• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
The five count in the corner for "kicking too much ass" is the lamest finish they have. It might be in their rules, but it's an awful finish.

It's marginally better than losing by exploding TV in your face. I don't want this to be a thing where Dean keeps losing by stupidity. But it isn't contradictory or weird.

Now that Stardust / Goldust finish on the other hand...

They brought him back and his first match had him job to Cena.

His first match.

Gz781.jpg

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure if there's ever been a 3-count with it in WWE but WWE refs have absolutely counted shoulders down during figure four attempts. That was a big thing during the Flair/WWF era.

Let's not act like idiots though. There is not even an inkling of offense in that "pin attempt" - don't go full smark.

Hasney

Let's not act like idiots though. There is not even an inkling of offense in that "pin attempt" - don't go full smark.

It's clearly a slow submission where pressure is applied to the thigh via the heel of a boot. Reigns won't be walking too easily today, let me tell you that.

It's clearly a slow submission where pressure is applied to the thigh via the heel of a boot. Reigns won't be walking too easily today, let me tell you that.
I'm pretty sure Roman passed out from this, and Daniel Bryan should be going to the mania main event.

Patryn

As a casual fan who really has only been keeping up with things by following this thread, I have to applaud the WWE for creating a card for Wreslemania that literally has zero appeal to me.

I really could give a shit about anything. Honestly, the only wrestler on it that I truly care about is Rusev, simply because it cracks me up how despite him being put forward as the despicable heel, he's actually been acting more like a face in all his feuds. Of course it's obvious that Super Cena will end his reign of tyranny.

While Reigns is beyond boring to me, I have to give it to the WWE for at least letting a new guy get the big win. It's such a waste to have Cena end Rusev, because he gains nothing from it.

If they were willing to take a small hit for a while in the interest of building the future, the WWE would give Cena a six-month vacation after Wrestlemania. Have him come back at Summerslam or something. Take the time after Mania to let a new status quo be established for the roster without having to worry about something for Cena to do.

Fox318

As a casual fan who really has only been keeping up with things by following this thread, I have to applaud the WWE for creating a card for Wreslemania that literally has zero appeal to me.

I really could give a shit about anything. Honestly, the only wrestler on it that I truly care about is Rusev, simply because it cracks me up how despite him being put forward as the despicable heel, he's actually been acting more like a face in all his feuds. Of course it's obvious that Super Cena will end his reign of tyranny.

While Reigns is beyond boring to me, I have to give it to the WWE for at least letting a new guy get the big win. It's such a waste to have Cena end Rusev, because he gains nothing from it.

If they were willing to take a small hit for a while in the interest of building the future, the WWE would give Cena a six-month vacation after Wrestlemania. Have him come back at Summerslam or something. Take the time after Mania to let a new status quo be established for the roster without having to worry about something for Cena to do.
Modern WWE has the faces act like heels and the heels act like faces.

Xater

Have you seen WWE without Cena? It's a mess. They have no idea what to do without their golden by to fall back to.

Patryn

Have you seen WWE without Cena? It's a mess. They have no idea what to do without their golden by to fall back to.

True, it'd be a mess for a bit. But as I recall, they haven't gone without him for longer than a few weeks. I think an extended break, like the six-months I suggested, would force them to figure shit out.

Plus, if it all goes to hell they know they'd probably be able to get a big pop for his return.

Cena should have lost cleanly, without the low-blow nonsense. He didn't even have to tap. He could have just passed out. That way, his "Never Give Up" motto is maintained, it legitimizes Rusev, plays up the "Cena has lost a step" angle, casts John Cena in his classic underdog role for the millionth time, and sets up a Wrestlemania match in which the U.S. collides with Russia, and ends with Cena winning and capturing the U.S. Title in a pro-USA masturbation fest.

I don't like Cena winning at Wrestlemania anyway though.

Kaladin

So Wrestlemania 31:

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
Sting vs Triple H
Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan vs ???
Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt
Tag Title Rematch
IC Title Rematch
Cena vs Rusev II
Goldust vs Stardust II
Divas Shit
Celebrity shit

I can't figure where Bryan works into the card. He's either facing Sheamus or Dolph Ziggler which both could be good given time.

I also don't see how Jon Stewart works into the Rollins vs Orton match....does he manage Orton? He's the only celebrity they are currently working with.

Sephzilla

So Wrestlemania 31:

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar
Sting vs Triple H
Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton
Daniel Bryan vs Shaemus
Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt
Tag Title Rematch
IC Title Rematch
Cena vs Rusev II
Goldust vs Stardust II
Divas Shit
Celebrity shit

I can't figure where Bryan works into the card. He's either facing Sheamus or Dolph Ziggler which both could be good given time.

I also don't see how Jon Stewart works into the Rollins vs Orton match....does he manage Orton? He's the only celebrity they are currently working with.

My prediction is that Bryan will face Shaemus. If Bryan abruptly turns heel he might fight Ziggler.

If Stewart becomes part of the Rollins/Orton storyline, I want Rollins to bring in Colbert to side with him.

But offensive pin attempts aren't a requirement for it to be a "pin attempt" otherwise spots like the offensive person being pinned during a bridging german suplex wouldn't happen.

Kaladin

I used to get a shit ton of tweets and ads meant for a Tampa, FL based DJ named DJ Sandman who was very popular. He was @djsandman813 on twitter, I was @djsandman (my college radio dj name). I eventually changed my twitter name though.

Sephzilla

So is there going to be a second Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal this year? Even recently when they mention Cesaro winning that match they keep bringing up the "inaugural" or "first" implying it will be a recurring thing.

Kaladin

My prediction is that Bryan will face Shaemus. If Bryan abruptly turns heel he might fight Ziggler.

If Stewart becomes part of the Rollins/Orton storyline, I want Rollins to bring in Colbert to side with him.

While that could work, I also see them doing a Face vs Face match with Bryan vs Ziggler as a match that could "steal the show".

Both have nothing for the card, and I could see them holding off Sheamus till after Mania.

kiguel182

I'd probably be a bit more generous than 3 stars, but I could've done without the finisher kick-out. The Knee that Beat Cena is now The Knee that Couldn't Beat Roman.

This was the one thing the match didn't need. Having Roman kick out of the move that had defeated both Cena and HHH was just dumb.

Not only did Bryan put the guy over clean, gave him the rub but also gave him that. They are building Roman (or failing to do so) at the cost of another new guy.

But I mean, they are making the guy main-event Mania when Bryan was clearly the most over guy in that match. And even Ambrose is more over than him. We can't expect much.

Kaladin

So is there going to be a second Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal this year? Even recently when they mention Cesaro winning that match they keep bringing up the "inaugural" or "first" implying it will be a recurring thing.

It's probably their new "holy shit these guys have nothing on the show, let's get them into something" match.

Sephzilla

While that could work, I also see them doing a Face vs Face match with Bryan vs Ziggler as a match that could "steal the show".

Both have nothing for the card, and I could see them holding off Sheamus till after Mania.

If they were going to hold off Shaemus until after WrestleMania I don't think they'd be hyping his return over a month before Mania, sadly.

This was the one thing the match didn't need. Having Roman kick out of the move that had defeated both Cena and HHH was just dumb.

Not only did Bryan put the guy over clean, gave him the rub but also gave him that. They are building Roman (or failing to do so) at the cost of another new guy.

But I mean, they are making the guy main-event Mania when Bryan was clearly the most over guy in that match. And even Ambrose is more over than him. We can't expect much.

Yeah I didn't like Roman kicking out of the Knee That Beat Cena & HHH especially since Bryan didn't get to kick out of a spear

Hasney

I hope so. Also hoping it carries the tradition it started of launching new stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom