• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.
try to ask a real question on gaming side that'd only someone with know how could answer and get some mouthbreather who likes to hear himself talk spouting out useless opinions instead. fuckin' gamers.

Aiii

So not worth it
Eh, I think Bork's strong enough to throw Reigns around like a ragdoll for 20 minutes, until Superman Punch and SPEARSPEARSPEAR.

Yeah, there's no way this match is gonna be booked with Brock destroying Reigns for 20 minutes.

Except a few German suplexes, a gazillion rest holds and then the Reigns special finish.

Oh man Brock vs. Reigns has the potential to be a total snooze fest.

Well, Reigns managed to have a good match with Bryan. I am not sure if Brock can make Reigns look that good though. He might be able to.

The only reason I am remotely excited about the match is the prospect that Brock might win now that he may not return to UFC. Part of me thinks that was solely leaked to get people excited about the potential of a Brock win.

ACT update

Fuck

Act, showing tremendous class and dignity, simply apologizes to her fans for “letting them down.” She doesn’t give full details of her injuries, telling fans to wait for an official press release. She only states that both her eyes are currently swollen shut, and he mother was needed to ghost-write her apology blog post for her.

Ithil

So how was the Reigns reaction?

I cannot muster up a single ounce of enthusiasm for WrestleMania, which is just fucking sad. This is going to be the first one since XIX I have no plans to watch.

Crowd didn't care about anyone or anything all night. I don't know why they paid 70 dollars or whatever and drove to the arena.

I love Rusev

tumblr_nk7glqVV241sj4xr4o1_500.gif

Aiii

So not worth it
Crowd didn't care about anyone or anything all night. I don't know why they paid 70 dollars or whatever and drove to the arena.

To be fair, they probably got those tickets assuming WWE would actually get good around Mania time again.

Ithil

Ironic that Ambrose loses by DQ by "beating up Barrett too much" while Owens wins the NXT title for doing the same to Zayn.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
From what I hear, sounded like a pretty crummy show. I'll definitely watch most of it on the Network, though. Bummed about the crowd, but damn that Rusev jiff is great. I know it'll probably all come crashing down at Mania, but it's glorious right now.

TUkF0fv.gif

Inspire Pro is very "continuing storyline"-heavy by indies standards (it's part of trying to honor the tradition of Texas wrestling, which is traditionally very storyline/character development heavy) which is tricky, but if you stick with the product, it usually pays off in a statisfying way for the fans. Relentless was kinda a transitional card in terms of some angles/characters too. So I can see a first-timer finding some of the finishes screwy, especially the angle with The Holleywood Knives, which probably made no sense to you, but was actually kinda a big deal. (Steve O Reno is actually now probably the most over young babyface in the company.)

The commentary did a great job of explaining the story for both the tag match and the street fight, to be fair, and I can see why Steve O's popular, dude's very energetic.

Everybody loves Jojo Bravo. The dude oozes entertainment. I can't wait for you to see his tag team match with ACH vs. Silver Ant and Fire Ant of The Colony from BattleWars. I also can't wait for you to see Keith Lee, who is my current favorite monster/"hoss" on probably the entire planet.

Really looking forward to checking this out, hopefully sometime this week - one thing I really loved about the Inspire show was how well paced everything was. The show built to the finish, as it should be, and nothing outstayed its welcome. You get too many indies these days trying to be like PWG, where it's just one crazy-ass match followed by another, but PWG gets away with it because their cards are literally chock full of a lot of the best wrestlers on the indies.

ISo cool that people thousands of miles away can see my favorite local promotion, and vice-versa.

Seriously, it blows my mind how readily available indie wrestling from the world over is these days. I feel like we're on the cusp of another boom period for indie wrestling, although it'll be a bunch of younger promotions leading the charge this time.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Seriously, it blows my mind how readily available indie wrestling from the world over is these days. I feel like we're on the cusp of another boom period for indie wrestling, although it'll be a bunch of younger promotions leading the charge this time.

It's fantastic now that distance means absolutely nothing - it's almost all dependent on the quality of a show you can put out. People who want it will hunt it down.

EDIT: Here's the diagnosis of Act at the moment - Diagnosis: Act Yasukawa suffered a fracture of her cheekbone & nasal bone and may also have broken her orbital bone.

Not sure if that's even close to an official diagnosis as you'd think they'd know about the orbital bone, but the fractures are confirmed.

Xater

Well, Reigns managed to have a good match with Bryan. I am not sure if Brock can make Reigns look that good though. He might be able to.

The only reason I am remotely excited about the match is the prospect that Brock might win now that he may not return to UFC. Part of me thinks that was solely leaked to get people excited about the potential of a Brock win.

Reigns managed me to get bored during a Bryan match. I have no hope for his match with Brock unless it's Brock just decimating him.

Ithil

Clearly you're full of sugar. Sugar sugar sugar sugar.

I think that's how that term goes. Maybe it's flour. You're floury. It means you're wrong and I'm right, because I said flour.

I'd probably be a bit more generous than 3 stars, but I could've done without the finisher kick-out. The Knee that Beat Cena is now The Knee that Couldn't Beat Roman.

EDIT: Here's the diagnosis of Act at the moment - Diagnosis: Act Yasukawa suffered a fracture of her cheekbone & nasal bone and may also have broken her orbital bone.

Not sure if that's even close to an official diagnosis as you'd think they'd know about the orbital bone, but the fractures are confirmed.

Fuck that sounds nasty, I read something about the having to wait for the swelling to go down before making a fuller diagnosis. Hope she's ok, fucking vile that Yoshiko would go after her eye like that.

Sephzilla

Brock/Roman has the potential to be a decent match at best, I'll be legit surprised if it's anything greater than that. I like Brock but I don't think he has the ability to carry Roman as much as Bryan did last night.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'll admit I haven't watched hardly any modern WWE (other than NXT's last PPV, which was amazing). I spend most of my time watching mid-90s WWF and WCW on the WWE Network.

I tuned in last night and watched the final match. I was bored out of my mind. It was simply an average match, and I expected more from the guy they want to put the title on. I just don't get why Vince loves Reigns. He isn't interesting in the ring in the least.

I can't stand Lesnar being a part-time champion, but I really think they need to leave the belt on him.

Sephzilla

Which is it?

Roman/Bryan was a good match, but Bryan carried about 85-90% of the match and
neither of his finishers were protected
. Basically the end of the match finalized Roman's transformation into Neo Cena because
Roman ate finishers and then SPEARWINSLOL
. Roman was also looking fairly gassed about halfway in.

ed_fusion

Banned
the road to wrestlemania continues, babygirl...

Made it reign down on that bitch last night and now only 35 more days till the king takes his throne...

Believe dat!

Ironic that Ambrose loses by DQ by "beating up Barrett too much" while Owens wins the NXT title for doing the same to Zayn.

Uhm. No?

Ambrose loses by DQ for not respecting the referees 5 count when beating on someone in the corner. You see the referees giving the warning count to that scenario every single week.

Owens won by repeatedly hitting legal offense until Sami couldn't continue.

Both are fully consistent with the WWE's rules.

Roman looked as good as he's ever looked last night. Credit Bryan, but also credit Roman. He still not 'there' yet, but he continues to come along at a good pace. I'll be surprised if they risk the one on one, espescially given how Brock wrestled at Mania last time he was on his way out the door the next day.

The great news for Bryan in all this, is that he has really good in ring and out of ring chemistry with Roman. That's going to keep him in the title picture. He could be the Edge to Roman's Cena. That's been the biggest surprise of this feud. These two guys really play off each other well.

Kind of amazing how they have wasted Brock if he doesn't resign.

3.5 cena
3 triple H
1 big shoe
1 punk
1 taker(lol remember the streak)
1 roman
.5 Rollins

Ithil

Uhm. No?

Ambrose loses by DQ for not respecting the referees 5 count when beating on someone in the corner.

Owens won by repeatedly hitting legal offense until Sami couldn't continue.

Both are fully consistent with the WWE's rules.

The five count in the corner for "kicking too much ass" is the lamest finish they have. It might be in their rules, but it's an awful finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom