• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really enjoying wrestling at the moment. There's something really refreshing about mixing up watching Modern WWE 'Live', '02 Wrestling in the Evenings & 80's Wrestling at night.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Steph getting livid because someone stuck it to her on Twitter just further cements the fact that she is a younger Vince with boobs.

Women are not just "men with boobs" - there is much more to what women are than their tits.

dream, is this a shoot?

B-yqemKXIAE4yx1.jpg

Shamrock still fights?

Unpopular opinion time: Finn Balor doesn't have "it." He's decent on the microphone, is an excellent technician in the ring, and has a fantastic look, but for me the sum of the parts is less than the parts themselves. None of his matches in NXT have connected with me. The ring psychology just isn't there. And don't get me started on his dorky little dress up sessions and entrance theatrics. Shit is straight embarrassing to watch.

I agree.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dirt sheets gonna....be reasonable?

This is from Mike Johnson on PWINSIDER from their Q&A on a question asking about the future of Daniel Bryan.

This is why I've been going to PWINSIDER for years. Despite their crappy ad campaign, they're still one of the more down to earth dirt sheetz.

I mean this makes sense but was Bret really going to be the guy until stuff outside of the company made that appealing? Bret was great to be the face for a while because he didn't look like a genetic freak on steroids, people forget they were getting destroyed in the late 80s/early 90s for roids to the point where Vince had to both give up control of to the company to Linda and went on trial in federal court for his involvement.

Honestly think it was a time and place thing for Bret that led him break the mold, he spent like the first 8 years of his WWE career nowhere being close to that level. Would take the same kind of miracle for Bryan to stay up there.

Hasney

He won't get booed, at least not enough to really change anything.

I think he will be. Not to change anything, but a huge amount of boos unless something changes between now and then. Most of the Raw tickets are sold as part of package deals, especially to international customers, so it's really filled with the crazy hardcores at that point.

I've been on a 90s WCW kick lately. Trying to watch the nWo invasion in order. Lots and lots of flashbacks for me.

I'm getting that with the 80s WWF shows I'm watching. I used to watch these on VHS back in the day at a friend's house, it was great. Then I'd watch the early 90s stuff at my Grandparent's house. I have such strange memories of my Step-Dad's Grandparents - WWF and Religion. Sunday School & Superstars.

Mengetsu

WWE® Elects Stephanie McMahon, Paul Levesque and Robyn Peterson to Board of Directors? Hmmm I wonder if this is going to changes things more?

In true TNA fashion, we will have boxes hanging above the four corners of the ring. Two boxes will have certificates that can be traded in for mod status at Reddit's wrestling sub-fora or on WrassleGAF. One box will have a ticket that will get the winner banned from Reddit and WrassleGAF. The last box has legal custody of Dominic.

In true TNA fashion, we will have boxes hanging above the four corners of the ring. Two boxes will have certificates that can be traded in for mod status at Reddit's wrestling sub-fora or on WrassleGAF. One box will have a ticket that will get the winner banned from Reddit and WrassleGAF. The last box has legal custody of Dominic.

That last one is the worst possible outcome, who wants some loser kid

Yep as well offers from Triple A, Lucha Underground and New Japan.

Man is going to find work. I wonder what WWE offered him but its interesting that they gave him an offer and not AJ.

Is southern accent still a really big turn off for the WWE? I'd have to think its that or since he was the poster boy of the company they feel they need a longer amount of time for him to lose the stench.

Joe also always had very vocal supporters in positions of power and hall of famers like Austin and Foley. The Daniel Bryan story of meeting Vince shows he takes recommendations from bigger stars pretty seriously.

imBask

Banned
Noticing that Spotify icon. I think there should be a Wrassle GAF Spotify playlist. That would be fun.

some guy made a huge wrestling theme and wrestling related song playlist, search for "WWE/ WWF Wrestling Theme Songs & Promo Songs" by Jason djFlem Fleming

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Got around to listening to this weeks Radiolab episode on the Montreal Screwjob with David Shoemaker/Peter Rosenberg. Really fun listen and its refreshing seeing people who know absolutely nothing about wrestling trying to understand it. Cracked up when they started trying to get into the ridiculous jargon.

Scottify

some guy made a huge wrestling theme and wrestling related song playlist, search for "WWE/ WWF Wrestling Theme Songs & Promo Songs" by Jason djFlem Fleming

I wasn't thinking specifically wrestling themes, but songs that Wrassle GAF likes, which can include themes but also other songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom