• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez (XBLA)|OT| If you have no interest in discussing the game, don't enter the thread

Feep

Banned
I started getting a lot of messages on XBL, even though my friends list is almost empty and I haven't turned my console on for a year before playing FEZ.

Thought that was weird until someone asked my how I am 8th on the leaderboard with 200%.

I'm not even sure how that's possible, I still only have 31 anti-cubes. Seems bugged?

You can't solve those things until you've beaten the game.

And if you already did:
Look at the floor in the vincinity of the pillars.
Yeah, ditto. I'm tied for fourth with 203.3%. Lots of messages = D

The weird red cube you got in the observatory counts as another cube, which is giving you the extra cube needed to reach 200.0%.

Which rooms do you have yet to solve? I gotta get you to join the club.

You have the
Red cube
right, so that probably counts as an anti-cube, making it a round 200%. There arent that many people who've found near that amount of cubes, so I think its about right.

Ohhh. I thought 64 cubes were 100% and the thing was totally bugged. Now it makes more sense.

Yeah, ditto. I'm tied for fourth with 203.3%. Lots of messages = D

The weird red cube you got in the observatory counts as another cube, which is giving you the extra cube needed to reach 200.0%.

Which rooms do you have yet to solve? I gotta get you to join the club.

I'm currently manipulating the clock to get the white hand cube. I'm not getting up in the middle of the night for that. :p

And then its the usual list:
black monolith
security question

Daeda

I got all the clocks during the day.. I know the green one is around midnight.. I think I got the grey one at around 6/7

Feep

Banned
The clocks don't reveal cubes at a certain time, I think, they just move at different rates. Red is the quickest, then blue, then green, then gray.

Gray is very slow...I set an alarm for it. = D

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Ugh, Braid cloud all over again.

Genuinely think Fish took Blow's secret stars as a challenge. He's come at them in a less than impressive game design way, but I guess more cerebral 'homework' sense.

Ugh, Braid cloud all over again.

Genuinely think Fish took Blow's secret stars as a challenge. He's come at them in a less than impressive game design way, but I guess more cerebral 'homework' sense.

FEZ's puzzles aren't nearly as obscure as Braid's stars, in my opinion. You're actually given more than enough clues to solve most of them.

daycru

Reading through the thread, feeling like I'm missing a lot of the game. Nine cubes in and haven't been studying numbers or letters or writing anything down. Just light platforming and spinning the camera around.

Feep

Banned
Reading through the thread, feeling like I'm missing a lot of the game. Nine cubes in and haven't been studying numbers or letters or writing anything down. Just light platforming and spinning the camera around.
I want to avatar quote you but I'm on my phone. = D

Gowans

I'm 20+ and just done the same, I got one special cube by luck, ready to dig deep tonight tho.

BluWacky

I'm leaving that kind of thing for the end, honestly - I haven't even noticed most of the hidden stuff that's apparently there, and it's not worth pulling my hair out until I've explored everything properly and know where things are that I've missed.

Sixteen cubes down.

I think I'm almost done, should I collect everything then finish it or finish it and then collect everything?

Edit: The observatory... wut.

This game is succeeding in making me feel like a fucking idiot. I love it.

Possible spoilers for the 32 cube door...maybe?

When I walked through the 32 cube door the screen went black and the game returned me to the 360 game library, the same thing then happened when I booted it back up and selected continue. Game-killing bug? Or is Fez really that weird and this is a puzzle? >_>

Edit: definitely a bug, just attempted another load and it worked okay this time.

clockpunk

I must admit that I haven't really paid attention to the media hype or buildup around Fez - I knew the title had experienced a fairly problematic and chequered development, but... I downloaded the dmoupon coming in from work. 3 minutes with that was enough to convince me to snap up the full game at once.

PSN has Journey, XBLA has Fez. And some critics say games can not be considered art.

Wonderful experience thus far - I hope it surpasses sales expectations by a long margin.

The music, the stylistic crafting of the world, the ambience as a whole... everything just works. Just the sort of adventure game that is perfect to relax with - something I have had a hankering for.

I just went ahead and finished it.

Started New Game+
LMFAO at the new beginning! Cool new LS function, too

Best XBLA game since... Bastion, at least. Amazing. I tip my fez to you, Mr. Fish!

I've seen that people have translated the language in the game.

But I haven't seen the process of how they decoded it. Could anyone tell me how they did it?

I've seen that people have translated the language in the game.

But I haven't seen the process of how they decoded it. Could anyone tell me how they did it?

There is a forest room, where a fox jumps over a dog. The stone tablet next to it reads "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog"

Feep

Banned
Answers for the security question that should have totally worked but didn't:

Metatron
Nametron
Testfish

Goddammit.

Has anybody looked at the book artifact more closely?
The text in it seems like gibberish, but maybe its code?

The symbol on the cover looks similar to the one on the flooor of the black monolith room. I just tried setting my Xbox's date to 2001, but it only goes as far back as 2005. :(

Daeda

I just translated the entire speech of the cube god in the beginning, in case someone is interested but doesnt want to bother doing it by themselves:

Hi there, I will be your hexahedron today. This will be a routine procedure, but I need someone to help just in case something goes wrong. If something does go wrong, you are going to have to clean up the mess. Hey, wait a minute, can you even understand what I am saying. And what is wrong with your head. Oh well, you are here now, might as well do this thing. Prepare to have your mind blown.

<Gomez liften up and stuff>

All right, welcome to the club. Enjoy your free hat. I kind of thought maybe this would not work because of your weird head, but everything looks a.ok from over here. Thanks for the help, you can go home now. It was nice to meet you.

I just translated the entire speech of the cube god in the beginning, in case someone is interested but doesnt want to bother doing it by themselves:

Hi there, I will be your hexahedron today. This will be a routine procedure, but I need someone to help just in case something goes wrong. If something does go wrong, you are going to have to clean up the mess. Hey, wait a minute, can you even understand what I am saying. And what is wrong with your head. Oh well, you are here now, might as well do this thing. Prepare to have your mind blown.

All right, welcome to the club. Enjoy your free hat. I kind of thought maybe this would not work because of your weird head, but everything looks a.ok from over here. Thanks for the help, you can go home now. It was nice to meet you.

Hah, thank you x10000. Was just about to do this myself!

Vert boil

Excellent game. Trying to hunt down the last two normal bits.

The
red raising sewage/lava level
in the sewer area is irritating me at the moment. Nice that there is some challenging platforming hidden later on but *shakes fist*.

Zeppelin

The symbol on the cover looks similar to the one on the flooor of the black monolith room. I just tried setting my Xbox's date to 2001, but it only goes as far back as 2005. :(

How do I even open the book?

This game is amazing.

Thenarus

Neo Member

Use the X button to open the book, then use the top buttons to flip pages.

It seems to be gibberish, but I think the large characters might be the cipher to the messages on the back side of the page it shares print with. I'm working on it too!

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
Not really my type of game, but that doesn't mean i can't appreciate how clever and well designed it is.
Knowing myself i won't be playing it a lot, but i'll still buy to support devs.

Can't be the only one who thought of this

nebulus.gif

You and me must be the only ones then, I thought of Nebulus as soon as I started playing the demo!

I don't actually have access to an Xbox right now but I bought the game as soon as it was available. Played the demo on a friend's machine and was utterly spellbound, I can't wait to lose myself in this.

BluWacky

Hmmm.

Have appeared to get stuck with a bug that crashes the game every time I load it.

Four times I have loaded the game, the small room I was in has appeared, and then I have been dumped back to the dashboard.

That's disappointing.

Ridley327

Excellent game. Trying to hunt down the last two normal bits.

The
red raising sewage/lava level
in the sewer area is irritating me at the moment. Nice that there is some challenging platforming hidden later on but *shakes fist*.

That part is tough is especially tough in that one part (you know what I'm talking about), but I found the key to it was to
position the world in a way where they don't move out horizontally. It's much, much, much easier that way and just past that is a checkpoint for the second half of the challenge (which is substantially easier in comparison).

I just got an anti cube by mashing the triggers randomly. At the small area near the
octopus statue, there is a 4 sided glyph that lights up with tetris blocks
haven't golded the area so I guess there is another secret to be discovered there. Perhaps the anti cube was not location specific.

Still pretty clueless on the bell tower. I guess it'll come to me sooner or later, I followed Feep's initial tip about visiting
classrooms
but I guess I'm too stupid. I'm struggling to find any cubes or new areas at the moment. Probably gonna take a break and come back to it.

Knew nothing about this game other than the character and the hype before playing the trail a few minutes ago. The first time I flipped perspectives and 'got' it, I purchased immediately. It's like Paper Mario on steroids...

Zia

Leaderboards right now are 21.000 :)

Keep climbing too, guess those reviews started to hit.

I'd like to take this opportunity to point out a Metacritic ave of around 90 was prophesied by some clever girl in another thread.

Also, to anyone that hasn't started: unless you need to run through for a review, think about avoiding the Internet while you play, if possible. Especially if you have someone in your life to enjoy and discuss the game with. The game was and has been so much more impacting for me, playing as if it's 1992 again.

Zomba13

Anyone able to help me with the telescope room?
I got the red cube during my frustrated mashings but there is still a secret here and I'm sure it's to do with the tetris shapes in the stars. I've got them drawn down and I assume it's the same input as an other puzzle like this (like the dot pillars) but I don't know the order. Any hints?

EDIT: Never mind. I was an idiot and got my LT and RT signs mixed up.

Can anyone give me an hint what I have to do in the
Graveyard - Owl Cube
? I know that there has to be something and it has to do with the
moving Owl head
Do I have to give attention what the lightnings maybe reveal?

Zomba13

Can anyone give me an hint what I have to do in the
Graveyard - Owl Cube
? I know that there has to be something and it has to do with the
moving Owl head
Do I have to give attention what the lightnings maybe reveal?

You can talk to owls. There are four of them. You can check the old mans room back in the village for their locations. They come out at night.

Wow... The demo is damn awful.

I'm told the main game is far better, but the trial was a total bore.
They should've picked a better level to play in.

Top Bottom