• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

phil-fish-tweet.jpg

I don't even see this as Phil being an ass despite it being the most used "example" of Phil being a dick or something.

The guy insulted him first. He insulted back. No prob man.

On topic: Really debating buying this again. I kinda want to replay it but I feel like a lot of the magic will probably be gone since I already know most of the secrets and stuff.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member

I really hope he's getting help for anger management and whatever other thing he has, he is most definitely a skilled person and it'd be shame that he doesn't do another game.

I look forward to buy this game!

What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Nearly everyone who played advices people to stay away from the guides and some of you idiots are sharing puzzle solitions in a thread where most of the posters are gonna experience it for the first time?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
What the fuck is wrong with you guys? Nearly everyone who played advices people to stay away from the guides and some of you idiots are sharing puzzle solitions in a thread where most of the posters are gonna experience it for the first time?

I agree.

Even the earliest puzzles had you carrying crates.

What the fuck? Does the game even tell you that? I've played it for loads of hours and I never knew you could carry things, I just passed those puzzles by 'cause I assumed you unlocked some powers later on :(

EDIT: I've just asked my GF, she plays it and she didn't know you could carry things either :/

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
The solutions are pretty impossible to remember. I'd they wanted to cheat the puzzles, they'd do it with or without people posting here. I feel like everyone will forget what's what when they start playing. Unless the spoiler is the existence of the puzzles.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Very curious about this game, great OP too! Thanks, subbed.

Just play it. I know you'll love it, it's an amazing game, really!

you love everything on the vita anyway, lol :p

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
How is the frame rate on the Vita? Any Infoseek or impressions?

RaikuHebi

Banned
Does cross-save transferring require being on the highest Vita firmware?

I ask because I'm running a PSP exploit so I don't want to upgrade.

If this is the case then I'll buy Fez on my US account.

Edit: It requires signing in to PSN.

CassSept

I heartily recommend the game to everyone. I finally got around to playing it earlier this month and it was brilliant. Phil Fish was unstable, perhaps, but the product he has made is truly an impressive feat and it does not deserve the hate and the berating it got over it's maker's few stupid comments.

PUZZLE SPOILERS:
Believe it or not, yes.

It makes me wonder if the solution is going to change now that the Playstation version has had some work done to it.

Holy carp what

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Oh... i see... well i'll buy it for my lowly PS3, and Vita for the moment, once i buy a PS4 then i'll download it for that one as well.

Thanks for clarifying.
It does sound like the game runs much better on PS3 (and Vita/PS4) compared to the original.

The 360 version was a technical mess. It ran at a frame-rate that did not sync up with a 60 Hz refresh rate properly (something like 58 fps) so there were constant skips throughout play. Furthermore, moving between areas resulted in lots of stuttering and hitches on top of massive sound drop outs and other audio glitches.

Blit corrected these issues and the game now runs at a proper 60 fps. If the PS3 version is only 720p but actually runs properly now then it will be a great version. Running at higher than 720p doesn't really increase visual fidelity all that much do to the way the game is designed.

dan2026

Are some of the puzzles so obtuse that I have to go on the internet for solutions?
Or is it possible to work them out yourself?

Billen

Banned
I have this for the 360, however I prefer to play games like this with the Dpad, which utterly sucks on the 360 controller. Tempted to double dip.

Afrodium

Banned
This is showing up as $12.99 I thought it was supposed to be $10 for plus users?

I'm seeing that too. My guess is that the game hasn't actually "gone live" yet as you can only see it by searching. It will probably be promoted on the storefront later today with the PS+ discount active.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Ahhh I've decided to go with European version now, would be a waste to not be able to play it on my Vita. I'll just use the free $10 for a future purchase.

PSBlog confirmed it as €10, which a commenter estimates as £8 or £6.29 with Plus.

PUZZLE SPOILERS:
Believe it or not, yes.

It makes me wonder if the solution is going to change now that the Playstation version has had some work done to it.

Woooow. I never knew that a non-brute-force solution had been found. That's fucking bonkers.

This game is amazing. To anyone who has not yet had a chance to choke on it, I suggest you do so immediately. Get yer graph paper.

What about when he's talking about wanting to murder his former partner and ranting to the point of complete incoherence?

I really dislike Phil Fish, every time I've seen him interview he comes across as just the worst guy. Not that it makes any difference to Fez.

I think that's pretty normal. The movie gives plenty of context and background information as to why he would be on edge.

Slixshot

Banned
I don't even see this as Phil being an ass despite it being the most used "example" of Phil being a dick or something.

The guy insulted him first. He insulted back. No prob man.

On topic: Really debating buying this again. I kinda want to replay it but I feel like a lot of the magic will probably be gone since I already know most of the secrets and stuff.

Buy it. Relive it's glory :)

ChuckNyce

Looks like the PS Plus discount is showing up when searching via the webstore (US). Comes out to $9.74

Edit: WOOT, I'm no longer a junior :)

Goliath

Man has anyone seen the documentary Indie Video Game on Netflix.

It follows the devs for Fez, Super Meat Boy and interview the dev for Braid. As they deal with working with limited resources and releasing their game on time.

Phil's interview was especially disturbing. After listing all the things that had happened to him in his life recently (GF left him, Dad diagnosed with Cancer and beats it but his parents get divorced, etc..) he is asked by one of the interviewers how important this games success is. His answer was basically (paraphrasing from memory) "If I can't finish this game and garner success my career is gone and I will Kill myself. So my motivation for finishing Fez and making it a success is so I don't have to kill myself.?"

He said this with a straight face and everything.

It follows the devs for Fez, Super Meat Boy and interview the dev for Braid. As they deal with working with limited resources and releasing their game on time.

Phil's interview was especially disturbing. After listing all the things that had happened to him in his life recently (GF left him, Dad diagnosed with Cancer and beats it but his parents get divorced, etc..) he is asked by one of the interviewers how important this games success is. His answer was basically (paraphrasing from memory) "If I can't finish this game and garner success my career is gone and I will Kill myself. So my motivation for finishing Fez and making it a success is so I don't have to kill myself.?"

That's really the defining scene of the whole movie in my opinion.

Phil basically went through hell and back to get the game out there. If 5 years worth of work was wasted while my entire social group imploded around me, I might have suicidal thoughts as well.

Very impressive documentary. Anyone should watch it. These guys are under a lot of strain. Personally, I loved FEZ and was sad Phil left.

Ridley327

Looks like the PS Plus discount is showing up when searching via the webstore (US). Comes out to $9.74

Edit: WOOT, I'm no longer a junior :)

Thanks for the heads up. I'll probably be chiming in on how well the Vita version performs as soon as its done downloading here.

Shin-Ra

PlayStation launch trailer:

http://youtu.be/bXvE52hPYmY

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/03/25/dimension-bender-fez-out-today-on-ps4-ps3-vita/
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/03/25/fez-arrives-ps3-ps4-ps-vita-week/
  • Fez is cross-buy for all three platforms.
  • There is a cross-save slot which shares your progress across PS3, PS4 and PSVita.
  • The regular price is $12.99, but if you are a PlayStation Plus member and purchase it before April 2nd, you get 25% off and pay $9.74 instead!
  • The regular price is €9.99, but if you are a PlayStation Plus member and purchase it before 2nd April, you get an additional 20% off!

Top Bottom