• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMax

I would've used Battle Royale, what with it being a far superior movie that most definitely isn't for kids, but there isn't a BR simulator that allows for custom characters, so Hunger Games it is. Yes, I'm bored.

BYDdVMv.jpg

iroy25856UmRE.gif

tVlsLsJ.jpg

giphy.gif

Scottify

haha damn, I kinda want that guitar even if it'd be uncomfortable as hell to play. I don't even recognise the wrestler.

It's Man Mountain Rock, I think he's been some other character too but I cannot remember.

I still dream of owning a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24. Someday.

Man Mountain Rock

It's Man Mountain Rock, I think he's been some other character too but I cannot remember.

I still dream of owning a Paul Reed Smith Custom 24. Someday.

Man, I can't remember him at all, so I wikied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxx_Payne#Max_Payne_lawsuit

In July 2003 Peterson filed a $10 million USD lawsuit in the United States district court for Utah against Rockstar Games, 3D Realms, Gathering of Developers, and Remedy Entertainment. Peterson accused them of stealing his ring name Maxx Payne and his neo-noir theme for the protagonist of the video game Max Payne.[3][13][14] The case was settled out of court.

While working for the WWF, Peterson filmed several hours of behind-the-scenes footage with a video camera which he often carried. Peterson often claimed that he would release a documentary called "The Thing that Should Not Be" or "The Real Maxx Payne" based on the footage, but never did. The footage reportedly contained scenes showing substance abuse and solicitation.[10]

---

What finish would you get on the PRS?

Don't forget that we could've ended up with Man Mountain Rock avatars for a month
Serp, Watch him pay a visit to that other small company in Cali. I'm not talking about LU either

E: Bootaaay, no way a cena avatar kills me. Lol,
Aw hell yea, Rey putting over Shaun Ricker

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
it's like people forget that the IC title = holder loses every single non-title match clean, which is like 90% of said wrestler's matches.

if bryan wins the IC title at mania he's losing to wyatt clean the next night in a non title match

This already happened multiple times without him even having the IC belt. I think at one point Bray was actually the only one with a clean win over him within a span of a year.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Help! I'm agreeing with Vince Russo.

My sentiments that you are about to read have nothing to do with the comments that AJ Lee shot towards Stephanie McMahon on Twitter yesterday, even though I loudly applaud and support Lee. You can read either of my two books, go on my website, or quote anything I’ve said over the past 23 years in the wrestling business, WOMEN IN WRESTLING HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SECOND-CLASS CITIZENS.
I lived that my entire career. The wresting business is sexist, and infested with executives in high places who believe there is no place in professional wrestling/sports entertainment for women. I experienced it in every company I ever worked with. Females should not take TV time from the boys, that’s the way it is. It’s male chauvinistic, archaic, simple-minded, and just plain ignorant. And God forbid in spite of it all the women get over you know what happens then? One of these gentlemen wearing trunks will proceed to get her travel bag and take a large, steaming dump in it. Yes that happened to Sable at the height of her run.
I was there. I saw it first hand when some of the top stars in the WWE at the time would get in Vince’s ear when a female star started to get herself over. From there, Vince would do everything to chop her at the knees, in order not to upset the boys and to keep them happy. It was disgusting to me, just a horrible way to do business. It’s the reason I have always been an advocate of women’s wrestling and women wrestlers.
You would think with Stephanie McMahon and Dixie Carter both in tremendous places of power they would be pro-active in trying to change the male mindset in wrestling when it comes to women, but instead you get the complete opposite. Why? Simple. Ego and jealousy. As women, both Stephanie and Dixie love the spotlight directed on them at all times, it’s that plain and simple.
You want an example, here’s an example. If you remember back to my first three months at WCW, I had every woman on the show in some sort of angle, or story, even the Nitro Girls. Well, the day I left John Laurinaitis publicly declared, “Now we don’t have to use those damn women anymore.” YES, the SAME John Laurinaitis who went on to become Head of Talent Relations at the WWE. Now with somebody with that kind of stroke, with that kind of feeble mindset, how is any girl in the industry ever going to be given a fair shake regardless of WHO they are?
Guys, it’s 2015, grow the !@#$% up. When I had the “book” in TNA a whole 8-10 weeks after Jarrett was ousted and Hulk Bischoff came in, I studied the numbers extensively and found the TNA Knockouts were drawing one of the highest, if not THE HIGHEST, rating on each and every episode of IMPACT. With that information, I began booking TWO KO matches a week, with both segments drawing the highest numbers on the show. When writing a wrestling show, you have to go with what works, it doesn’t matter what it is, a rating is a rating. Unfortunately, once I lost control of the mystical “book”, the KOs went right back to playing a smaller role on the show.
AJ Lee, I applaud you. HOWEVER, your colleagues need to step up as well. Have voice ladies; don’t be afraid to be heard. If you wind up oppressing your true feelings, like most do in wrestling, you’re going to wind up being absolutely miserable anyway.

TNA's Knockout Division was good, if we're being honest - because they got to wrestle, and had pretty decent stories and characters. It'd be great to see what demographic were watching.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
TNA's Knockout Division was good, if we're being honest - because they got to wrestle, and had pretty decent stories and characters. It'd be great to see what demographic were watching.

I'll always trot this women's match out from TNA as it's probably one of their finest Knockouts match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPYGxRzO7uI

Truly a fantastic match. Always preferred how TNA labeled their women's division as Knockouts - still is an empowering name. "Divas" still bothers me due to the implication that they're, well, acting like divas.

How very noble, it's truly tragic that the dastardly heel that is Bobo Brazil does not have such respect for human life.

You don't become champion without having to take out a few people along the way. I would have been champ to if it wasn't for that bastard Bean Breath.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Dave won. Where is Bryan now? That Mania win was really worth it, pal.

oOhz4l4.png

Scottify

I also agree with Russo here. There's just no reason why the women's division can't be in better shape than it is. They've got good older and younger talent to grow with. Use them!

somedevil

It seems people forget his TNA run where all the women hated each other and called themselves bitches, whores, sluts and every bad term each week. Then there was thanksgiving thong thursday episode of impact.

Also, when Brooke Tessmacher debuted her character was the secretary who screwed bischoff and then screwed Nash and Pope and gave them secrets on upcoming immortal storyline.

His message is right but it comes from the wrong person.

Dave won. Where is Bryan now? That Mania win was really worth it, pal.

I imagine Vince gets all his news from Yahoo and saw that Dave was mentioned as a MMA fighter and flipped his shit.

Luckily Dave's agent/manager has got his shit together. Advertise his perfect undefeated MMA career, or the embarrassing moment of tapping out to a jobber at Mania?

I agree with Russo

Also, holy fuck this Shamrock/Vader match was brutal. Although even though I love Shamrock like anyone else Vader should have won after that forearm blast.

I see a possible 1997 repeat here Bryan ( micheals ) wins a lower title but has all the best matches and most talked about over the champion reigns ( hart ) which leads to the Seattle screwjob !!

Sephzilla

I see a possible 1997 repeat here Bryan ( micheals ) wins a lower title but has all the best matches and most talked about over the champion reigns ( hart ) which leads to the Seattle screwjob !!

wait, people talked about IC Champ HBK more than World Champ Bret Hart? I don't remember this.

I'll always trot this women's match out from TNA as it's probably one of their finest Knockouts match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPYGxRzO7uI

Truly a fantastic match. Always preferred how TNA labeled their women's division as Knockouts - still is an empowering name. "Divas" still bothers me due to the implication that they're, well, acting like divas.

Knockout is a great term for both wrestling ability and visual appeal. It's a shame TNA never really stuck to what made them popular - the X-Division & Knockouts.

It seems people forget his TNA run where all the women hated each other and called themselves bitches, whores, sluts and every bad term each week. Then there was thanksgiving thong thursday episode of impact.

Also, when Brooke Tessmacher debuted her character was the secretary who screwed bischoff and then screwed Nash and Pope and gave them secrets on upcoming immortal storyline.

His message is right but it comes from the wrong person.

I stopped watching ~07, so that stuff sounds horrible.

PInk Tape

Banned
Was it all a figment of Jennifer Lawrence's imagination?

I know nothing about the Hunger Games besides the bits from the commercials.

Personally, I think the epilogue was the thing that really brought everything down.

Basically she ends up with Peeta at the end; they have two kids and the games are over for good at that point. The series ends with Katniss looking at her reflection and saying "There are much worse games to play."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom