• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FEZ | Spreadsheet Version OT |

Salsa

i20MLTOfHc8BY.png

K so. You all know what this game is. If not, here's wikipedia.

This is a thread for the PC version

The reasoning behind this OP, wich in itself seems kinda pointless, is that a number of people seem to be interested in recreating the experience of when the game first came out, wich basically involved the internet getting together and figuring out the puzzles and secrets.

This is now ruined because everyone figured out everything and it's all out there in the internet.

Even though it's something that could very well not work, I decided to create a Steam group devoted to getting as close to that original release experience as possible.

The group is private and you can only access it by requesting an invitation from me (I will give this authority to a couple more people).

You must be completely certain you want to embark on this thing if you request an invitation and have NO prior knowledge of the game's puzzles (hence why it's private).

How to manage this: if you want in on the group, post saying as much here and link to your steam id (or PM me if you dont want it public) so I can correlate that we dont get anyone in there trying to spoil it.

The group will be handled as a "closed community" of sorts. It'll be encouraged to simply make discussion threads on stuff as we go on and try to crack the thing. Obviously no one can tell if people are being legitimate about this but whatever man it's fun.

Otherwise feel free to use this thread to discuss whatever else regarding the PC version, but still put your shit on SPOILER TAGS

Steam group:

again: be certain that you wanna experience the game this way if you're gonna request an invite.

4-phil-fish-attacks__medium.jpg

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
That image always gets me.

EDIT: You should also list that GOG has it on pre-order too. /stealthantidrm

gdt

I played a tiny bit of the 360 version....but I'd rather have it on steam. Will probably rebuy and play with you duders.

TheExodu5

Banned
Was going to cancel my pre-order for now and wait to get it on the cheap...but now that you propose the Steam group thing I'm tempted to buy it now.

antitrop

I have no idea what this game is or why people hate this guy so much.

Maybe I should watch that documentary and play the game.

Noogy

This is a good idea. I love Phil and Renaud and bought FEZ on 360 at launch, but due to my schedule never actually got very far and missed the whole community discovery process.

This will be my second chance to get in on that experience.

Feep

Banned
Amazing OT.

I was able to play this game before release, to review it, and I wholly endorse this idea. It was an experience I haven't had since pre-2000. There were a bunch of puzzles, and I COULDN'T ASK ANYONE FOR HELP. It was nuts. And awesome.

Sober

I mean ... I guess I could ... goddamn it Salsa, I wanted out but that picture of Wilmer Valderrama makes me want to ignore everything bad about this and dive in.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
The image at the top of the OP always makes me laugh, it's too damn perfect.

God damn it, I really don't want to have to front the dough for this right goddamn now but the thought of being able to sink my teeth into the metagame live with GAFers is really tempting. I do know at least two or three things about the puzzles thanks to my buddy who played on 360, so I guess this means I am out of the treehouse.

Curse you, Salsa.
I wouldn't willfully spoil things, but I would have a hand up above others in at least a few spots.

tokkun

Are the puzzles in this game really so tough that you can't solve them on your own? I don't have any trouble with games like Braid.

Also, what sort of puzzles are we talking about? Normal game-type puzzles, or like the sort 'hidden message' crowd puzzle type of stuff Valve and Bungee do for viral marketing of some of their games, or something else?

Feep

Banned
Are the puzzles in this game really so tough that you can't solve them on your own? I don't have any trouble with games like Braid.

Also, what sort of puzzles are we talking about? Normal game-type puzzles, or like the sort 'hidden message' crowd puzzle type of stuff Valve and Bungee do for viral marketing of some of their games, or something else?
Mostly the latter.

Sober

From what I gleaned from the guys on Idle Thumbs talking about it, there are some interesting puzzles that involve learning some of the stuff you see in game
not sure if it's spoilers but there is an entire alphabet or something iirc that exists

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
We've had confirmation that it scales fully to 1080p. No letterboxing.

Internally or through your monitor?

I found this:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=55063504&postcount=4348

Edit: Seeing as you replied to it I guess it wasn't confirmation enough, sorreh

Yeah, this is why I'm asking here, in case there's been any new word on it. That guy in the Steam thread makes it sound like there will be giant black bars along every dimension.

jondy1703

Neo Member
I wish I could erase my experience of this game to have it fresh in my mind and partake in this community. Alas, I cannot, so someone else do so in my stead.

It is a wonderful game. I will be rebuying it.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My 2012 Game of the Year.

PC dudes should totes get in on this. Do try to solve things yourself before looking for help though.

Great idea for a group and I hope it works out.
We ain't gonna looking for help online, that's why we're doing our own closed treasure hunt :p

I hope the prize, or whatever it is, is worth it. A special message from Fish, or something like that.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
I am really excited to finally play this. I preordered it on Steam.

The only thing I really hate about it is the horrible horrible "anti-Phil Fish" group that has formed in the past year. It's like "I get it, you hate the guy and won't buy his game. Shut the flying fuck up about it."

I hope it runs well enough in Parallels since there isn't a Mac version.

tokkun

Mostly the latter.

I see. I have never really gotten into the Da Vinci code-type stuff with things like Portal 2, but I think that's mostly a motivational issue. What is the motivation to solving such puzzles in Fez? Are they necessary to make progress? Or is it just "because it is there"?

Rlan

I'm interested to see how the game deals with
the puzzles that require the use of the Xbox 360 controller's rumble feature
with the PC version.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
We ain't gonna looking for help online, that's why we're doing our own closed treasure hunt :p

I hope the prize, or whatever it is, is worth it. A special message from Fish, or something like that.

Better end prize than Curiosity!

I hope it's a temp tattoo from a box of cracker jacks or something

Top Bottom