• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February Wrasslin' |OT2| Where TNA Careers Never Existed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gorillaz

part of me still feels like half that crowd thought when they were buying tickets for Fastlane they thought it was a car show until they got there

Sephzilla

If Roman ever turns heel and turns into suit-wearing NXT Roman, The Usos should turn heel too and become his henchmen

Usos turning heel wouldn't change my opinion about them what so ever because they'd still be real life spoiled shits who are high flyers that can barely clear the top rope.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
In other recent events I'm disappointed that the WWE Network has totally missed Paul Orndorff's story with Hulk Hogan during 1986. They've sort of got his Face Turn covered after Wrestlemania 2, but after that there's very little shown of him teaming/befriending Hogan and then eventually turning on him and going Heel again.

I'm more annoyed at the lack of non-WWF stuff. Well, I'm generally annoyed at the lack of a TON of stuff. Like a lot of the WCW stuff, a lot of the minor league show stuff you can't find anymore like WCW Pro Wrestling, There's more prime time wrestling on MonsoonClassic than on WWF Network. What the fuck is that? Where's Tuesday Night Titans?

And Orndorff and Ernie Ladd had a feud in Georgia I really want to see. Apparently it's what made Vince and company notice Orndorff. I want to see that, but it's not online.

LL

Zach

BTW, irrational pet peeve time. Something that I noticed during Fastlane...
11017129_10152758899066443_6133856894761810641_n.png

Anchor tattoo's. Terribly uninspired, shitty, tattoo choice.

Might as well just put a butterfly on his ankle.

I noticed that last night and wondered if it was for his dad, Captain Mike... I'm serious here.

Sephzilla

Guys, who the fuck is going to fight Big Show and Kane at WrestleMania (assuming they dont fight each other)? Because you fucking know Vince is going to find a match for them.

I'm more annoyed at the lack of non-WWF stuff. Well, I'm generally annoyed at the lack of a TON of stuff. Like a lot of the WCW stuff, a lot of the minor league show stuff you can't find anymore like WCW Pro Wrestling, There's more prime time wrestling on MonsoonClassic than on WWF Network. What the fuck is that? Where's Tuesday Night Titans?

And Orndorff and Ernie Ladd had a feud in Georgia I really want to see. Apparently it's what made Vince and company notice Orndorff. I want to see that, but it's not line.

I haven't hit the WCW 'wall' yet, but then at the same time they only have PPVs from WCW during the 80s. There's no other programming from them, even if under the JCP banner. I'll be honest, I'm not too sure on when the lines between JCP/WCW crossed over, as I didn't get into WCW until the early 90s (thank you Pat Sharp!).
Yet the clips they show of Flair in that little studio right infront of the ring always makes me want to see entire shows.

If you find the Orndorff/Ladd feud let me know, as I'd be interested in that. I've liked Orndorff for a while simply because of his Piledriver, but having watched a bit more of his career on The Network lately I'm really starting to think he was one of the most underrated stars of the 80s.

Wrestlemania 31 |OT| I WILL cancel this time, I mean it

Burn!

#cancelmania

Chamber

love on your sleeve
I can see Ryback winning the Jobber Battle Royale this year or maybe Sheamus if he doesn't get the Bryan match.

Zach

Random things I'm thinking about buying:

• The Tallest Man on Earth complete discography
  • A smallish exercise bike for my bedroom
Thoughts/suggestions?

Alucard

Banned
Data West, if you want to PM me some NOAH happenings for the March OT, that would be rad.

Bootaaay, if you want to PM me some Euro wrestling stuff for the March OT, I'd welcome it.

Just current stories, stuff to check out, etc.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Sunflower, if you want to see some hosses go at it in 2015.

Shuji Ishikawa defends his World Strong Heavyweight title against a returning Yuji Okabayashi. This is an absolute hoss match. Channeling the spirits of Stan Hansen and Terry Gordy.

I don't mean hoss like 'oh two big guys are fighting.' I mean it is a hoss match. It is elbows, lariats, knees, punches, and a few suplexes. It is old school as hell. Mass vs Mass, burly dudes just punching each other's faces to victory.
NVGlS8e.gif

1JuRX4r.gif

As enjoyable as Kotaro/Atsushi but in a completely different style.

XenoRaven

This is a real dumb observation, but as much as I like a good lariat sending some scrawny nerd head over heels, I enjoy a fat guy taking a lariat and just falling down even more. It's the difference between bumping and just having an equally fat person knock you over.

Hahahhahaha oh god Dave speculated that because of how the Rusev/Cena match ended last night, there's a possibility of the Mania rematch being I Quit

Alucard

Banned
Sunflower, if you want to see some hosses go at it in 2015.

Shuji Ishikawa defends his World Strong Heavyweight title against a returning Yuji Okabayashi. This is an absolute hoss match. Channeling the spirits of Stan Hansen and Terry Gordy.

I don't mean hoss like 'oh two big guys are fighting.' I mean it is a hoss match. It is elbows, lariats, knees, punches, and a few suplexes. It is old school as hell. Mass vs Mass, burly dudes just punching each other's faces to victory.
NVGlS8e.gif

1JuRX4r.gif

As enjoyable as Kotaro/Atsushi but in a completely different style.

Hoof. I'll have to check this out. You post some of the best stuff, Data.

Alucard

Banned
Hahahhahaha oh god Dave speculated that because of how the Rusev/Cena match ended last night, there's a possibility of the Mania rematch being I Quit

Maybe it'll be the Cena burial specialty match: Last Man Standing. Will Rusev take an AA and get wrapped up in the Russian flag?

Toki767

Go old school with a towel match. Lana must throw in the towel for Rusev and Hogan has to throw it in for Cena.

Hogan would never throw it in for Cena.

Sephzilla

Serious question. What are the odds that Hogan gets involved in the Cena/Rusev feud and acts as a coach to Cena a la how Apollo was to Rocky in Rocky 3?

Hogan coaches Cena on the condition that Hogan gets a shot at Cena just to see how good he is

Go old school with a towel match. Lana must throw in the towel for Rusev and Hogan has to throw it in for Cena.

Hogan would never throw it in for Cena.

Hogan botches it by landing the towel on the rope.

Curt Hennig would be much more fitting for it. He'd catch the opponent's towel first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom