• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FEZ | Spreadsheet Version OT |

Coconut

Banned
Didn't the 360 version run at 30fps though?

I don't feel like fez is a game dependent on a higher frame rate. It's not like you are trying avoid latency in inputs or counting frames in the animation to like in a fighting game. I know the PC version runs at 58 FPS with the occasional dip. I can't run fraps on my 360 so I can't tell you what the average FPS is on the 360.

1upmuffin

Is there any reason to get this on the Steam sale if I already own the 360 version and got something like 203% (if I recall)?

One of the main reasons I'm even thinking about it is because the Xbox One not being BC and thus not playing XBLA games has actually convinced me to rebuy those games on Steam so I can keep playing them on future computers. Another reason is usual PC advantages like scalable resolution and frame rate.

I'm hearing however that the PC version is actually still locked at 720p.

I bought it again and it looks really nice on a monitor, and I'm enjoying playing it again. Wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't on sale though.

Well, I just picked this up, and as I am sensitive to framerate, immediately noticed that it was juddering (from the very first menu), like it's almost 60fps but not quite. For many it would be unnoticeable, but for me it's a constant distraction and I have no desire to play it like this.

I google 'fez stutter', and find this topic:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/224760/discussions/0/828937546146648542/#p1

So it seems I am not alone. A user called CruelToot apparently made a DLL to address this, but the link is dead.

Can anyone help?

Ah. Turns out this fix was added into a patch. I just had to add "--force-60hz" into the Steam launch options and now it's allll smoooth.

Yay!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Ah. Turns out this fix was added into a patch. I just had to add "--force-60hz" into the Steam launch options and now it's allll smoooth.

Yay!

It's not perfect though. For users with 120hz monitors, -force-60hz runs the game at double speed.

GlamFM

Banned
OK, so it seems I´ve hit a wall in this game.

I think I´ve collected everything I could.

There is one thing I can interact with and one giant area where there was nothing I could do.

Bell Tower - no clue... The area behind the 8 cubes door - no fucking clue.

Can someone point me towards a solution or a site that might help without spoiling the entire game?

Thank you!

I need a hint!

In this room (I'm assuming just this image doesn't really spoil anything)

224760_2013_07_19_00001_by_realghostvids-d6e4m0m.gif

I know what shape each direction/rotation/jumping makes but can't... do anything in this room. I've tried recreating that line of shapes backwards, upside down, from the top, from the bottom, from the side... What gives?

EDIT: Never mind! I'm an idiot!

eerik

Banned
Bought it today and played a bit...

The problem is that this bastard is terribly windowboxed with black bars when I play it in full screen at 1680x1050 resolution: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136089780/2013-07-25_00001.jpg
I tried all the other possible resolutions too but they're all windowboxed, 1366x768 had the smallest bars: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/136089780/2013-07-25_00002.jpg

Any way to fix this to fill the screen?

Update:
Nevermind, I messed with my monitor and GPU settings, now it scales to fill the screen when I play it at 1280x720.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Second day I've been playing this and man am I hooked. This game is amazing, filled with great design. I'm up to 27 light cubes. Some random musings concerning all the weird stuff:
- No idea how to deal with the code language for now but I guess that will come.
- Same with the treasure maps.
- I've collected one of those artifacts (writing?) and I'm clueless so far what the use is.
- Some rooms have treasure chests that are way out of reach, and there seems to be no way to get that high. Hmmm
- Talked to a few owls spouting cryptic language. They fly away, game saves. I have encountered an owl statue saying 'find the owls' or something, so I guess I'll keep searching for them.
- Then there's the really weird stuff. In one area it got dark and suddenly I could see a golden door outline like the mines of Moria! Couldn't open it though. And in this same area, I entered a random ('correct') LT/RT combo and got one of those dark cubes out of nowhere. WHAT

In short, this game

jackie-chan.jpg

I love it SO much though. I got home from work, started playing a bit and poof, it's midnight. I'm completely drawn into the world.

Slavik81

Argh. I have
2 negative cubes left
, and I'm stuck. In the
boiler room at the start of the game
, why am I missing
input #3
, and why do I have
#13 (the one you find with the glasses)?

I'm pretty sure
I figured out how to count properly.
I tried to cheat by
trying every possible input for 3
... but still nothing.

Any hints? I was hoping to beat it without help, but these last couple are really killing me.

Gattuso

So the game keeps freezing as soon as I try to leave Gomez's room
after the second "reboot"
. Any idea as to what's causing this?

So how much of this game devolves into deciphering? I think I just started getting into those puzzles and I really don't care for it. The platforming was good but this, not so much.

Randam

playing the steam version which i bought during the winter sale.
played the xbla version when it came out.

kinda stuck now i think.

there are this pillars with emblems on them.
you have to press controller buttons to make it work.
where do i find out, what the symbols mean?

not too many spoilers please.

EasyMode

playing the steam version which i bought during the winter sale.
played the xbla version when it came out.

kinda stuck now i think.

there are this pillars with emblems on them.
you have to press controller buttons to make it work.
where do i find out, what the symbols mean?

not too many spoilers please.

Tetris-shaped symbols?

Hint:
One of the classrooms in the game shows how to read those symbols. From there, you have to figure out which input the symbol corresponds to. It's not hard to guess, and you should give it a try in that room.

The classroom is in the 8 cube door area (looks like a dark, rainy city).

Randam

all i need to know to find out what the tetris symbols mean is in that room?

i am in it right now and have no idea.

edit: found an other path where haven been befor.
will check there first.

Jintor

i'm lost as fuck and don't know what I'm doing anymore. But I sure have a lot of shiny cubes

gonna trawl the thread

/edit okay, could anyone give me a non-spoilery hint as to where to begin deciphering... well... anything? And I mean, like, where to BEGIN. I don't even know what the tetronimos mean in the post a few posts above.

/edit got me a dogfox cipher. Hopefully that jumpstarts me...

Randam

later in the game, you will find a pillar, that tells you what the tetronimos mean.
but it takes some time, till you get there.

i thought i was stuck, but i missed a door.

Top Bottom