• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF XIV: Legacy & Welcome Back(Accounts must be registered by May 31st for Legacy!)

Kronotech

I'm also willing to party with you lowbies. 17 PGL trying to get back into the game after taking such a long break. I'll be on in an hour or so.

Edit: Name is Drogyn Hart

Husker86

Hmm. Just started playing again. Performance is so smooth when I'm locked on a target and fighting, but outside fights even running around in empty areas it's not very smooth.

I have an i5 2500k, and GT-260. I know the card is a bit dated, but it's weird how smooth it is in fights and not anywhere else.

I'm Creaton Damodred on Sargantas. Still low so I won't ask for a pearl yet ;)

Sofo

Hmm. Just started playing again. Performance is so smooth when I'm locked on a target and fighting, but outside fights even running around in empty areas it's not very smooth.

I have an i5 2500k, and GT-260. I know the card is a bit dated, but it's weird how smooth it is in fights and not anywhere else.

I'm Creaton Damodred on Sargantas. Still low so I won't ask for a pearl yet ;)
Just join o: We have tons of lowbies! RedDotZero is social/newbie, so you'll be very much welcome there!

I'm so happy with the game <: And some of you guys are amazing and so sweet <3 I'm THM45 now! Can't wait for AF time! è_é

Just join o: We have tons of lowbies! RedDotZero is social/newbie, so you'll be very much welcome there!

I'm so happy with the game <: And some of you guys are amazing and so sweet <3 I'm THM45 now! Can't wait for AF time! è_é

I've been trying, but I can't find anyone who plays at the same time as me (8-10 CST normally).

Husker86

Oh I thought we were doing level requirements so people that joined are most likely going to be staying and not taking up LS space while inactive.

Picked this up during the whole 8 dollar thing, and and it seems pretty fun so far even though I have no idea what I want to play.

Rolled up a dude on Sarg named Albert Landon

DrDogg

I've been itching to play, but with E3 coming up I probably won't have any time until after the show. At that point I should be on quite a bit more. I signed up for my 90 days.

Ravidrath

I've been itching to play, but with E3 coming up I probably won't have any time until after the show. At that point I should be on quite a bit more. I signed up for my 90 days.

Going to E3?

I think I've got a light schedule this year, so hopefully I can make it to the GAF meet-up.

teiresias

I'm about to hop on for a little while to do some guildleves or try to head north from Limsa, my character name is Teiresias Yuewn on Sag, so if anyone has the ability to send me a linkpearl that would be great. Not sure how long I'll be on right now, I'm expecting a call to go pick up my partner, so may not be too long.

Mature

Is there any good tutorial for the game? Just started playing and I feel completely lost, specially with the game interface.
If you go to the quest counter in the adventurers guild of your respective town, you can get Tutorial Guild leves. Though I haven't actually done them, so I can't speak on their effectiveness at teaching the game.

Been a while since I last logged on. Had end of uni stuff and moved back home yesterday. Crappy internet here though, so trying to improve my connection. Will probably try coming online tomorrow or Tuesday, see how it is!

creid

If you go to the quest counter in the adventurers guild of your respective town, you can get Tutorial Guild leves. Though I haven't actually done them, so I can't speak on their effectiveness at teaching the game.
I think those only cover crafting classes.

Azriell

I know most of GAF is on Serg, but a few of my XI friends are on Ridill, so I went there. Anyone have a social/newbie ls I can get in?

Riposte

I'd like a mod to change the title so it references the fact the Legacy campaign is restricted to accounts/characters created before May 31st.

Izayoi

Banned
I'd like a mod to change the title so it references the fact the Legacy campaign is restricted to accounts/characters created before May 31st.
Theoretically, if I were to buy the game, a 90-day sub, and just make a bunch of level 1 characters I'd be able to obtain legacy status on all of them and just wait until 2.0 comes out?

Riposte

Theoretically, if I were to buy the game, a 90-day sub, and just make a bunch of level 1 characters I'd be able to obtain legacy status on all of them and just wait until 2.0 comes out?

Yes. Not sure what is the bare minimum you'd need to do, but that should work.

kiryogi

Banned
cross post:

New producers letter. . . http://sqex.to/Dng

There have been some changes to the roadmap for version 2.0. We had planned to release a new trailer for version 2.0 at E3 this year, but instead we’ve decided to keep it under wraps for now.
(The current version of the roadmap has been updated to reflect this.)

The devs, Visual Works, Sound, PR—everyone did their part and the trailer itself was completed and ready for release at E3. But during our most recent global PR planning meeting, we came to the conclusion that the most effective way to introduce version 2.0 to the world would be with a flood of new material rather than just a trickle.

In order to make version 2.0 a success, we need to appeal to not only our current players (naturally!), but also as many new players as possible, including PS3 owners. I really am sorry for the changes to the roadmap, but I really hope you understand that they were made with appealing to as many of you as possible in mind. We want to place the highest priority on keeping the 2.0 development schedule on track and on time, and prepare a large-scale promotional campaign filled with mind-blowing stuff!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. . .

New roadmap shows it being in August now along with a marketing campaign. . . Current players are thinking wtf are their PR guys thinking missing on the biggest event before 2.0. XD

cross post:

New roadmap shows it being in August now along with a marketing campaign. . . Current players are thinking wtf are their PR guys thinking missing on the biggest event before 2.0. XD

As much as that disappoints me, I can kind of understand what they mean. If it were anything else, I imagine a trickle of information would be fine. But when it comes to XIV which has been shafted by a lot of people, you want to wow them with tons of new and exciting stuff at once in order to get more people interested and say "Oh, it actually looks like they've spent a lot of time to fix the game. Consider me interested." One trailer at E3 wouldn't have done that and probably would of only appealed to those that are currently still playing the game.

In my opinion anyway.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
cross post:

Where can we view the roadmap?

Agreed. On that note, does anyone have any recommendations on which GC to join?

I've been wondering the same thing. I just started to do the GC recruit quests and was wondering if it matters which I choose (is it easier to get parties for one company's quests?) or can I just pick the one I like from a story perspective and solo quests?

kiryogi

Banned
I've been wondering the same thing. I just started to do the GC recruit quests and was wondering if it matters which I choose (is it easier to get parties for one company's quests?) or can I just pick the one I like from a story perspective and solo quests?

Pick one based on who you like :O or whose speech you enjoyed the best.

Where can we view the roadmap?

http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/jump?name=mainmenu&id=teaser

Azriell

Their logic regarding the roadmap seems sound. A huge load of info, screens, and video might convince new people that the game is better now, but a typical trailer might get the blind eye as they think "there's a trailer for that terrible game nobody cares about".

Regardless of whether this is ultimately the right move or not, I really appreciate the transparency. At times, it almost feels as if we (the current player base) are part of the development team, what with how forthcoming the new team is.

DrDogg

Going to E3?

I think I've got a light schedule this year, so hopefully I can make it to the GAF meet-up.

I'll be working the entire time. I'm running events at the Tecmo-Koei booth the entire event and also doing IGN stuff.

You only have to have one character right?

Rootbeer

Banned
Alright. So I'm confused about rather I should sign up for for 90 days because it's not clear to me if I qualify for legacy or not. Any advice?

Okay so, i have a square-enix account for some time now, and I bought FFXIV when it was on sale for $10 on May 10th 2012 via amazon download and I registered my game code with square-enix, I then installed the game and was using my 30 days free game time to play a character I created. I set it up to auto-subscribe after the 30 days for a 90 day period via SE's really crappy account system.

Today my 30 days is up and I got an e-mail saying SE was unable to charge me (I'm still trying to figure this part out). So before I re-enter my CC details and re-attempt to get my 90 day sub, I log-in to FFXIV Lodestone site with my credentials and it immediately after logging in it displays a message "There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character."

Okay... but I had a character! Why is it gone? because my 30 days expired? I'm confused. I don't know if I qualify or not now...

I bought the game well before the 31st and had a character created, but now the character seems to be gone or something? does that mean i'm screwed.

I am not going to pay for 90 days if I don't qualify

*edit* okay and now they've locked my account for "suspicious activity" and are forcing me to reset my PW, probably because I logged in a couple times within the last 20 minutes while trying to find my way around their websites. I don't feel like giving SE any of my money after this BS.

Also, am I understanding that Only characters you have created pre-90 days get the Legacy status? or is it every character on your account, both present and future (post-2.0)?

vazel

Banned
Payment issues and a mysteriously deleted character. That does sound like the very definition of suspicious activity. SE does sell authenticators.

I'm pretty sure Legacy status is tied to your account and not to individual characters.

N.A

Banned
Alright. So I'm confused about rather I should sign up for for 90 days because it's not clear to me if I qualify for legacy or not. Any advice?

Okay so, i have a square-enix account for some time now, and I bought FFXIV when it was on sale for $10 on May 10th 2012 via amazon download and I registered my game code with square-enix, I then installed the game and was using my 30 days free game time to play a character I created. I set it up to auto-subscribe after the 30 days for a 90 day period via SE's really crappy account system.

Today my 30 days is up and I got an e-mail saying SE was unable to charge me (I'm still trying to figure this part out). So before I re-enter my CC details and re-attempt to get my 90 day sub, I log-in to FFXIV Lodestone site with my credentials and it immediately after logging in it displays a message "There are no characters on this FINAL FANTASY XIV service account. Use of the Lodestone requires an account with at least one character."

Okay... but I had a character! Why is it gone? because my 30 days expired? I'm confused. I don't know if I qualify or not now...

I bought the game well before the 31st and had a character created, but now the character seems to be gone or something? does that mean i'm screwed.

I am not going to pay for 90 days if I don't qualify

*edit* okay and now they've locked my account for "suspicious activity" and are forcing me to reset my PW, probably because I logged in a couple times within the last 20 minutes while trying to find my way around their websites. I don't feel like giving SE any of my money after this BS.

Also, am I understanding that Only characters you have created pre-90 days get the Legacy status? or is it every character on your account, both present and future (post-2.0)?

You cannot login to the lodestone unless you have an active account so that is probably why is displayed 0 characters. When you login to the square enix account management you should still see your character.

As you registered during May you will get Legacy when you subscribe for 90 days.

I sometimes get the suspicious activity message if I log in from a different IP.

Rootbeer

Banned
SE needs an authenticator app like what blizzard and bioware have. Bah.

I have checked and double checked all of my accounts, there is no suspicious activity. In fact I am very vigilant and by extension very fortunate to not have been victimized in that way despite my long history of purchasing online and playing MMORPGs.

I'll still consider paying for 90 days. I think I will wait another few weeks since the beta is not going to release for a few months.

Top Bottom