chair shots were ridiculous and crossing the line even back then, especially the one right to the back of Mick's head. No idea what the fuck the Rock was thinking doing that shit.

- A correspondent at last night's WWE live event in Evansville, Indiana noted that a large number of fans from different sections of the arena started to leave before the main event was over. That match saw Dean Ambrose defeat WWE Intercontinental Champion Kevin Owens by disqualification.
U wot m8

Top Bottom