• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottify

ibs1oU48ox6grG.gif

I walked right into that one, guess I'll just have to shake it off.

jmdajr

Mr. McMahon will see you now: 7 Superstars on their first meeting with The Chairman

20140114_Article_MeetingMcMahon_cena2.jpg

“I didn’t have time to be nervous. It was in Chicago, Ill., on the day I had my debut match against Kurt Angle. I wasn’t supposed to have a match that night, but in the final moments, it was decided that I would debut on television against an Olympic Gold Medalist. Higher-ups said, ‘If we’re going to put the kid on TV, he’s gotta meet Vince!'

“They literally dragged me by the arm to Vince’s office, threw me in and asked him, ‘What do you think?’ I had ridiculously ugly, long, super-dyed blond hair that was shaved bald on the sides. He turned around and with a disgusted look on his face, he said, ‘Cut his hair,’ and I was whisked away from Vince like an assembly line.

“That was the first time I met Vince McMahon and he was disgusted to look at me. They shipped me out and I immediately got a haircut, which was not dyed blond, but equally as horrible."

Sina on meeting Vince

20140114_Article_MeetingMcMahon_bryan2.jpg

“Vince called me in 2008 when I was at a Ring of Honor show. It was a blocked number, but I answered it and he said, ‘Hi, this is Vince McMahon.’ I thought, ‘What? Come on. This is a joke.’ But I didn’t say that. Instead I said, ‘Oh, hello, sir.’ He said, ‘I talked to Shawn Michaels. He speaks very highly of you and I’d like to bring you in to have a meeting with you.’ I specifically remember being in Hartford at this Ring of Honor show, so I told him I could come to Stamford. But he said to come to Oakland where they were filming Raw.

“I’d heard from William Regal and other people that Vince is impressed by the way people dress, so I flew home, spent big money on a suit and went to the building the next day. I waited and waited and waited and waited and was finally told that I might not have a chance to meet with Vince. But I wrestled Lance Cade in an untelevised match and got a tremendous reaction from the Ring of Honor fans in Oakland. The match went really well, then I had the meeting with Vince.

“I didn’t even know how to sit in a suit. He asked me things like, ‘What would you like to see happen?’ I told him that I’d like to come in and be a top guy, but I had concerns about not being very big. I have a very self-deprecating sense of humor and think of myself as a humble person, so it’s hard for me to say that I’m good at something. Vince said, ‘Shawn tells me you’re very good.’ And I just said, ‘Well, I’m okay.’ And I could tell instantly he disliked that.

“It was very awkward and very uncomfortable. Vince takes these very long pauses after he asks you a question and you answer him. He’ll just look at you. Some will start talking, which I think he likes because it shows they’re uncomfortable. I was uncomfortable, but I just looked at him. I was waiting for him to talk and he was waiting for me to talk. It was surreal. I was very nervous and even in in my $500 suit — which I thought was the most expensive suit in the world — I knew I was inadequately dressed. This guy has the power to control your destiny.”

And Goat Man

“I didn’t have time to be nervous. It was in Indianapolis, Ill., on the day I had my debut match against Ryback. I wasn’t supposed to have a match that night, but in the final moments, it was decided that I would debut on television against an Olympic Gold Inbred. Higher-ups said, ‘If we’re going to put the kid on TV, he’s gotta meet Vince!'

“They literally dragged me by the arm to Vince’s office, threw me in and asked him, ‘What do you think?’ I had ridiculously ugly, long, super-dyed greasy hair that was really long on the sides. He turned around and with a disgusted look on his face, he said, ‘Grow his hair,’ and I was whisked away from Vince like an assembly line.

“That was the first time I met Vince McMahon and he was disgusted to look at me. They shipped me out and I immediately got a haircut, which was not dyed black, but equally as horrible."

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Wait, is Demolition not in the WWF Hall of Fame? And the Bushwackers are?

A meeting with Vince nowadays sounds fucking terrifying. Guys like Foley an Rock at least said their meeting with him was entertaining.

Also, funny to hear that Vince's hiring process still involves a recommendation instead of research.

Hasney

I fancy doing some of all of the drugs and cutting a promo that will whip this thread back into shape.

Someone give me Reigns number.

Yep. On top of that, lots of guys at my gym use steroids and I think "really? but I'm bigger than this little wimp" - steroids are in use a lot more than yall think and it's not only the most heavenly of bodies using them.

That's the best part. People on gear and they still look like shit.

Hasney

"Yummy" does mean you'll be on the right side of history with regards to women sf2fanatic. Keep fighting that good fight for women.

I love Vince like a
grand
father. Great promoter and had a great taste of entertainment for a couple of years. But as far as wrestling goes, he's the absolute worst. Hearing Vince's initials thoughts on wrestlers is ALWAYS a head scratcher.

ROH/NJPW show in Philly instead of NYC and on a Wednesday night. Fuck you ROH.

ROH/NJPW shows announced. TWO Toronto dates. HNNNNG. And I might not be able to go to either one. :(

Doesn't look like there's a Ringside Members discount for the Toronto tickets. That's some bullshit right there.

In Philly? And on a Wednesday? Fuck you ROH. Guess I'm not going to that show. Maybe the Toronto ones instead. Hmmmmmm.....

jmdajr

I love Vince like a
grand
father. Great promoter and had a great taste of entertainment for a couple of years. But as far as wrestling goes, he's the absolute worst. Hearing Vince's initials thoughts on wrestlers is ALWAYS a head scratcher.

Hard for me to wonder how he was even able to grasp the concept of the WWE Network. Or Twitter..or anything recent tech wise.

I don't know. Maybe when it comes to that he gets it.

Alucard

Banned
Titus, you're not leaving. Accept it. Accept it right now. You THINK you can leave, but you can't. This carny game has its hooks in all of us, and the more you try to leave, the more it'll hook you back in. Just look at stro..."Wrestling is garbage." And this guy is now continuing to write MATCH REVIEWS.

Accept it. Accept it right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom