• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Welcome To The New Era (Beta Version 1.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

somedevil

Network streaming finally working for me. Put on Summerslam 99 randomly since the poster had Austin, Taker, and NYC (meaning an MSG pay per view).

First match is Val Venis and DLo Brown. 15 minute match for the Euro belt, better than the majority of pay per view matches today.

I miss these days.

Huh? 99 is seen as atrocious when it came to work rate and match quality If those matches in 99 happened today they would be shit on by the fans.

Cesaro was better than most of the undercard in 99.

Also, in a bad sign for TNA. It didn't chart in the top 100 for Thursday cable rating for the 18-49 age group.

Hasney

Huh? 99 is seen as atrocious when it came to work rate and match quality If those matches in 99 happened today they would be shit on by the fans.

Also, in a bad sign for TNA. It didn't chart in the top 100 for Thursday cable rating for the 18-49 age group.

I know that Val/D'Lo match he's talking about and it's fantastic.

Does it normally rate in the top 100? Wondering if NXT did take viewers away.

ghostmind

"Last Chance Saloon" - Bullet Club Theme Song

yanoaynaop0r8k.gif

Niiiice. I've been waiting for this one to become available.

I started watching RR '99 and the first match was Road Dogg vs. Big Boss Man. it was shit. i paused Billy Gunn/Shamrock halfway to do something else. Sable and Gangrel are also on the card.

maybe it's better by SS though.

somedevil

I know that Val/D'Lo match he's talking about and it's fantastic.

Does it normally rate in the top 100? Wondering if NXT did take viewers away.

Yeah, it was a good match but the undercard for the WWE in 99 was bad. In 2000 the work rate started to get much better.

It does chart most of the time but it didn't last week and only did 1.0 million viewers.

Nugget from the Powerbombcast

"My other hope is that maybe by changing characters we can finally get those Shield guys to come out not looking like they just came out of a fucking birthing canal. They are the wettest, grossest looking dudes in pro wrestling."

lol

Cagey

Banned
I made a typo, it's Summerslam 98. Entertainment is the reason we watch, and thus far I'm entertained. This comedy match between Kaientai and The Oddities won't win any awards (or as Jim Ross said, "we never said it would be a classic"), but the comedy spots are damn amusing.

Meltzer said:
TNA Impact failed to make the top 100 shows on cable in the 18-49 demo last night, and that went down to shows that delivered 0.2s.

The were four shows on Spike last night that were in the top 100, all episodes of COPS, including the lead-in show for Impact which was the highest rated in the demo of the night.

Unlike last week, which featured killer competition, the only competition last night would have been the usual NBA on TNT and the NXT Arrival show.

laffo

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Network streaming finally working for me. Put on Summerslam 98 randomly since the poster had Austin, Taker, and NYC (meaning an MSG pay per view).

First match is Val Venis and DLo Brown. 15 minute match for the Euro belt, better than the majority of pay per view matches today.

I miss these days.

EDIT: KAI EN TAI TIME OMG.

That match is an exceptional opener. I hate Val Venis but I can't deny the Venis/D'Lo match was really fucking good. Shit finish though.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Change them...how?

Your testosterone in your system spikes, so the balls say "hey, we're not needed" and go dormant. You get super unsatisfying orgasms when you're on roidz.

Cagey

Banned
Lower Balcony GA is great, just be sure to get in there early to get as close as possible.

One perk: bathroom not as crowded on that level

One downside: bar moves kinda slow once the house fills.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Reigns won't even sniff the world title until next year. I'm confident. Not even a sniff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't trust Reigns with a main event match. At a bare minimum he needs another year of singles work.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Someone recommend me anything on the network, I was planning on watching NXT. I like matches with top rope moves.

Top Rope Moves?

Watch the first 2 matches of any WCW PPVs from 97-99. Luchador paradise.

Cagey

Banned
Someone recommend me anything on the network, I was planning on watching NXT. I like matches with top rope moves.

There's a fatal fourway on one of the WCW PPVs with Juventud Guerrero, Billy Kidman, Rey Mysterio, and I want to say Pskosis that I remember being awesome from watching as a kid.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rick Rude vs Ricky Steamboat has the best top rope move

Because Rude's knee was so devestating off that top rope, it was BANNED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom