• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Are you a wrestler? Have I told you that my old high school friend wrestles for Compound Pro Wrestling here in town? The last time or two I went it was a pretty sad state of affairs, but it's still fun. His wrassle name is Richie Adams.

Anyway, I'd like to hear your wrasslin' stories, old-timer.

Was going to, never did. I haven't seen a Compound show in a while. My roommate, wrassles there every couple weeks.

But his wife is on the same road, with the same company, at the same times as him.

Your argument is mute bean.
Look at John Cena, he sacrificed everything for this business. WWE is all he has left. That's what it takes to be the man in this day and age. Now if you're asking me if I think Daniel Bryan has what it takes, if he's prepared to throw everything else in his life away, if that's what it's going to take to be the face of the WWE? Then I would honestly say no.

Kaladin

Serious question.....why is Roman Reigns still using The Shield's gear and music?

Can't they come up with something new for the next face of the WWE?

RP912

Banned
Arguments in favour of Roman Reigns.

1. He's tall.
2. He's under 30.
3. He's The Rock's cousin.

Pretty definitive right there.

4 . he can raise his cheek like the Rock raises his eyebrow

5421.gif

Verendus

Banned
Lesnar vs. Cesaro, where Lesnar kills him, but Cesaro doesn't give up, puts up a bit of a fight, he's bloodied, and then passes out in the Kimura Lock to end it. It could even work with Ziggler, but I'd rather use someone who has a brighter future.

I want to see a match like that. Cesaro could bust out his helicopter move.

Serious question.....why is Roman Reigns still using The Shield's gear and music?

Can't they come up with something new for the next face of the WWE?

Because it's over and they are trying everything in the world to make this the next guy to carry the company, even though he did nothing to earn it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Look at John Cena, he sacrificed everything for this business. WWE is all he has left. That's what it takes to be the man in this day and age. Now if you're asking me if I think Daniel Bryan has what it takes, if he's prepared to throw everything else in his life away, if that's what it's going to take to be the face of the WWE? Then I would honestly say no.

Yep, the guy that won the belt at Mania, got married right after in the three days he had off, lost his father, kept going like a champ regardless of emotional and physical pain, got injured and wasn't healing, refused to surrender even when doctors gave up hope at finding a cause to him not recovering from injury... That guy doesn't want to put everything he's got into his career in WWE?

Are you sure this is going to be your argument, bean?

MisterR

I just started watching WWE again a couple months ago, hadn't watched since the attitude era. I honestly don't get the Bryan love and him wrestling Lesner would look a hell of a lot like when I wrestle with my 7 year old.

Kaladin

Because it's over and they are trying everything in the world to make this the next guy to carry the company, even though he did nothing to earn it.

That's kind of part of my problem with Reigns. Rollins and Ambrose have moved on from The Shield, why can't he?

Aiii

So not worth it
I just started watching WWE again a couple months ago, hadn't watched since the attitude era. I honestly don't get the Bryan love and him wrestling Lesner would look a hell of a lot like when I wrestle with my 7 year old.

Go on the Network right now and watch Cena vs Bryan from SummerSlam 2013.

Then watch last year's Mania.

You'll get it then.

That's kind of part of my problem with Reigns. Rollins and Ambrose have moved on from The Shield, why can't he?

They are scared he will get less of a reaction without the music/gear. His look is all he has going for him. They've done everything they can to protect the guy. He has lost 1 singles match in over 2 years(to Big Show a couple of weeks ago due to interference), they let him cuss on tv, and he always comes out looking strong on tv.

Yep, the guy that won the belt at Mania, got married right after in the three days he had off, lost his father, kept going like a champ regardless of emotional and physical pain, got injured and wasn't healing, refused to surrender even when doctors gave up hope at finding a cause to him not recovering from injury... That guy doesn't want to put everything he's got into his career in WWE?

Are you sure this is going to be your argument, bean?
That's bullsh*t about the doctors. Bryan is some crazy hippy that wanted to use Chinese eastern medicine, acupuncture, meditation and incense to try to heal his injuries instead of following the orders of medical professionals to have surgery immediately. He only relented months later when it was finally clear to him that he's a f*cking idiot.

Reigns is a very insecure person as evident by his refusal to move on from The Shield and letting the Yes Chants get to him on Monday Night RAW. Can you buy this man going against Brock Lesnar? I can't.

Aiii

So not worth it
That's bullsh*t about the doctors. Bryan is some crazy hippy that wanted to use Chinese eastern medicine, acupuncture, meditation and incense to try to heal his injuries instead of following the orders of medical professionals to have surgery immediately. He only relented months later when it was finally clear to him that he's a f*cking idiot.

Not everyone can be a "self medicating" weight lifter like your hero Joan Sina, bean. You have to be more accepting of alternative lifestyles, friend.

RP912

Banned
So Reigns gimmick is the last surviving member of the Shield? Superman with a bulletproof vest? Rock's protege?

wtf...if I was a new fan I wouldn't know what the hell to think of him besides the fact that he's getting pushed HARD!

Not everyone can be a "self medicating" weight lifter like your hero Joan Sina, bean. You have to be more accepting of alternative lifestyles, friend.
John Cena defended his championship despite being injured instead of being stripped of the title like an insecure b*tch, just so you can say you never lost it later.

Zach

Was going to, never did. I haven't seen a Compound show in a while. My roommate, wrassles there every couple weeks.

What happened and who is your roommate? I challenge you both to do a run-in with me at the next show. We'll be wearing Los Villanos masks, don't worry.

Verendus

Banned
Roman needs to get the kids on his side. The kids are going to sustain him for the next five to ten years. Their souls are fresh.

That was a medical emergency, Bryan knew months in advance that he needed surgery, then when they asked if he wanted to help screw over CM Punk by getting everything Punk ever wanted, despite knowing he'd be out of action, he said sure. Punk had to leave WWE to get medical attention, Bryan got (soon to be) two mania main events, a WWE title run and all the time off he wanted. But yeah, Bryan is totally being held back.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
they like whoever the company tells them to like. roman is the #1 guy right now, so of course they like him.

he is cena 2.0.

I know this is shocking, but they might just like John Cena because they like John Cena. I liked Hulk Hogan while liking the heels.

Cybit

FGC Waterboy
Daniel Bryan's fans are letting him down when he needs them most: when he's in the spotlight.

Just lends more credence to the theory that his fans only care when he's held back.

so wtf happened last week?

I'm going to guess the premiere of "Better Call Saul"; which set cable premiere records (all-time).

Troll moment that will never happen: Bryan beats Reigns at Fast Lane, cuts promo about how he is now rightfully getting his title shot that he earned, and how he was obligated that rematch.

Orton interrupts, points out how Bryan never gave him his contractually obligated rematch from WM 30.

Rock interrupts, points out how Cena never gave him his contractually obligated rematch from WM 29.

Hilariously, if Lesnar loses the belt at WM 31 and doesn't re-sign with WWE, that would make it the 3rd WM in a row where the champion loses the belt and never got a rematch.

yes, the kids like who they're told to like

that's why DB bully fans are so essential: to shake them out of their corporate brainwashed minds

#RejectReigns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom