• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez |OT| Vita/PS3/PS4

Message directly to Sony:

Was on the fence about this game before I found out it was crossbuy
Now confirmed
= Crossbuy sold me on the game

Keep that shit up, it is one of the best fucking initiatives you've ever put together

Ridley327

i never got the chance to try this game. GAF, is it really worth the hype/ attention?

On its surface, it's a platformer with good aesthetics. Dig into it, and it's a rather expansive adventure game that has you doing things you never imagined you would be doing for a video game in this decade, and it boasts one of the most fascinatingly detailed worlds of any game out there. There's really no easy comparison to make for the game.

I love this game so much. I still don't understand the secret language in it so beating it on Ps4 will be a challenge. Maybe someone here can help me during my stream tomorrow lol.

Replicant

fezSuckMyDick.jpg

Will do. Love Dicks.

megalowho

Why a fez hat? I don't like Shriners will I still like this?
Because it's cute and makes Gomez stand out from the other characters. Nothing to do with anything Shriner related.

i never got the chance to try this game. GAF, is it really worth the hype/ attention?
It's up there for me, one of my most memorable gaming experiences of the last few years. Not for everyone's tastes, it's less of a platformer and traditional puzzle game than it seems
(it's better)
. A game that keeps on giving the deeper you dig into it and a pretty fantastic audiovisual experience at face value if nothing else.

hawk2025

Heh, I still remember when Fez was included in a Humble Bundle and a few people posted pictures about how they had changed the dev/charity sliders just to not give any money to Fez.

I went ahead and bought five copies of it and distributed to everyone I knew to compensate :)

Cannot wait to play this again on the PS4 in 3D.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
How long is the game?

Ridley327

How long is the game?

Your first playthrough is going to clock in at around 4 hours. You can't get all of the cubes in one run, so the game has a NG+ that's basically a continuation of the game that allows you to get the rest of them. How much longer it takes on top of that depends on how well you can solve the more involving puzzles the game has to throw at you, and possibly your patience for timer-based releases for a certain set of puzzles.

Artorias

Banned
Heh, I still remember when Fez was included in a Humble Bundle and a few people posted pictures about how they had changed the dev/charity sliders just to not give any money to Fez.

I went ahead and bought five copies of it and distributed to everyone I knew to compensate :)

Cannot wait to play this again on the PS4 in 3D.

You sure showed them, lol.

Interested in the game but not in that price.

Sorry, PS4; not this time.

Can't speak for others, but the thing that sticks out for me is the story of him telling the Japanese developers at an FAQ that all of Japanese game development is trash. I don't think anyone was backing him into a corner or pressuring him in that situation.

Did you actually see the clip? It's pretty obvious he's being overly harsh to be funny. He's very dry and sarcastic, and that's why so many people hate him. They just see the stuff he says quoted in articles, and don't actually see watch him say it. I thought he seemed like an ass too, until I watched IG:TM.

hawk2025

Did you actually see the clip? It's pretty obvious he's being overly harsh to be funny. He's very dry and sarcastic, and that's why so many people hate him. They just see the stuff he says quoted in articles, and don't actually see watch him say it. I thought he seemed like an ass too, until I watched IG:TM.

The moment in the movie when he misunderstands the amount of shares/likes on Facebook is heartbraking.

There was a lot of passion in that first public showing of the game.

Artorias

Banned

Until? Lol, good lord.

Top Bottom