• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez (XBLA)|OT| If you have no interest in discussing the game, don't enter the thread

GhaleonEB

Does any one else get a little bit of motion sickness from this game? The rotating platforms in particular left me feeling a little queasy.

I've found that I'm fine so long as I'm the one controlling the rotating, because I can anticipate the movement and the direction. But when I'm on something that's rotating on its own, it affects me differently. It's the same way when I'm in a car; I get motion sick as a passenger but not as a driver.

Tain

I saw the consistent stuttering (1 or 2 frames dropped each second at a set interval) on both 720p and 1080p right from the get-go in the trial. I would be kinda shocked if there were people NOT getting this stutter.

The area transitions also seem to stutter a bit (different, heavier stutter, like blocked HD access or something) on both.

Zane

So I have three areas on the map I haven't been to yet and I'm missing one cube bit to have all 32 yellow cubes. Still working on anti-cubes -- I have 19 of those. Two artifacts and some... weird block that doesn't show up in my inventory, which I got from the observatory. But this last cube bit is driving me nuts so it has to be in one of the rooms I haven't been in yet.

1) One room is connected to the island with a lone tree on it. I need all 64 cubes to open the door to this room.

2) One room is connected to the 4x4 grid room in the crypt area.

3) And the last room is connected to this art gallery inside a huge building near the clock tower. What do I do in this art gallery to get to the room it's connected to? There are like paintings of areas I've been to and what looks like a furnace. The furnace appears to have an opening I should be able to go through. But I can't. Help please!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I saw the consistent stuttering (1 or 2 frames dropped each second at a set interval) on both 720p and 1080p right from the get-go in the trial. I would be kinda shocked if there were people NOT getting this stutter.

The area transitions also seem to stutter a bit (different, heavier stutter, like blocked HD access or something) on both.

I was getting a lot of stutter in the demo but not the full game...which is weird. I do get stutter on autosave and on transitions(I'm guessing this is from loads).

Zomba13

I've found a sure fire way to crash the game: When holding onto a ledge if you rotate so that the ledge you are hanging onto is now where the camera is the game will crash.

EDIT: I should have mentioned it was in a room, not outdoors.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I've found a sure fire way to crash the game: When holding onto a ledge if you rotate so that the ledge you are hanging onto is now where the camera is the game will crash.

EDIT: I should have mentioned it was in a room, not outdoors.

trying that now, no crash or slow down

Feep

Banned
But there's nothing there. It says to hear the owls, see the effigy, assemble the parliment, So I've got all 4 owls, went to their statue in the end villiage, and back to where they all stand, and nothing...
Huh. When all four owls landed at the big owl statue in lightning land, a little jingle sounded and a door opened on the back...not sure what's wrong.

Ridley327

Boy, you guys better hope the rumble on you controllers still work just fine for two of the anti-cubes in the sewers. Easily the most genius implementation of the dual motors since MGS1.

Rlan

Huh. When all four owls landed at the big owl statue in lightning land, a little jingle sounded and a door opened on the back...not sure what's wrong.

Yeah, nothing there. Also if I load a game from that room specifically, the camera is super zoomed in

No Feep, you're a bit ahead of me regarding the number translations.

However, I just found my 32nd cube... THE BOILER ROOM CUBE, YEAH BABY.

Up RT Left A Right LT Down RT

Figured it out all by myself; I demand cookies, and lots of it.

Feep

Banned

So, my 360 just red-ringed.

Is it safe to say that my savefile is gone forever?

; ;

OH MY GOD RIGHT AS THE MAN ANSWERS ME

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Double edit: uh, Chris, I tried that exact combination before? Are you sure you didn't do anything else?

Ridley327

; ;

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Double edit: uh, Chris, I tried that exact combination before? Are you sure you didn't do anything else?

Your save file should be just fine, but you obviously have a much bigger problem right now.

; ;

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I'm sure I didn't.

Your savefile should be on your HDD... what Xbox were you using? Unless you're using an old model I thought RROD was non-existant since 2008 Jaspers. :/

FINALBOSS

Banned

; ;

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

I'm seriously LOLing

feel

Went for a swim in the ocean off the lighthouse and after a couple of minutes of going in a single direction and rotating the view at random got lost out there with no way to find land in any direction. Crazy! Eventually went in a direction for long enough that rotating the camera to look forward gave me land I could get out on.

Feep

Banned
Okay, THAT WAS FUCKING STUPID.

First off, grabbed my roommate's 360 and plugged in my hard drive. It worked, sweet, back to the game.

Then I went back to the boiler room and entered the code I had tried DOZENS of times. Still nothing. Again. Still nothing.

This code, and this code only, ONLY WORKS IF YOU USE THE ANALOG STICK FOR DIRECTIONAL INPUT.

Fucking stupid.

Anyway, 64 cubes. Time to see what lies behind the final door...

aegies

Okay, THAT WAS FUCKING STUPID.

First off, grabbed my roommate's 360 and plugged in my hard drive. It worked, sweet, back to the game.

Then I went back to the boiler room and entered the code I had tried DOZENS of times. Still nothing. Again. Still nothing.

This code, and this code only, ONLY WORKS IF YOU USE THE ANALOG STICK FOR DIRECTIONAL INPUT.

Fucking stupid.

Anyway, 64 cubes. Time to see what lies behind the final door...

There were moments when I was playing for review where the bumpers stopped working completely to rotate the camera. There are very serious technical issues in this game. As evidenced by, you know, hundreds of posts in this thread.

Feep

Banned
Okay. Still more things to collect. = D

The two things are *probably* the:

"What's my name" riddle
Black floating monolith from the burnt treasure map

But there's also

The two patterns in the throne rooms and
The fact that the observatory isn't gold for me...probably a glitch though

This game just reminded me how crappy the 360 d-pad is. Its weird playing a 2D game with an analog stick, but I found it to be better than using the d-pad...

GhaleonEB

I'm starting to lose patience with Fez. After the first 15 minutes or so, there's really no learning curve: it just starts throwing cryptic shit at you that's not properly explained. I'm going past area after area with stuff I have no idea what to do with, and the way they're just plopped in with no context does not make me want to figure them out.

I'm also really struggling with world navigation. Between the world map and the travel methods, I have no idea how to get back to places I want to return to. I just sort of wander.

Some great ideas and presentation here, but the execution is beginning to wear thin.

I'm starting to lose patience with Fez. After the first 15 minutes or so, there's really no learning curve: it just starts throwing cryptic shit at you that's not properly explained. I'm going past area after area with stuff I have no idea what to do with, and the way they're just plopped in with no context does not make me want to figure them out.

I'm also really struggling with world navigation. Between the world map and the travel methods, I have no idea how to get back to places I want to return to. I just sort of wander.

Some great ideas and presentation here, but the execution is beginning to wear thin.
I am not finding the world map too bad. You know what room (cube) is connected to what so you can always go to where you need to go. And so you don't waste time going in doors you don't need to, try to match the picture of the room (cube) you are trying to go to with the preview picture that pops up when you are by a door. Didn't mean to be condescending with this post, just trying to help :)

I understood the world map and travel mechanics like 20minutes in. I personally don't understand how one can be confused for so long.

Top Bottom