• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Federal judge grants stay on Trump ban for people who landed in U.S. with valid visas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you overestimate how fast banks work on weekends. Those donations weren't cash. It didn't get to anyone who actually did the work in that 24 hour timeframe yet.

You do realize nobody thought their donation yesterday was literally paying for lawyers, yesterday, right? That it all goes into a big pool, and the ACLU pulls from that pool?

Fox Mulder

That's it. I have considered it but never committed to it. I am going to buy myself some guns and when a revolution eventually breaks out I will join in.

me and my family are legal citizens but we are in the minorities and I fear for what's going to happen in the next days ahead.

You have to do whatever to put you and your family first. You can't trust in America anymore.

Nzyme32

LQt91XZ.png

https://twitter.com/Vlambeer/status/825539122358009857

Well I guess I'll support that and finally buy nuclear throne

Chococat

I think you overestimate how fast banks work on weekends. Those donations weren't cash. It didn't get to anyone who actually did the work in that 24 hour timeframe yet.

Yah, cause this was this was going to be solved in one night. Right? The ACLU doesn't need that money continue the months long legal battle they are going to fight.

Information in this thread? I large chunk of it is being made availbe because protester on the ground are helping spread the word.

If people sat home and didn't open their wallets, shit would be going at a snails pace and buried under page 10. The news loves to report things out of the norm like protest. You get them there and then they will report on the context too.

Boke1879

Jake Tapper
@jaketapper
We asked the Trump WH to provide a guest to explain the order & clear up any confusion (even within its own govt).
They declined. #CNNSOTU

they are nothing but cowards as well

Boke1879

I wish nothing but success for the protests planned for today. Hopefully it keeps a microscope on this issue.

Spicer is going to have his work cut out for him tomorrow.

Also it's time for the media to focus on Bannon. Miller as well but Bannon for sure. Make it seem like he's the one pulling the strings and that Trump is the puppet.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Can't help but read carefully worded support of Trump's narrative in the DHS press release; the bit about "a first step in reestablishing control of borders". As if everything had been out of control with unvetted people flooding with no oversight.

They are forced to say they'll comply with judicial orders, but Trump's gang will be inserting as many people as possible into every agency to insure their narrative about reality is consistent.

He and Mattis believe in our institutions and upholding the law. Not sure how long Bannon will tolerate that.

It's like Bizarro-Dr. Strangelove where the generals are the bastions of (relative) sanity and restraint, while the (civilian) politicians are going insane gung-ho style.

FyreWulff

It's like Bizarro-Dr. Strangelove where the generals are the bastions of (relative) sanity and restraint, while the (civilian) politicians are going insane gung-ho style.

It's like that. Most of the pro BLOW UP ALL THE SHIT is civilians.

Then you walk into a military store or building that serves military and they have the military newspapers that basically constantly shit on military life and conducting war. Military oriented mags and digests and shit are some of the most anti-"being in the military is awesome" material out there.

our stepdad is ex-mil and all of our extended family members that were ex-mil took me and my brothers aside and told us to never sign up. all the non exmil fam members are otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom