• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

Bought it on the 360 and I'm tempted to double dip and get my PS4 some indie goodness. Since I never beat it originally it'll be fun to give it another go.

JayEH

Awesome opening pic for the thread lol.

I still haven't played this even though I got it for PC during one of the humble bundles. This would be awesome on the Vita so I may end up double dipping for that Cross-buy goodness.

Noogy

This will be my fifth time buying (XBLA, Steam, 2X Humble Bundle)... though I'm super excited to see it on that OLED.

Fantastic fucking game. Playing during the first week of release and discussing its mysteries with everyone as we gradually worked our way through was just magical.

First time players: Don't look up anything. It might be a bit confusing at first, but it'll come into focus.

And bring a notepad.

Edit: Spoilers -
Obviously it was brute-forced, but did we ever discover an "actual" in-game method that one could figure out the monolith puzzle?

SmokyDave

Bought it at release on 360 and never got around to playing it. Now I'm torn between playing it on Vita, and playing it in 3D on the PS4. Either way, can't wait.

ajcacio

Banned
I'm so excited for this. I've wanted to play it since it came out on the 360. Just got a Vita in February; perfect timing!

sn00zer

Im really confused by all the hate Phil gets, especially since watching Indy Game movie....guy obviously has some issues and looks like he feels constantly backed into a corner so he lashes out. He says some stupid shitty thing, but it feels like the guy is getting a ton of hate for cracking under pressure. I mean he literally got hundreds of hate mail messages a week for years, imagine having thousands of strangers constantly berate you for days on end, that would get to someone who was healthy.

WTF05.jpg

What the hell is this pic from the OP? Is he carrying that? I've had the game since it came out on 360 and have not completed it... I didn't know you could carry things :/

Interested in the game but not in that price.

Sorry, PS4; not this time.

Im really confused by all the hate Phil gets, especially since watching Indy Game movie....guy obviously has some issues and looks like he feels constantly backed into a corner so he lashes out. He says some stupid shitty thing, but it feels like the guy is getting a ton of hate for cracking under pressure. I mean he literally got hundreds of hate mail messages a week for years, imagine having thousands of strangers constantly berate you for days on end, that would get to someone who was healthy.

Can't speak for others, but the thing that sticks out for me is the story of him telling the Japanese developers at an FAQ that all of Japanese game development is trash. I don't think anyone was backing him into a corner or pressuring him in that situation.

Absolutely.

I didn't notice anything unlikable or obnoxious about him in that movie, and when I spoke to some friends about the movie, they were hating the shit out of him and even Team Meat. Then again, they are hateful jerks about a lot of things, and that callous attitude goes right along with the 'blood in the water' ruthlessness of the internet.

Ok, Polytron. You gets mah money. In for PS4 version tomorrow.

This month has been great in terms of released content on PS4 via PSN. Towerfall, Luftrausers, and now Fez.

Next month sees Octodad, Mercenary Kings, Binding of Isaac (hopefully), Outlast DLC, Child of Light, and hell maybe even Secret Ponchos? All of those are buys. Good times, my friends.

Agreed. And you didn't even mention Infamous. :D

StuBurns

Banned
I didn't notice anything unlikable or obnoxious about him in that movie
What about when he's talking about wanting to murder his former partner and ranting to the point of complete incoherence?

I really dislike Phil Fish, every time I've seen him interview he comes across as just the worst guy. Not that it makes any difference to Fez.

Ridley327

Fantastic fucking game. Playing during the first week of release and discussing its mysteries with everyone as we gradually worked our way through was just magical.

First time players: Don't look up anything. It might be a bit confusing at first, but it'll come into focus.

And bring a notepad.

Edit: Spoilers -
Obviously it was brute-forced, but did we ever discover an "actual" in-game method that one could figure out the monolith puzzle?

PUZZLE SPOILERS:
Believe it or not, yes.

It makes me wonder if the solution is going to change now that the Playstation version has had some work done to it.

dcx4610

Never played but definitely was on my list of games to get. Crossbuy just sealed it. These are the kind of games that are perfect for the Vita.

Never played it after all this time. Really looking forward to picking this up tomorrow. (For free no less, given that I'll use my $10 back from the PSN promotion on it.)

Top Bottom