• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sephzilla

Nashville - Reigns should be ok
Newark - Reigns DOA
Pittsburgh - Reigns DOA
Des Moines - Reigns should be ok as long as he is kept away from Seth
Los Angeles - Reigns probably DOA
San Jose - Raw after Mania - Reigns DOA

If Roman gets booed in Nashville then that's a bad sign.

Did you finish Gary Hart's book? I keep getting sidetracked but I'm about 50% through with it and loving it.

Nope, I'm hopefully gonna have time to start it this week, can't wait to read the stuff about Muta. Got Jack Brisco's book to read as well, reviews seem to think it's a bit on the dry side, but there's a lot of good info there.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
What's so great about the book? I'm pretty sure Austin and/or JR always talks about it.

I'm maybe 1/3 though it. It's such a great read and it's so interesting it's also a fast read. Gary Hart was into some shit, jeez.

You motherfuckers are the Bootaaay/Mr Luchador of this thread.

The book is amazing because it's just fucking GOOD to hear all these crazy tales. Gart Hart was involved with some fucking ROUGH people and he does a great job painting a pictures of what it was really life, with no real "I was a boy age 5 growing up at..." but instead dives right into his shit, which helps because he BEGAN his career in some crazy shit.

It's just fucking good.

syIhbGg.jpg

Sephzilla

My feelings were he could be the next Batista. Can he be more? Not sure. But I think it's safe to say Batista level is in reach.

Roman hasn't flashed any kind of potential mic skill to rival Douchetista though. I give Batista a lot of shit but I thought he was solid on a microphone. I think Roman has the potential to be the next Sid Vicious. He's got the look and a few really good power moves, but keep him away from a microphone at all costs.

Looking back on some of the older footage it's crazy how over guys like The Rock, Austin, Mankind, Eddie, Benoit, I'd even add in guys like Edge and Cena... where over and accomplished before they got the main title. The only one I can remember where it seemed pretty quick was Bork, but he was an unstoppable monster, I still didn't like that he got pushed to high heaven at the time.

So what has Roman accomplished outside of a weak RR win? At this point I don't care much, it's obvious that the WWE has had trouble building up a consistent top star/upper mid card stable of people.

Messier75

Neo Member
Just received this in an email as a New York Mets season ticket holder

hcSooH7Sv70NL_cLG-us9ARZxoIVoqeEe7_HuYW_azvwRSDfawv3Ahi-IXxZ7OKatgZUrFcqqJEEYsPHAnn5HAVG5hqQtr9eT0U0bZhnLJ2VY817CnqmhMMD_udxrU8TR58kzkDQv-s=s0-d-e1-ft

The New York Mets hospitality group, Metropolitan Hospitality, is proud to announce the first ever Legends of Wrestling event at Citi Field on Sunday, June 7th from 3pm-7pm. The event will feature over 30 professional wrestlers including Ric Flair, Bret Hart and Bill Goldberg, consist of festival entertainment along the field level concourse, photo opportunities and autograph sessions with your favorite legends and six matches in a ring set up at second base.

Tickets are $25 - $55 with $15 "VIP packages" for meet & greets

Details

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Koguma had a fantastic match with Io Shirai at that Stardom event.

Unfortunately, no one will talk about it because it's the accident event.

Ithil

The idea of "Reigns will be a big star in a year or two when he's better" is weird. He's getting the top push now, not in a year.
Another Diesel, more likely.

jmdajr

Roman hasn't flashed any kind of potential mic skill to rival Douchetista though. I give Batista a lot of shit but I thought he was solid on a microphone. I think Roman has the potential to be the next Sid Vicious. He's got the look and a few really good power moves, but keep him away from a microphone at all costs.

The first thing Batista had going for him was looks. Ring ability was always ok maybe even solid. But he was not good at the microphone at first. At all. He got better as it went along to levels I didn't think were possible.

Scottify

I watched NJPW on AXS on Friday. Davey Boy Smith, Jr. impressed me, I liked him in the ring, can't understand why he failed so badly in WWE.

Also, you can add me to the list of Nakamura fans. His match with Ibushi(?) was excellent. It was one of the more intense matches I've seen lately, just great all around.

dream

The first thing Batista had going for him was looks. Ring ability was always ok maybe even solid. But he was not good at the microphone at first. At all. He got better as it went along to levels I didn't think were possible.

Then he came back and got bullied by Daniel Bryan fans who called him "Bluetista." I think this is why we're finally starting to see pushback to Daniel Bryan fans.

Not this time, not again.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Then he came back and got bullied by Daniel Bryan fans who called him "Bluetista." I think this is why we're finally starting to see pushback to Daniel Bryan fans.

Not this time, not again.

Remember how Daniel Bryan unprofessionally mocked Lesnar's attendance despite Lesnar only doing the legal thing and fulfilling his contract?

Patryn

Do smarks understand that booing Reigns will likely not change anything? If they really wanted to short-circuit Reigns, they'd just sit on their hands.

Bowser

Do smarks understand that booing Reigns will likely not change anything? If they really wanted to short-circuit Reigns, they'd just sit on their hands.

Sitting on their hands isn't going to change anything either, so might as well voice their displeasure.

Fact is nothing is going to change until someone other than Vince wrests control.

Sephzilla

Oh, speaking of movies I watched this weekend. I finally got around to watching the RoboCop reboot this weekend.

I never went and saw the reboot in theaters or bought on bluray because I just had no ambition to see a movie destined to fail my expectations, that and the trailers made it look bad. After watching RoboCop 3 and remembering how awful RoboCop can actually be when done poorly I gave the reboot another chance.

Eh, it wasn't RoboCop 3 level bad but the movie did absolutely nothing to stand out. I'd say RoboCop 3 had more stand out moments (albeit for the wrong reasons). It definitely was inferior to RoboCop and RoboCop 2 though.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

It's like they learned nothing from John Cena. It's why I can no longer feel pity for it. You keep showing up, you keep watching, you take whatever Vince McMahon tells you to take.

Zach

You motherfuckers are the Bootaaay/Mr Luchador of this thread.

The book is amazing because it's just fucking GOOD to hear all these crazy tales. Gart Hart was involved with some fucking ROUGH people and he does a great job painting a pictures of what it was really life, with no real "I was a boy age 5 growing up at..." but instead dives right into his shit, which helps because he BEGAN his career in some crazy shit.

It's just fucking good.

I see, I see.

I'm down.

Yep.

Oh, speaking of movies I watched this weekend. I finally got around to watching the RoboCop reboot this weekend.

I never went and saw the reboot in theaters or bought on bluray because I just had no ambition to see a movie destined to fail my expectations, that and the trailers made it look bad. After watching RoboCop 3 and remembering how awful RoboCop can actually be when done poorly I gave the reboot another chance.

Eh, it wasn't RoboCop 3 level bad but the movie did absolutely nothing to stand out. I'd say RoboCop 3 had more stand out moments (albeit for the wrong reasons).
The movie had an abrupt climax and ending. Michael Keaton just turned weirdly evil.

What was the Stang sign from last night referencing?

Don't tell me Sting, I am not stupid I know that.

Remember that Raw where Sting appeared, and that distraction was enough to let lolcenawins happen so Dolph/Rowan/Ryback could get reinstated, and HHH spent the next 3 minutes screaming STANG into a microphone

That. That's what it's referencing.

Xater

Eh, it wasn't RoboCop 3 level bad but the movie did absolutely nothing to stand out. I'd say RoboCop 3 had more stand out moments (albeit for the wrong reasons). It definitely was inferior to RoboCop and RoboCop 2 though.

RoboCop 3 was offensively bad. The remake just had nothing of it's own to bring to the table. There really wasn't any new interesting satire (in fact it wasn't biting enough in it's retread), there was no violence, or any other new ideas. The only memorable thing that stuck with me was Murphy hanging there outside of the RoboCop suit. It's a serviceable film but if you can chose you should watch the original.

Sephzilla

The movie had an abrupt climax and ending. Michael Keaton just turned weirdly evil.

Yeah, a couple of the bad guy motivations really made no sense.

RoboCop 3 was offensively bad. The remake just had nothing of it's own to bring to the table. There really wasn't any new interesting satire (in fact it wasn't biting enough in it's retread), there was no violence, or any other new ideas. The only memorable thing that stuck with me was Murphy hanging there outside of the RoboCop suit. It's a serviceable film but if you can chose you should watch the original.

I'm probably going to do a LTTP about it later so I'll save more of my thoughts for that. But you're pretty on point here. The RoboCop reboot doesn't do anything bad but it doesn't do anything good. At worst it strips out a lot of the charm and appeal of the original and doesn't replace it with anything substantial at all. Sam Jackson's Novak character was a pretty good satirical character at the start but about midway through the movie he stops being a good satire of modern news and becomes a supervillain mouthpiece, which ruins it.

And yeah, RoboCop 3 is offensively bad to the point where I'm stunned the franchise limped on after that.

Oh yeah? I watched it this weekend as well.

I thought it was pretty good.

Had me laughing a little bit as well.

I like that the main fight between Beerus and everyone starts because Majin Buu refuses to give him pudding.

Ithil

It's like they learned nothing from John Cena. It's why I can no longer feel pity for it. You keep showing up, you keep watching, you take whatever Vince McMahon tells you to take.

Their attendances, buyrates (not that they matter now), ratings, etc, have been dropping year over year, so that argument doesn't hold much water.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
But hey keep talking about WWE and how much you hate it, because people will get curious.

Honestly if you want to stick it to WWE, don't pay, don't watch, don't talk about their product. Completely ignore it.

But nobody wants to go that far. They'll hatewatch - wwe still wins. They'll only support the WWE wrestlers they like - WWE still wins. They'll "only watch NXT" - WWE wins again.

Bottom line is not very many people are willing to cut WWE -entirely- out of their lives, and WWE wins.

Personally I really like WWE's product right now. I have no qualms about being a subscriber because it's worth watching for many different reasons, for me. YMMV though, and that's fine.

Cagey

Banned
Because of the way ratings work, this isn't even a good way to do it. If you aren't a Nielsen family, what you watch is irrelevant.

That always holds true, but with the advent of the WWE Network, there's a new means of boycotting that would show up in their numbers.

Don't subscribe to the Network.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Their attendances, buyrates (not that they matter now), ratings, etc, have been dropping year over year, so that argument doesn't hold much water.
Doesn't matter. Vince doesn't have competition, so he'll coast. Hasn't mattered since WCW folded. Don't like something? Oh well, we'll still have enough business to keep afloat and not be worth taking a risk on anything.

some awesome shots
kZ1X7

CNeCH

warning: jun in hd
Ktaxa

u64Mc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom