• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entropia

No One Remembers
http://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCirc...owns_we_pop_crowds_we_love_superkicks/cfqczgs

We didn't shake Booker T's hand but we didn't because as soon as we got to the building they had us get right to the ring for a try out so we really didn't even have time to meet anyone. But as soon as we started wrestling I over heard Booker over by the announce table burying us. "These guys look terrible, They'll never make it, they're way to small to be wrestlers". Anyway, after I heard him say all that there was a situation where I was by a guardrail and I guess I was leaning on his coat. He comes up to me and starts yelling " you're on my coat sucka! Get off my coat sucka". I apologize and say sorry but he screams a little longer in makes his way out to make his entrance.

strobogo

Banned
"We're a tag team of 2 Shawn Michaels. It's rare."

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why The Young Bucks are awesome. No Jannettys!

Yeah, I was really hoping they'd at least chuck up the first year of ECW TV or something.

That's not even true. The dark haired one is clearly the better of the two at pretty much everything. He even lifts.

Holy crap at this gif. Vince is a monster.
iBRHJJJqtBQzf.gif

Hey Stro, did you ever review a Summerslam with Undertaker and Bret Hart? At least I think it was a Summerslam. It was my first PPV ever, and they kept using "HART AND SOUL" as the tagline for the match or whatever. I'm just trying to remember if the PPV was any good or not.
I'm just shocked they didn't superkick it.
lol
sounds like beef hates indie guys and only likes big men with huge man tits and stirations

Because they RESPECT this business.

strobogo

Banned
Hey Stro, did you ever review a Summerslam with Undertaker and Bret Hart? At least I think it was a Summerslam. It was my first PPV ever, and they kept using "HART AND SOUL" as the tagline for the match or whatever. I'm just trying to remember if the PPV was any good or not.

lol

Because they RESPECT this business.

1997? Never did it. I might sometime though. But I've seen that SS so many times that I don't really have much desire to watch it again.

That's not even true. The dark haired one is clearly the better of the two at pretty much everything. He even lifts.

Matt. However, Nick's better at the flippy stuff (such as the cartwheel roll through the ropes into a moonsault off of the ring apron), so it evens out. No Jannettys!

Vee_One

legitshook.com
Pretty good show. Crowd was super into it, all of the matches were at least decent, and varied. The Bork/Taker match was solid, but no where near as good as their 2002 matches. Baby Cena is so strange to watch. He hasn't really improved at all, but he seems far more comfortable and confident in the ring now. However, he's also much less expressive now.

It's funny, in hindsight this probably is a good show but at the time I remember thinking to myself "what a load of shit"

Not sure why, I remember there being a really good run of smackdown ppv's around this time and this ended up being the weak one in my eyes

Vylash

This thread is a great representation of how thursday nights will be among wrestling fans from now on: everyone getting excited for NXT and 3 people desperately clinging to Impact

strobogo

Banned
It's funny, in hindsight this probably is a good show but at the time I remember thinking to myself "what a load of shit"

Not sure why, I remember there being a really good run of smackdown ppv's around this time and this ended up being the weak one in my eyes

Smackdown was good until around WM20 when all the shitty mid card dudes started populating the show with bad gimmicks. And Benoit went to Raw. The Raw PPVs in 2003 sucked outside of one match per show, which usually involved HBK or cocky Orton.

Sblargh

Banned
I fear network will oversaturate me with wrestling before the free week is over, lol.

And I fear that, if this doesn't happen, then the opposite will take effect and I will become addicted and gradually watching more wrestling and less everything else.

Nuklear

Banned
So I watched RAW for the first time in years and I also watched part of Elimination Chamber and here is what I liked.

Roman Reigns, future WWE Champ here. I really think they need to push him hard. Dude has the looks and talent but I don't know about the mics skills since I haven't heard him speak.

The Wyatts, wow a great gimmick! I really love this stable. Hopefully they'll don't get depushed because they are booked against Cena. It would be a major blunder to not keep pushing these guys. They may keep me watching Raw for a bit.

I don't get the Daniel Bryant gimmick. People just yell Yes, Yes, Yes and that's the entire gimmick?

Glad to see Heyman is in the WWE again. Too bad he isn't head booker.

Things I don't like:

Orton.. ugh and on top of it he's going against a face that isn't even over as face in Batista. Who the hell booked that match for Wrestlemania? /facepalm

Cena... needs no explanation.

Hasney

I don't get the Daniel Bryant gimmick. People just yell Yes, Yes, Yes and that's the entire gimmick?

He was a heel when that got over. He was yelling yes to every little thing and celebrating the smallest achievements and the Yes thing just caught on. His real gimmick is that he's one of the best guys in the ring right now.

LOL at an Elimination Chamber match having a rematch on Main Event.

strobogo

Banned
So I watched RAW for the first time in years and I also watched part of Elimination Chamber and here is what I liked.

Roman Reigns, future WWE Champ here. I really think they need to push him hard. Dude has the looks and talent but I don't know about the mics skills since I haven't heard him speak.

The Wyatts, wow a great gimmick! I really love this stable. Hopefully they'll don't get depushed because they are booked against Cena. It would be a major blunder to not keep pushing these guys. They may keep me watching Raw for a bit.

Glad to see Heyman is in the WWE again. Too bad he isn't head booker.

Things I don't like:

Orton.. ugh and on top of it he's going against a face that isn't even over as face in Batista. Who the hell booked that match for Wrestlemania? /facepalm

Cena... needs no explanation.

Roman is getting a big push. The fall he dropped at EC was the first time he's been pinned I think since last Summer. They're taking it slow instead of just shoving him in the main event and hoping it works, but they've made it extremely clear that Roman is the future.

I think there is a chance of Cena losing at WM, but anything but a win (no matter how tainted) is bad for Wyatt.

Bryan started the YES thing as a heel and it caught on because A. It gave fans something to do and B. He got over on his ring work. Then it just really exploded last year around WM. People compare Daniel Bryan to Chris Benoit a lot, but I see his rise a lot more similar to Eddie Guerrero's than Benoit's.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I beat Bravely Default, I've never loved a game so much then at about half way through hated the same game so much! I can't wait for the sequel

Still playing it myself. Just finished leveling all the classes to the very limit so its basically just a victory lap.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Bravely Default was one of the worst games I've played in years. Seriously regret buying a 3DS just to play it, could have bought myself like a year and a half of WWE Network with that money!

strobogo

Banned
Sin Cara gets special lighting. Even though it is a different person playing him now. If the lights are on, it means he's going to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom