• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been subscribed since day one with the exception of a few days where, after the bank issued me a new credit card and I forgot to update my info.
WWE still sent me a thank you email, but all I got was a WWE emoji. lol

Patryn

Good point. Gotta keep Cena strong for Cena/Reigns @ Wrestlemania FFwd.

Unless ratings are down and they blow their wad at Summerslam.

So I'm not the only one who already sees that as the obvious main event for next year?

By god is the WWE boring right now. And I don't see it getting interesting anytime soon.

I honestly think Vince is going to give it a full year to force Reigns down people's throats. I expect everyone to be sacrificed to him. Vince will continue to give him big win after big win, with everyone talking him up in a desperate attempt to get him to connect with the audience.

And the Raw after Mania this year is going to suck, because it's going to be the Reigns coronation (3) hour(s)

I could swear I joined the network day one, but I haven't gotten this code. I'm kinda annoyed.

I'm just getting the "Pretty please, please, please come back?" e-mails

jred2k

Pretty sad how many of these WWE shirts and hoodies I look at and say "If it just had the front design and not that shit on the back, I'd buy it".

The new Seth Rollins shirt as a pullover hoodie would be bought in a second. It's amazing how much the overall design improves when you take away the shit on the back. Its the only thing keeping me from getting a Kevin Owens shirt.

The shipping to Canada is kind of ridiculous too.

Kaladin

Dirt sheets gonna....be reasonable?

It doesn't make him a top guy, because while he's loved, he's not a top guy. He's not in the TOP FIVE MATCHES AT WRESTLEMANIA. That right there tells you everything you need to know. He wasn't going to be in the top matches LAST YEAR, either. People like to forget that.

The Daniel Bryan loss at Fast Lane and his subsequent promo was WWE's message to Bryan's fans that they weren't going to change what WWE locked in this year, the crowning of Roman Reigns as one of the top names in the company.

I love Bryan, I really do, but I've been writing since he lost at Hell in A Cell to Randy Orton in 2013 that the company didn't see him as a top guy. I wholeheartedly believe that had CM Punk not left after the 2014 Royal Rumble, we would not have seen the Wrestlemania 30 scenario. I also believe that had Bryan not gotten injured, he, not John Cena would have been the guy Brock Lesnar crushed to get the WWE World Heavyweight championship at Summerslam.

The sad lesson here is that no matter how much fans support someone, unless the company wants him to be a top guy, in the end, he won't be THE guy. Only Vince McMahon is going to determine that and as Chris Jericho wrote in his most recent book, McMahon scoffed at the idea of Bryan being a "star" because he didn't "eat meat."

Certainly, McMahon has warmed to Bryan since then, but to the point he's going to be the face of the company over Cena, Randy Orton or Roman Reigns? Never going to happen, sadly.

As far as his future, Bryan can move merchandise, have great matches and help makes others. He'll always have that spot of respected veteran, sort of like Jake Roberts had in the 1980s, but like Roberts, he'll likely be feuding with guys that are intended to be moving up the card down the line.

It's not a bad spot to be in and it's important, but unless something drastic happens and WWE has to turn to "old faithful", chances are Bryan as THE top guy, in his current incarnation, has seen it's run. Perhaps a heel turn will change that, but how can WWE ever hope to get fans to boo someone they love and respect that much?

So, Bryan will be in that Mick Foley role of beloved lifer who the company can always count on in a pinch (and maybe he'll even get another short-term reign again, Foley had three) but never the guy they look to carry the entire company on their back the way Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Bret Hart, Ultimate Warrior, John Cena, etc. were expected to do...and all the "Yes" chants in the world likely won't change that. They didn't in 2015.

This is from Mike Johnson on PWINSIDER from their Q&A on a question asking about the future of Daniel Bryan.

This is why I've been going to PWINSIDER for years. Despite their crappy ad campaign, they're still one of the more down to earth dirt sheetz.

That's awesome! I remember reading about Merseybeatdown II last year, and it being a lot of fun. Enjoy. Live wrestling is a far different experience than just watching it on television. Get as close to the action as you can for the best experience.

This was last year's main event:

Have fun. :) (I know nothing about this promotion and have never watched them, but I remember reading about this last year)

I've not heard of any of the folks in it (though I have hear of El Ligero) but the card is:

4qGHVyj.jpg

and

OWMSo1U.jpg

Not sure if there'll be a third match.

Hasney

I think the only difference between Bryan and the previous guys in that spot is the fact they don't really have a Hogan, Austin, Rock or even HHH on top right now. They've got Cena, Reigns and Orton and it depends what town they're in as to the level of support they'll get, much more so than at any other time in WWF.

The thing I see as the biggest change though is WWE empowering their audience. They're a universe, they should let their voice be heard and all this shit... Then they just put their fingers in their ears anyway. I think that will eventually cause more of a backlash than Bryan or any actual talent down the line.

This is from Hasney at WRASSLENEWZ

Kaladin

I think the only difference between Bryan and the previous guys in that spot is the fact they don't really have a Hogan, Austin, Rock or even HHH on top right now. They've got Cena, Reigns and Orton and it depends what town they're in as to the level of support they'll get, much more so than at any other time in WWF.

The thing I see as the biggest change though is WWE empowering their audience. They're a universe, they should let their voice be heard and all this shit... Then they just put their fingers in their ears anyway. I think that will eventually cause more of a backlash than Bryan or any actual talent down the line.

This is from Hasney at WRASSLENEWZ

I just worry that giving fans the illusion that YES, you can change the product and then taking that away will drive fans away......sure they can do it once with Roman Reigns, but wait till they do it next year, and the year after that. Fans will keep trying to drive the product to faces they want to see, and if they keep refusing the fans that, it could end badly.

I've been subscribed since day one with the exception of a few days where, after the bank issued me a new credit card and I forgot to update my info.
WWE still sent me a thank you email, but all I got was a WWE emoji. lol

I could swear I joined the network day one, but I haven't gotten this code. I'm kinda annoyed.

Give it time. They seem to be sending them in waves. They sent some out on Tuesday, and more today. I got the emoji stuff on Tuesday, and the coupon today. So you may still get something.

I've not heard of any of the folks in it (though I have hear of El Ligero) but the card is:

4qGHVyj.jpg

and

OWMSo1U.jpg

Not sure if there'll be a third match.

There's also CJ Banks vs Ringo Ryan in the opening match and a ladies match with Chardonnay vs Toni Storm. Haven't seen any Infinite myself, but I've heard good things - one of the guys who runs the promotion (Zack Gibson) is a great wrestler himself, seen him live a few times now. T-Bone's pretty good and I've heard a lot of praise for CJ Banks, yet to see him wrestle though. Enjoy, it should be a lot of fun.

Ok, smarks. It's your lucky day. Going to give away my top-5 billion-dollar angles for free:

5- Drew Carey and Kane are twins. Kane retires, Drew inherits the haunted mask.

4- John Stewart/Orton v/s Colbert/Rollins at Mania

3- NXT crossover event with main roster. Leads to NXT becoming a main product, instead off main roster minor league. Continued focus on dedicated fans.

2-Rebrand Reigns (The Mild Samoan) as Prince Roman, let him catch heat for being the privileged heir apparent to all wrestling that smarks already think he is.

1-AJ Punk <-- Actual billion dollar idea.

Aiii

So not worth it
This invasion of Pop-GAF into WrassleGAF feels like Outworld merging with Earth.

Will someone please protect Johnny Cage? These things never end well for him.

Shiv47

Give it time. They seem to be sending them in waves. They sent some out on Tuesday, and more today. I got the emoji stuff on Tuesday, and the coupon today. So you may still get something.

I'll keep an eye out. I did get the emoji one. I did see in the comments on the emoji page this amazing threat:

Starting making RAW and Smackdown watchable or I'll permanently focus on NXT where there's actual wrestling

...you're still giving them your money, dude.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Dylan Roberts looks like a future Davey Richards Big Kill Core Sigma stablemate
T-Bone has flower tattoos and is named T-Bone
Danny Hope looks like I imagine him to do a really terrible Gorgeous George type character without knowing who Gorgeous George is
and Sam Bailey looks like a games journalist.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So she worked the company with her shoot and they got marked like a bunch of jabronis so now they have to shoot a work to make people think they care about her shoot. So I guess my question is will it work?

Wanted to address this.

Will it work?

It will shoot. There's your answer.

Striker

let's be honest; Austin not tapping at WM 13 ruined submissions forever
It put him more over as a babyface and the beat-down following it (and with Raw) made the double turn complete. It was a fantastic story.

Rusev passing out won't make him more over as a heel, but create more sympathy for his character. With that said, Cole and the rest of commentary would still side with Cena in some facet.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Worth lookin at:
tumblr_nkd714mTNR1qcztrfo1_400.gif

Don't buck up to Takayama, Kenter.
tumblr_nkd714mTNR1qcztrfo3_400.gif

tumblr_nkd714mTNR1qcztrfo4_400.gif

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, Far Cry 4 getting Yeti DLC. I'm psyched. FC4 was dope, and cultists and yetis now? Let's do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom