• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
when i was little i thought it was cool that chyna was wrestling with guys sometimes and she won the IC title at some point right?

i mean i know, women and men competing in a fight is pretty fucked up in real life, but in wrestling i thought it was a cool thing to have her be doing that. a lot of people seem really disgusted with her like these OSW guys.

She won it from Jarrett. And she eliminated Vince McMahon from the Rumble if I remember correctly. She wasn't a good wrestler, but she was super over and had the most cross-media appeal of anyone on their roster at the time aside from Rock and Austin.

Well they also think Christian is a great wrestler and a megastar. And that Big Show is better than Andre.

XenoRaven

I really like Daniel Bryan matches and I want to like his promos but he just embodies too much of what I can't stand and never want to be like. I think that's my big problem. I talked before about me liking big galoot lunkhead dudes because that's what I wanna BE. Bryan is someone I -never- wanna be, so that's part of what puts me off from him. Love watching him work, though, no matter what promotion.
Why can't he just be who he is and you be who you are and leave it at that?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
¡HarlequinPanic!;152939480 said:
Augh, there's this ddt she hits on Ivory at X7 that just looks dreadful, the height difference definitely was in play there. I'll have to gif that shit later.

Ivory had to carry her entirely through their feud. Ivory also said she was kind of a bitch after the Playboy thing.

Sephzilla

Fave Five Entrance Themes Ever
  1. Hulk Hogan's "Real American"
  2. Stone Cold Steve Austin
  3. nWo
  4. Shane McMahon's "Here Comes The Money"
  5. Brock Lesnar

She won it from Jarrett. And she eliminated Vince McMahon from the Rumble if I remember correctly. She wasn't a good wrestler, but she was super over and had the most cross-media appeal of anyone on their roster at the time aside from Rock and Austin.

Well they also think Christian is a great wrestler and a megastar.

oh right from jarrett - i remembered she had a feud with jericho for a while and he probably said a lot of rapist stuff during that, right? i mean yeah....

but still, i always thought it was kinda cool to have her be throwing some of the guys around. she was set up to be unique amongst the women so hopefully not too many 10 year old boys grew up thinking it was okay to hit girls...

i just remember really rooting for her all the time when she was feuding with a male wrestler. i was like 10 at the time. i don't get the disgust, and i find the retrospective focus on her extracurricular activities to be pretty unfortunate. i mean benoit killed his whole family and people still talk about what a good wrestler he was. you say chyna wasn't good, and probably not, especially not compared to some of the nxt women right now, but wrestling is only one way a wwe performer can be good.

imBask

Banned
I really like Daniel Bryan matches and I want to like his promos but he just embodies too much of what I can't stand and never want to be like. I think that's my big problem. I talked before about me liking big galoot lunkhead dudes because that's what I wanna BE. Bryan is someone I -never- wanna be, so that's part of what puts me off from him. Love watching him work, though, no matter what promotion.

also look, let's be real here... Daniel Bryan looks like shit, his face is a trainwreck

he's top 2 in the uggo list with Neville

Sephzilla

Honestly someone who's a friend of his needs to convince him to trim the beard and ditch the hair. His current look is dogshit and I think it's legit hurting him. WM28 era Bryan was a good looking motherfucker who looked intense as fuck when he got pissed.

Man God

Non-Canon Member

Well they also think Christian is a great wrestler and a megastar. And that Big Show is better than Andre.

She eliminated Sexual Chocolate actually, then Austin immediately tosses her out.

Patryn

While we will never, ever know the full truth, I think the number one industry secret I would love to know the full details of is the full and true story of Steph pushing Shane out. Sure we have an idea of the gist, but I'd love to hear the full scoop.

Shane had to have loved the business. The matches he would wrestle, he was putting his body on the line in a way that showed that he had to have a deep love of it all.

And then he just walked away from everything. I'm really curious at the residual anger or what have you that must exist from all that.

Seriously, back then I often would be more looking forward to the Shane matches just because I knew he'd pull out some batshit insane stunts.

While we will never, ever know the full truth, I think the number one industry secret I would love to know the full details of is the full and true story of Steph pushing Shane out. Sure we have an idea of the gist, but I'd love to hear the full scoop.

Shane had to have loved the business. The matches he would wrestle, he was putting his body on the line in a way that showed that he had to have a deep love of it all.

And then he just walked away from everything. I'm really curious at the residual anger or what have you that must exist from all that.

Seriously, back then I often would be more looking forward to the Shane matches just because I knew he'd pull out some batshit insane stunts.

Probably saw the writing on the wall once HHH started slowing down. They always liked Steph's soap opera style while Shane's ideas were shot down.

Sephzilla

I still personally think Shane eventually comes back and takes the CEO position after Vince vacates it. Hunter probably wont get offered it and even if he did I don't think Hunter would accept it, he'd probably take over creative and run the wrestling side of the company. And haven't there been numerous rumors/reports that a lot of people don't have confidence in Steph running the entire company? Everyone but Steph will probably beg Shane to come back since he has actual CEO experience under his belt now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

The thing that hurts most about it is you hear these shoots from wrestlers and non-wrestlers, and nobody says anything bad about Shane. They basically say that he was one of the boys while still being Vince's son. That he always showed up for practices and did them himself because he wanted to be a part of it. You hear Heyman talking about how Shane had all these ideas WAY ahead of Vince and company. That he was the one who wanted to do an internet program like what they're doing with NXT now, but this was in like 2002. That he was looking at UFC as being a big thing when Vince didn't even know what it was.

I don't hear much positive about Stephanie other than like Kliq guys saying, 'she's nice.'

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Why can't he just be who he is and you be who you are and leave it at that?

Why should I? I'm trying to connect with characters - the ones you like most are the ones you connect with. I can't find much sympy for any of his situations when under the skin, I can't stand that little earth muffin. The beard is disgusting. The hair is disgusting. He's anti-vax. He's a hippie. He looks like a Mumford and Sons reject. I hate ALL of these things and it seriously stops me from getting too invested in him.

When Batista was going to beat the piss out of him? I wanted Bats to smear him across the screen to prove that bigger IS better. But in non-kayfabe style, Bats is a good guy. Put him and the Shield over as fuck.

So I'm really enjoying "fuck America" Bret Hart. Interrupts the Bulldog/Owen match to tell them to cut that shit out, fuck America, I love you guys.

Also, Owen and Bulldog's match was way more strike focused and smash-mouth, instead of their technical showcase in Berlin, because they full blown don't like each other, THAT's psychology.

Lastly, awesome that Bret is going for the IC title on this show

Sephzilla

Meh, I'm completely over the "bigger is better" mindset. A big lughead who looks good when he's flexing on stage but is gassed 5 minutes into a match does nothing for me.

So I'm really enjoying "fuck America" Bret Hart. Interrupts the Bulldog/Owen match to tell them to cut that shit out, fuck America, I love you guys.

Also, Owen and Bulldog's match was way more strike focused and smash-mouth, instead of their technical showcase in Berlin, because they full blown don't like each other, THAT's psychology.

Lastly, awesome that Bret is going for the IC title on this show

Early Attitude Era Bret is maybe the best Bret

Probably saw the writing on the wall once HHH started slowing down. They always liked Steph's soap opera style while Shane's ideas were shot down.

Thats basically how Melzter's described it. Step was given control of creative and HHH got talent, leaving Shane with digital media. He saw the writing on the wall and cashed out.

Bowser

Fave Five Entrance Themes Ever
  1. Stone Cold Steve Austin
  2. nWo
  3. Hollywood Rock
  4. Goldberg
  5. Brock Lesnar

Honorable mention: Triple H "My Time"

XenoRaven

Why should I? I'm trying to connect with characters - the ones you like most are the ones you connect with. I can't find much sympy for any of his situations when under the skin, I can't stand that little earth muffin. The beard is disgusting. The hair is disgusting. He's anti-vax. He's a hippie. He looks like a Mumford and Sons reject. I hate ALL of these things and it seriously stops me from getting too invested in him.

When Batista was going to beat the piss out of him? I wanted Bats to smear him across the screen to prove that bigger IS better. But in non-kayfabe style, Bats is a good guy. Put him and the Shield over as fuck.
I guess I don't identify with that. I don't want to be like Minoru Suzuki's character in NJPW. He's generally a jerk to everyone that isn't in Suzuki-gun. That doesn't stop him from being my favorite wrestler in the world. I don't want to BE any wrestler. They're who they are and I'm who I am. If I appreciate what they do, I like them. If I don't appreciate what they do, I don't care about them. I suppose I could be getting caught up in semantics too much.

That said, Bryan looks gross right now, and the evidence of him having trouble building muscle mass after his surgery is painfully evident. His arms look like mine and about the only things I ever lift are notebooks and a guitar case.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I want John Cenar to blow the roof off with Russev and become SUPER PATRIOTIC for their Wrestlemania rematch. Living in Amerca, Hacksaw and Hogan as corner men, basically Rocky IV.

imBask

Banned
for my pop-trigger thingy, i'd add an honorable mention to the Shield... it wasn't the most iconic theme song, but as soon as that "SIERRA, HOTEL..." hit, you knew shit was going down

Xater

I want John Cenar to blow the roof off with Russev and become SUPER PATRIOTIC for their Wrestlemania rematch. Living in Amerca, Hacksaw and Hogan as corner men, basically Rocky IV.

Meanwhile the rest of the world collectively rolls their eyes.

top 5 best theme that starts with a "pop-trigger"

1- Stone Cold
2- Bret Hart
3- The Rock
4- Bray Wyatt
5- Brock Lesnar

Does the cowbell in Common Man count?

Because if it does, it should be on the list :)

Meanwhile the rest of the world collectively rolls their eyes.

The rest of the world will cheer on Rusev. Just as we cheered on Bret Hart during his anti America days.

Heck, we're ALREADY cheering him on.

Sephzilla

For the record I like the term "pop trigger"

Cena's going to lose at Fast Lane, return with some brand new USA themed merch to sell and basically become Mr America 2 for a rematch at WrestleMania. This will also go down as when Cena truly achieved his final form.

I think we need to stop claiming Bryan is anti-vax unless he's said as much. Yes, I know it's a logical connection to make, but that doesn't make it true.

For the record I like the term "pop trigger"

Cena's going to lose at Fast Lane, return with some brand new USA themed merch to sell and basically become Mr America 2 for a rematch at WrestleMania. This will also go down as when Cena truly achieved his final form.

Eh, I'm not sure if Rusev has been built to the same level that say Umaga was in terms of who he has beaten at this point. I mean he's been a monster heel, and he's put in great matches, but Umaga was squashing legends in his run up until Cena finally stopped him and Umaga went into freefall.

Rusev is the better worker, definitely, but Umaga had been booked as much more of an unstoppable threat at this point in their respective careers.

Sephzilla

Eh, I'm not sure if Rusev has been built to the same level that say Umaga was in terms of who he has beaten at this point. I mean he's been a monster heel, and he's put in great matches, but Umaga was squashing legends in his run up until Cena finally stopped him and Umaga went into freefall.

Rusev is the better worker, definitely, but Umaga had been booked as much more of an unstoppable threat at this point in their respective careers.

Umaga had a much better roster of people for him to destroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom