• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Rebirth on PS5 Pro is a "Night and Day Difference"

XXL

Very nice I plan to go back and get the plat on this. I missed it on FF7R and I at least want to plat one of the games in this trilogy.
I played it in performance mode on PS5, but there was a steep sacrafice in fidelity to do so.

But I'll 100% be playing it again on the Pro. It will look phenomenal even just running in PS5 fidelity mode but at 60fps.
Happy Issa Rae GIF by Insecure on HBO

Edit: it's better than fidelity mode.

Last edited:

nikos

But how does it run?

The demo looked and/or ran horribly on PS5 which is why I'm still waiting for the PC version.

I played it in performance mode on PS5, but there was a steep sacrafice in fidelity to do so.

But I'll 100% be playing it again on the Pro. It will look phenomenal even just running in PS5 fidelity mode but at 60fps.
Happy Issa Rae GIF by Insecure on HBO

Yea I did the same. I still thought it looked great but I'll always take better graphics just need that FPS to stay at 40 minimum.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Yeah ridiculous statement to make.

How did these guys play anything back in the 90s like Majoras Mask with that frame rate and stuff like that ill never know.
I like his retro videos but he is way too hyperbolic about this stuff.

That said I didn't play Rebirth yet. I did play FF7R at 30fps though.

Last edited:
I'm fine with waiting for the PC version. I have no reason to buy a Pro. Sony has been drip feeding AAA releases this gen, so why spend $700 on Pro version of a system that's entering the 2nd half of it's run?

Because I'll be selling my slim PS5 for about 350 so I'm spending like $400 for about another 3.5-4 years which is nothing to me but everyone's financial situation is different.

XXL

He's clearly trying to generate FOMO by exagerating a lot, in order to push people into buying the console. Did Sony suddenly put pressure on DF ?
He actually just saying what we have been seeing in the 4K video of the PS5 Pro presentation.

The games look better than fidelity mode, but run at 60fps if they have performance mode.

People jumped the gun and started being hyperbolic. Now they're eating crow and getting defensive.

The PS5 Pro looks to be a substantial upgrade.

Last edited:

ByWatterson

Went through in fidelity mode.

We're gonna replaaaaaaay.

I need news on FFXVI. Held off on getting the platinum (which requires a second playthrough) simply to wait for PS5 Pro.

Reactions: Isa

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Image quality was "too awful?"

Please get fucked with this hyperbole

Yeah ridiculous statement to make.

How did these guys play anything back in the 90s like Majoras Mask with that frame rate and stuff like that ill never know.

I agree, the 'too awful' part of his tweet is the first thing that caught my eye.

DF did a video on this game just a few months ago, and yes while they were critical about some technical aspects, their overall impressions at that time were fairly positive.

Just 6 months later and now one of the biggest releases of the year looks 'too awful'. Very bizarre.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Currently closing in on chapter 14 and well...

Is FFVIIR one of the best games put out this generation? Absolutely Yes.

Does it deserve to look absolutely crisp and beautiful? Absolutely Yes.

Should you post pone playing this game because graphics sometimes are hit and miss? Absolutely No. This game is much more than graphics.

Trying to sell out the idea that FFVII Rebirth is only truly playable in PS5 Pro is wrong, sorry.

Last edited:

diffusionx

Gold Member
He actually just saying what we have been seeing in the 4K video of the PS5 Pro presentation.

The games look better than fidelity mode, but run at 60fps if they have performance mode.

People jumped the gun and started being hyperbolic. Now they're eating crow and getting defensive.

The PS5 Pro looks to be a substantial upgrade.
Isn't this exactly what Cerny said it would be? Just like the PS4 Pro was what he said it would be, a way to play PS4 games at higher res on 4K TVs.

Whether or not that is enough for people to spend $700+ on, is up to them.

I don't think they're that biased anymore, but they def have a very poor grasp of new technology, they are very good at seeing things when they're released rather than predicting the future (which they suck at), aka their GTA take.
I think in general we all suck at predicting the future.

Three

Image quality was "too awful?"

Please get fucked with this hyperbole
Trying to sell out the idea that FFVII Rebirth is only truly playable in PS5 Pro is wrong, sorry.

But they'll tell Series S users to be happy playing with the 430p options provided in the latest releases and "excellent" 540p raytracing that 'just works. Wouldn't want to upset them.

Zacfoldor

Currently closing in on chapter 14 and well...

Is FFVIIR one of the best games put out this generation? Absolutely Yes.

Does it deserve to look absolutely crisp and beautiful? Absolutely Yes.

Should you post pone playing this game because graphics sometimes are hit and miss? Absolutely No. This game is much more than graphics.

FFVII Rebirth system requirements:

Minimum Requirements: PS5​

Recommended Requirements: PS5 Pro​

omegasc

Keep me in check here, but isn't that 45% better GPU performance not factoring in PSSR and the ray tracing upgrades? (the three pillars stuff)
3080 to 4080 was 50%. If th previous statement is correct, then it would be an improvement like a 3080 without using DLSS to a 4080 with DLSS.
It would make sense to have PS5 Pro very close, or in some cases higher IQ than base PS5 in quality mode.

Top Bottom