• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xater

RP912

Banned
This shit is making me lauuuugh
tumblr_nk7fj7u8Tj1t90zs1o1_540.jpg

Wave-and-tidal-energy-001.jpg

Russev WE COMING FOR YOU HORE!!!

Kaladin

If they were going to hold off Shaemus until after WrestleMania I don't think they'd be hyping his return over a month before Mania, sadly.

Could also see Sheamus as a big part of the Andre Battle Royal. They could put him over with a strong return in that match.

Sephzilla

My predicted Mania card so far

Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (c) - WWE Title
Sting vs HHH
Seth Rollins vs Randy Orton
Undertaker vs Bray Wyatt
The Usos vs Cesaro/Kidd (c) - Tag Titles
Dean Ambrose vs Bad News Barrett (c) - Intercontinental Title
John Cena vs Rusev (c) - US Title
Daniel Bryan vs Shaemus
Stardust vs Goldust
Paige vs Nikki Bella - Divas Title
Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal #2

I want to put Miz vs Mizdow on here but I think that might be a Raw after Mania type thing

Could also see Sheamus as a big part of the Andre Battle Royal. They could put him over with a strong return in that match.

That's also very possible.

kiguel182

If they were going to hold off Shaemus until after WrestleMania I don't think they'd be hyping his return over a month before Mania, sadly.

Yeah I didn't like Roman kicking out of the Knee That Beat Cena & HHH especially since Bryan didn't get to kick out of a spear

It stinks of "you have to make Roman look strong" shit. Specially since the finish involved an attempt of a running knee so there's no need to ever connect it in the first place.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's really weird to me just how much Yoshiko looks like Takayama thanks to the hair and build.

Sephzilla

It stinks of "you have to make Roman look strong" shit. Specially since the finish involved an attempt of a running knee so there's no need to ever connect it in the first place.

Well it was basically Roman getting Cena booking. Roman eats multiple finishers and then hits one finisher that magically obliterates his opponent.

But without relying on kicking out of finishers a million times, how would the WWE sustain tension in their matches?

jmdajr

He actually did this time. Amazing what you can do with a guy when he's not in the ring with Big Show or Kane.

Still don't believe he can beat God King Supreme Brock Lesnar for the title.

I think beating Bork would be a mistake. But sure..go out there and have a good match!

Sephzilla

Either way I fully believe Roman does not leave WM31 with the title. Either Brock is going to win (if he re-signs) or Roman will beat Brock and then Rollins will immediately cash on and beat him.

So is there going to be a second Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal this year? Even recently when they mention Cesaro winning that match they keep bringing up the "inaugural" or "first" implying it will be a recurring thing.

They should just call it what it really is: The Annual "Let's get as many people on the show as possible so they can get their Mania paychecks" Battle Royal.

kiguel182

Well it was basically Roman getting Cena booking. Roman eats multiple finishers and then hits one finisher that magically obliterates his opponent.

And Bryan acting heel for like half the match. Roman also was injured. Oh well.

Also, Bryan is facing Sheamus, I doubt (and hope) that they don't do Ziggler vs Bryan.

I'm also very confused as to why they did Reigns/Bryan at all. It didn't help either guy and it probably pissed people off Re: Roman more

jmdajr

Yeah I didn't like Roman kicking out of the Knee That Beat Cena & HHH especially since Bryan didn't get to kick out of a spear

Not a fan of that bit but overall Reigns did some pretty good selling last night. Hell even super Cena did. Surprisingly.

WTF am I looking at? Was this some weird shoot fight?
Yoshiko and Act Yasukawa had a match. Rumors always been around that Yoshiko and Act didn't like each other. Seems there's a good amount of people in Stardom that didn't like Act for whatever reason. Act had just returned a few months ago from having surgery done to her eye that she was blind in. The match quickly turned into a shoot with Yoshiko pounding Act directly in the eye that was worked on that was formerly blind. Basically trying to reblind her or worse. Yoshiko broke Act's orbital bone. The ref wanted to stop the match early, but the owner said don't because he thought it was a work until there was blood. Kyoko Kimura had to pull them apart and people from outside of their stables was also tending to Act who got pulverized like Kairi Hojo. Act was taken to the hospital and there's supposed to be a staff meeting tomorrow.

Fans, wrestlers, and the staff are completely pissed. Refunds and tickets were handed out and the owners said that this is not a MMA company that Yoshiko betrayed professional wrestling or something along those lines. She was completely unprofessional and may have ended someone's career who has had a rough time of it her entire life with her eye disease. Io Shirai and Hiroyo Matsumoto came out an hour afterwards to meet with the fans and be like
tumblr_inline_mx0g839bIf1r6fllt.gif

There's pictures online of Act's face which pretty much says it all.

Jesus Christ Yoshiko is a piece of shit

This is all so weird. Aspects of the highlights gave me the impression that the crew were expecting a heated & violent match, given how they didn't intervene sooner, but then Yoshiko goes way, way too far. Her post-match reaction was either keeping character or just plain fucking evil.

Sephzilla

I'm also very confused as to why they did Reigns/Bryan at all. It didn't help either guy and it probably pissed people off Re: Roman more

Because in Vince's mind it makes Roman look stronger and maybe people will like Roman more if Bryan shakes his hand. That's how Vince justifies it. The reality is that all Vince has done is created a bigger divide between Bryan and Roman fans and now a lot of fans will probably never get behind Roman. Hardcore towns are probably going to eat Roman alive for a few years now.

Xater

Can someone explain the Act/Yoshiko thing to me? Was this a shoot fight to begin with or did Yoshiko just decide it would be a great idea to fuck up Act?

Hasney

I think the idea was to show that Reigns could have a good match. I didn't watch it, so no comment from me, but it sounds like it was alright at best,

kiguel182

Btw, are they saving Taker vs Sting for next years Mania? I mean, why aren't they doing that match?

Not that I care for any Sting match at this point but it's weird they aren't doing it if Taker is wrestling in the show.

Yeah, I also don't get this. I mean, smarks are not going to like Reigns because Bryan gave him the rub.

I think they just wanted someone to make Roman look good and since Bryan is the best wrestler they have they did it. But it ended up dividing the crowd anyway. Who knows.

Sephzilla

I think the idea was to show that Reigns could have a good match. I didn't watch it, so no comment from me, but it sounds like it was alright at best,

Yeah, I think that was the idea. The reality was that it showed that Roman can be carried through a decent match. Lesnar/Roman is going to stink.

Btw, are they saving Taker vs Sting for next years Mania? I mean, why aren't they doing that match?

They aren't doing that match because HHH needs his ego fed, probably.

RP912

Banned
Atleast Reigns did more for the match than lay in a corner or on the damn floor. Dude's breath control is a crying shame. Even Yoko wasn't that gassed and dude was 600 pounds doing damn superkicks.

Vestal

Worst part about the match last night is that they had Roman kick out of the Running Knee, but protected the fuck out of his spear. Dbry should have kicked out of that spear which would have brought more intrigue into the match and elevated it further.

Aiii

So not worth it
Worst part about the match last night is that they had Roman kick out of the Running Knee, but protected the fuck out of his spear. Dbry should have kicked out of that spear which would have brought more intrigue into the match and elevated it further.

The idea was to elevate Reigns, so obviously you have to protect his finisher and not the guy that's going to a nothing match at Mania.

I have no problems with this at all, the guy is going to face Brock, so obviously you book him as a beast.

Xater

No worries.

I'm currently in that weird flux zone of "Do I or don't I want to click on this". I'm leaning towards I don't.

It's probably not much worse than some stuff you might see in MMA, but what makes it bad is that one person clearly wasn't in on it.

Vestal

The idea was to elevate Reigns, so obviously you have to protect his finisher and not the guy that's going to a nothing match at Mania.

I have no problems with this at all, the guy is going to face Brock, so obviously you book him as a beast.

If you protect his finisher then you protect Bryans as well. No reason other than fuckery to do the super I can get up from your finisher type deal.

Sephzilla

I hope Heyman gets a good payday after Mania because he's going to have to enter promo beast mode in order to sell Lesnar vs Roman.

If you protect his finisher then you protect Bryans as well. No reason other than fuckery to do the super I can get up from your finisher type deal.

Again, something NXT does so much better.

dream

Okay, two things on this beautiful Monday morning:

1. Having seen footage now, the Act vs. Yoshiko thing looks like a stiff work to me.
2. Seeing people say "Daniel Bryan should have kicked out of the spear because Roman Reigns kicked out of the Shining Wizard" makes me realize that WWE has conditioned their audience very well with their terrible 50/50 booking style in which nobody really looks strong because everyone gets a chance to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom