• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Umaga had a better roster of people for him to destroy.

Right, but he *destroyed* them. Rusev comes out on top in much closer matches. A lot of Rusev's wins have been after taking more offense than putting out, while believably selling his opponent's offense and sometimes even selling their offense for *days*.

Umaga flat out squashed almost everyone.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
...um... i dont see how?

What I meant was the roster Umaga was part of led to Umaga's monster status looking better/tougher.

It's a joke friend. Better as in whiter because of Russev's initial push of killing all of the black fan favorite characters.

Sephzilla

Right, but he *destroyed* them. Rusev comes out on top in much closer matches. A lot of Rusev's wins have been after taking more offense than putting out, while believably selling his opponent's offense and sometimes even selling their offense for *days*.

This might sound weird but that's why I almost think Rusev comes off as scarier. Even when he's wounded, he's still going to hurt you and win.

It's a joke friend. Better as in whiter because of Russev's initial push of killing all of the black fan favorite characters.

Ugh, internet jokes fly over my head too often.

I think we need to stop claiming Bryan is anti-vax unless he's said as much. Yes, I know it's a logical connection to make, but that doesn't make it true.

Not unless we agree to stop attributing production errors and Adam Rose's career to Kevin Dunn.

Only if we agree to stop using Kevin Dunn as a scapegoat for the state of the Diva's Division and sexist story lines.

B-T8DgZCIAAHA_q.jpg

JavyOO7

I'll happily part with my money to stick with NJPWWorld for another month. I've liked the shows that I've watched so far. Free trial too stronk.

It seemed more personal for Umaga, like the other dude slept with his girlfriend or something. He was the E's Russell Westbrook.

Hasney

The timing of the Dr. Chris thing is weird. Like, did he not know until the NXT audience chanted? That would be hilarious.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rusev is a super-athlete. Umaga was billed as an actual monster. Like old Kamala 'he might eat you' booking but WWE fans obviously knew he wouldn't.

Rusev just wants to win. Umaga wants to kill you. Helps(or doesn't depending on who you are) that Jamal worked a very stiff style.

The timing of the Dr. Chris thing is weird. Like, did he not know until the NXT audience chanted? That would be hilarious.

My understanding (Sorry Pepsi) is that you have to prove damages which is why a number of lawsuits happen many months or years after the incident. I highly doubt that was the first time some smarks yelled at him regarding what Punk said.

Xater

I just bought the film David Cross made for a dollar. I don't know anything about it. Still probably worth it right?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Legit question: Is there a promoter who has done more stupid shit to make wrestling look bad than John Zandig?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyXn24iAVYY
and
Gary Hart said:
There were certain things I wouldn’t do. I wouldn’t go out and demean homosexuals like I was asked to do in Amarillo by Dory Funk, Sr., I wouldn’t support the Holocaust like Bill Watts wanted me to do in Florida, and I wouldn’t beat up a lady. I didn’t care if someone gave me all the money in the world - that was my code, it served me well in wrestling, and I just wouldn’t go against it.

I just bought the film David Cross made for a dollar. I don't know anything about it. Still probably worth it right?

Probably. I haven't seen it either, doubt I will. I've got a pretty strong distaste for David Cross's aloof sarcastic style of comedy which frequently uses the poor and the ignorant as punching bags to display his superiority. He also likes to use the word retarded in his jokes. Got a real mean streak with not enough sympathetic qualities or intelligence to justify it. He's the bad kind of left wing comedian, there were many of them that came up in the 1990s.

2002 was a damn good year. WWE was still pretty decent, CHIKARA, ROH & TNA start up and put on fresh and interesting shows. I'm enjoying the hell out of watching these shows in order.

Even the pop up WCW replacement promotions are somewhat interesting (WWA & XWF) as they all show what TNA would eventually become!

NJPW on AXS tonight

*Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Kota Ibushi
*Satoshi Kojima vs. Davey Boy Smith Jr.
*Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Karl Anderson

We're up to the 2013 G1 Climax then. Ibushi/Nakamura's 19:18; Kojima vs. Smith is 11:43; Tenzan vs. Anderson's 9:55. We should see all three matches in full then. I'm assuming Nakamura gets the interview segments.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The hilarious thing about NJPW on AXS is that if they keep this up for another three seasons they might reasonably get to a time where some of their taped footage is NEWER than certain TNA episodes and definitely newer than some Lucha Underground!

We're up to the 2013 G1 Climax then. Ibushi/Nakamura's 19:18; Kojima vs. Smith is 11:43; Tenzan vs. Anderson's 9:55. We should see all three matches in full then. I'm assuming Nakamura gets the interview segments.

Are we gonna get Shibata vs Ishii? Would love to hear the commentary on that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I liked Mankind until he put on that dress shirt, then he went from interesting to complete shit. Absolutely hated him as "Mick Foley" and hated Dude Love with a passion. I know Mick Foley is loved to hell and back but I cannot fucking stand him at all with the exception of his WCW Cactus Jack and original Mankind stuff, and even then Mankind was just alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom