• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fez (XBLA)|OT| If you have no interest in discussing the game, don't enter the thread

Feep

Banned
Any progress gained whilst not connected to Xbox Live will not be updated until you get ANOTHER item that advances completion percentage WHILE connected to Xbox Live.

Which is dumb, but so are a lot of things about this game.

Any progress gained whilst not connected to Xbox Live will not be updated until you get ANOTHER item that advances completion percentage WHILE connected to Xbox Live.

I think that's the case with a lot (all?) of XBLA games. If you set a time on Trials HD it won't update to the leaderboard unless you were connected to LIVE when you set it.

tw1164

I tried the demo knowing nothing about the game. I thought it was pretty fun. During the part in the demo where you learn how place the block on the switch no instructional balloons came up. I just pushed the block off thinking it would fall on the switch somehow. I had to leave and re-enter the door to get the button prompts explaining you can pick it up. I had fun with the demo, but I think I'll wait for a sale.

Rlan

Motherfucking missed the god damn white hand fuuuck.

I tried the demo knowing nothing about the game. I thought it was pretty fun. During the part in the demo where you learn how place the block on the switch no instructional balloons came up. I just pushed the block off thinking it would fall on the switch somehow. I had to leave and re-enter the door to get the button prompts explaining you can pick it up. I had fun with the demo, but I think I'll wait for a sale.

The demo doesn't do the full game justice at all.

mrplaid

Just so I'm clear on the
clock tower
puzzle:

Each of the four hands has to be pointed at 12 (but not simultaneously) for an anti-cube to appear, right?

neoism

The demo doesn't do the full game justice at all.

the demo is reallly poor. WHY didn't they do it like other XBLA games. I got the trail.. knowing I would probably get it. But when I got the first achievement, and asked me to unlock it it goes back to the dash, and I had to start over. The demo isn't even the beginning... very poorly done. ALL demos should start at the beginning of the game and I should be able to continue after I unlock it.

Ridley327

Just so I'm clear on the
clock tower
puzzle:

Each of the four hands has to be pointed at 12 (but not simultaneously) for an anti-cube to appear, right?

Yeah, that's right; the cycles are as follows:

Red hand: updates once every minute
Blue hand: updates once every hour
Green hand: updates once every 24 hours
Grey hand: updates once ever 48 hours

How long did it take you guys to finish the game once? I'm at 71% and it's taken me over 4 hours. I don't see myself playing much more as I'm an idiot and can not figure out where I'm going in this game unless I'm going from one warp to another. It's too bad I'm having such issues with navigation as I've not had one crash or stutter. =/

Ridley327

How long did it take you guys to finish the game once? I'm at 71% and it's taken me over 4 hours. I don't see myself playing much more as I'm an idiot and can not figure out where I'm going in this game unless I'm going from one warp to another. It's too bad I'm having such issues with navigation as I've not had one crash or stutter. =/

You can finish it as soon as you hit 32 cubes (doesn't matter what their makeup is), so it's really a matter of how good you are at find cubes and cube bits. FWIW, there really aren't too many of the normal cubes that are tucked away in inaccessible places like locked doors, so finding all of them isn't too much of a chore.

You can finish it as soon as you hit 32 cubes (doesn't matter what their makeup is), so it's really a matter of how good you are at find cubes and cube bits. FWIW, there really aren't too many of the normal cubes that are tucked away in inaccessible places like locked doors, so finding all of them isn't too much of a chore.
I have 19 Cubes total but I can't even figure out how to get to parts of the map I've yet to visit. Oh well Trials tomorrow. Just go straight.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I finished the game with like 28 gold cubes and the rest were the anti-cubes.

I didn't solve any of the 'puzzles' along the way, so it can be done.

NinjaBoiX

So I've been playing this for an hour or so, and I'm having real problems with navigation. I'm currently stuck at the lighthouse. I just can't find a way out that isn't back across the water. Also, what with the crystal that appears near doors?

I have a feeling I'm playing this game all wrong. Help!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
So I've been playing this for an hour or so, and I'm having real problems with navigation. I'm currently stuck at the lighthouse. I just can't find a way out that isn't back across the water. Also, what with the crystal that appears near doors?

The crystal near the doors is just showing you what's inside the door. It will only appear on doors you've already been in.

There are some sections where your only option is to go back.

Use the map. It will show grey blocks off your current location if their are unfound locations off of that one.

I'm 4 hours + in and still confused. There are many like me but I think more are figuring out how to navigatein this world. I not so smart.

Ranger X

hmm... exactly where I stopped playing! So there's a bug that prevent some instructions to appear? wow...

keit4

Banned
WTF

While i was trying to solve the observatory puzzle, a strange red block appeared, what the hell is that??

ced

I'm 4 hours + in and still confused. There are many like me but I think more are figuring out how to navigatein this world. I not so smart.

I'm like 55% and have maybe 18 gold cubes and feel like I've explored everything there is to explore more than once, I'm fucking stumped (again). I have no interest in the decoding puzzles for anti cubes etc, I just want to platform and collect gold stuff.

aku:jiki

I'm like 55% and have maybe 18 gold cubes and feel like I've explored everything there is to explore more than once, I'm fucking stumped (again). I have no interest in the decoding puzzles for anti cubes etc, I just want to platform and collect gold stuff.
You pretty much bought the wrong game for what you want.

ced

No I didn't, I've enjoyed the hell out of it so far. I'm still missing a lot of gold cubes, so I assuming I'm just missing doors in some places. All the puzzles I've solved led to anti cubes, is that not the case for all of them?

Ridley327

No, there isn't. You demo guys just didn't notice the behavior of your flying buddy and when/how you can ask him about stuff.

To be fair, it's possible to get Dot stuck on an object (typically warp gates) and have him be unable to respond to your queries unless you go to a new area.

These glitches sure do surprise.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Not really. You can finish the game with 32 without solving the thinking puzzles. I did, anyway.

When people say they have like 20 cubes and they've 'explored everything' it just means they haven't explored everything.

Look at the map.

neoism

Not really. You can finish the game with 32 without solving the thinking puzzles. I did, anyway.

When people say they have like 20 cubes and they've 'explored everything' it just means they haven't explored everything.

Look at the map.

yep.. if you're in a room look at the map IF you don't see gold trim on the map room you're in, it still has stuff in that room.

mrplaid

Yeah, that's right; the cycles are as follows:

Red hand: updates once every minute
Blue hand: updates once every hour
Green hand: updates once every 24 hours
Grey hand: updates once ever 48 hours

Thanks!

I'm still missing a handful of cube bits (I believe I have 31 regular cubes). I'm really digging the puzzle-solving aspect of Fez, but having to backtrack through areas three or four times to be sure I didn't miss anything is kind of maddening. That might be alleviated if the map were so cubersome.

lol I can't get to some of those rooms. The map is a puzzle.
I swear, it looks to me like there are rooms on the map that appear gold for me that I have NOT gotten all the cubes in and question marks around areas that contain no additional puzzles or secrets. (
The "Monacle Room/Fez Painting puzzle" in the main village, for example. I have not solved that puzzle, but I may have input the "Achievement Unlocked/Unlocking Achieved" anti-cube code in that room so it appears gold for me.
) Or maybe I'm just looking at the map "wrong" and icons that are apparently indicative of the state of one room are really icons for another room.

Zomba13

Is there a way to get the camera to just spin. Like in the Fez trailer thingies? Like, go afk for a bit? What if that is the solution to the monolith? It does spin...

Is there a way to get the camera to just spin. Like in the Fez trailer thingies? Like, go afk for a bit? What if that is the solution to the monolith? It does spin...

nah, I've spent an hour or two afk in that room, the camera doesn't spin, nothing happens, Gomez looks cute though :p

So what should your percentage be if you've gotten everything except for the monolith and
the last heart cube
? I think I'm where I should be, but I got my last two cubes offline
damn clock

So what should your percentage be if you've gotten everything except for the monolith and
the last heart cube
? I think I'm where I should be, but I got my last two cubes offline
damn clock

209 maybe? I don't know, did the same thing as you so people are jumping ahead of me on the leaderboads :(

Top Bottom