• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're all fooling yourselves if you think they're going to mention Punk on March 3rd. Either he shows up, or he's not on the show at all. Don't hype yourselves for something that won't happen.

Cm punks music plays..... Crowd goes nuts.... Bootista walks out with a shit eating grin that would make hhh proud.... Proceeds to bag out crowd and punk..... Riot starts

Ithil

Just how it should be. It's funny Vince says that about the next big star when that future star is staring at him and the crowds are chanting his name.

Well the big problem with only ever "looking for the next big star" is you start to have things you "look for" in a next big star, then eventually it just becomes about the next star having those things instead of the other way around.

It's just about "who gets over", not "what person has this bullet list of things I like, that I can push as the next big star and he will probably get over, or something". That's nonsensical.

Also, the WM30 poster:

BhgB8ftIEAAssE9.jpg:large

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
yeah, but real talk, Punk won't be referenced, no jokes, they will be muted, and life will go on.

Unless its a work!

Marvel

could never
There's suuuch a better way to do that though. Like shattered dreams goldust or something. Maybe if his ring work was interesting, but any time he is on screen I am bored beyond belief.

There's always room for improvements, however he has nice tights and roses thrown at him. I'm swooning like Regal.

Pavaloo

kirblar

From what I can tell, he views talent a little differently than Vince. Vince tends to look at the big picture, that is, he's always looking for the next big star. According to HHH, it's why Vince doesn't like managers or tag teams, he feels it's wasting a spot they could be having a big singles star in instead.
HHH on the other hand seems to look at different parts of the show as needing different stars. He's talked a lot about finding the right people to make up each part of a show, and they've said people like Richochet were turned down because they did similar stuff to Adrian Neville, and they already have Adrian Neville.

It shows on NXT (except for the tag divison which is weirdly empty), there's a lot of different characters making up parts of the show, it's not all just "the main event, also some filler". There's always new characters and angles happening up and down the card.
I just realized what may be going on- look at when HHH got huge - it was the Chris Kreski booking era (from around Smackdown's start to HHH v Kurt Angle with the terrible finish where Steph took over.) He knows that the top-to-bottom card works.

kiguel182

Just saw this garbage on Twitter: Discuss.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1S3KzOzWfDg
WHY (PS ref you could've stopped all this nonsense)

That guy is an asshole, nobody should hire him after this.

Also, the ref is also to blame since he could've easily stopped it. The crowd was clearly asking him to intervene and yet he stood there without doing anything. I mean, clearly that wasn't a work and everybody realised that, ref was incompetent.

Ithil

I just realized what may be going on- look at when HHH got huge - it was the Chris Kreski booking era (from around Smackdown's start to HHH v Kurt Angle with the terrible finish where Steph took over.) He knows that the top-to-bottom card works.

And of course, he probably wants it to be like the wrestling he liked when he was just a fan. Dusty being NXT's creative head speaks to that, all that NWA style goodness.

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
And of course, he probably wants it to be like the wrestling he liked when he was just a fan. Dusty being NXT's creative head speaks to that, all that NWA style goodness.

I think this is the big reason. Triple H is a big fan of the NWA, always has been. The old territory system not only helped talent learn their craft, but it was a more Hyper-competitive system. You couldn't just worry about having one "Big Star", you needed everything you could get in order to keep your territory relevant. Which meant you had to keep your card as strong as possible. Even the WWF back in the 80s was like that.

Recently though, not really. As long as he has 4-5 main eventers, Vince is fine with what he's got. And I blame the Attitude Era for that. If you look just at 1998, you'll find that 6 months of PPVs were dedicated to Austin vs Undertaker vs Kane in any combination of the 3. And because the Attitude Era is SO many people's go to for "back when wrestling was good", it makes sense that Vince would think this way.

gurudyne

Cm punks music plays..... Crowd goes nuts.... Bootista walks out with a shit eating grin that would make hhh proud.... Proceeds to bag out crowd and punk..... Riot starts

He's the only one positioned where he could take that heat and do something with it. It'd finally get a reaction from the crowd the writers could both acknowledge and use on the show. And it's something Bootista desperately needs this close to Mania.

Saw someone say Del Rio (or some other heatless wrestler) should try it to get a little over with the crowd--Del Rio would get boos for one night, then immediately fall back into calling everyone perros, locking on the arm breaker and just basically being his lost-in-the-Arctic-wastes self. Same for Axel, only with less definable character traits.

I had similar bad luck on my PC yesterday but it seemed better today, or so I thought. FWIW it works just fine on my phone and my Kindle.

Yeah I just tried it out on my phone and ps4 and it's working, so that's fine I suppose. Hopefully they get the kinks worked out soon, cause I'd rather be using this on my PC.

Aiii

So not worth it
I just love putting on the network and getting surprised by the love programming. Random old school Raw? Sure WWE Network, why not?

So much fun.

If only this existed when I was a teenager...

Hasney

I just love putting on the network and getting surprised by the love programming. Random old school Raw? Sure WWE Network, why not?

So much fun.

If only this existed when I was a teenager...

Yup, it's great for our timezone too. Daytime in the US, they seem to play a ton of Main Event, Superstars and 2013 PPVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom