• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Rebirth on PS5 Pro is a "Night and Day Difference"

XXL

FFVII Rebirth system requirements:

Minimum Requirements: PS5​

Recommended Requirements: PS5 Pro​

Spit Take Lol GIF by Justin

This is amazing. Well done.

Better image quality at 60fps on Pro vs 30fps on peasant console. He thinks it's due to PSSR.

See this is the type of analysis that may make me buy one in the future. Can't wait for some actual content.
FFVII Rebirth system requirements:

Minimum Requirements: PS5​

Recommended Requirements: PS5 Pro​

Still more simple than PC.

Astray

If I do go for a pro, FF7R2 is not gonna be a priority play for me because I still haven't played Remake yet.

I think he's judging based off the IGN footage? So Caveat emptor.

Cyberpunkd

I played it in performance mode on PS5, but there was a steep sacrafice in fidelity to do so.

But I'll 100% be playing it again on the Pro. It will look phenomenal even just running in PS5 fidelity mode but at 60fps.
Happy Issa Rae GIF by Insecure on HBO

Edit: it's better than fidelity mode.
Cool, enljoy playing it…again. I’m sure you can pick a different ending, right?

In the meantime I will play BG3…again.

XXL

Cool, enljoy playing it…again. I’m sure you can pick a different ending, right?

In the meantime I will play BG3…again.
Not sure if this is satire.

I'm borderline obsessed with BG3 and have like 650HR between PC and PS5. I have like 2-3 playthroughs going on right now and I think it's the best game of this generation and one of the best (if not thee best) games of all time.

I'm still going to play FF7 Rebirth again on the PS5 Pro and I'll probably end up playing BG3 on it again to. Wtf.
Confused Basketball Wives GIF by VH1

I'm the wrong person to say this to. Lol. I'm probably more obsessed by BG3 than anyone on this forum. I'm surprised I don't have a tag about it. Tbh.

Last edited:

Hunter 99

Internet Reaction GIF by The Runner go90

If you have held off for 8 months to play rebirth on pro then your most likely not a ff fan. Cmon guys stop forcing it, most people aren't going to fork out this ludicrous price for a small upgrade in graphics.its not justified imo.
200.gif

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Internet Reaction GIF by The Runner go90

If you have held off for 8 months to play rebirth on pro then your most likely not a ff fan. Cmon guys stop forcing it, most people aren't going to fork out this ludicrous price for a small upgrade in graphics.its not justified imo.
200.gif
Which is why it's optional. As most people also don't dish out for expensive PC GPUs.

But for those who do, they enjoy the upgrades.

And 60fps mode on the Pro looking better than 30fps fidelity mode on the base is not a "small upgrade."

Last edited:

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
Itself? Quality mode was 30fps, this is looking better than that at 60fps.
Dude, he said it "was okay" as in when it came out, not compared to a system that hasn't come out. And he said "it was okay...but it was 30 fps," which means he thought it was okay outside of it being 30 FPS.

Last edited:

kingpotato

Ask me about my Stream Deck
I'm fine with waiting for the PC version. I have no reason to buy a Pro. Sony has been drip feeding AAA releases this gen, so why spend $700 on Pro version of a system that's entering the 2nd half of it's run?
$700 is for the PS4 Pro Pro Pro (PS5 Pro Game Boost) which is entering the 4th half of its run actually. This is what we call the victory lap phase.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Will the PS5 Pro version remote the stupid mini games? Might be worth upgrading just for that. Then maybe I could stomach the game and finally finish it.

So instead of optimizing their games so they don't look like a blurry mess in the performance mode they'll just tell you to upgrade to an 800€ model.
Most of us realize it's a scam, but some of us say things like "this game couldn't be done on PS4" and "it looks like shit on base PS5" and that's because people are out there to trick others in to believing it. Corporations want to PC-ify the console industry by telling us expensive power is the only way to have nice looking games. They are using the extreme fans to do their bidding by trying to convince us to purchase such outrageous things, or be "paupers" and the like.

Fuck them and fuck that noise.

Fbh

The performance mode now looking sharper than the previous quality mode is quite a nice upgrade. It's going to be a massive upgrade over the pretty awful looking performance mode on base Ps5.

We'll probably see quite a few upgrades like this, specially since image quality in performance modes has mostly gone to shit since we moved away from cross gen.

Last edited:
Isn't this exactly what Cerny said it would be? Just like the PS4 Pro was what he said it would be, a way to play PS4 games at higher res on 4K TVs.

Whether or not that is enough for people to spend $700+ on, is up to them.
Good thing it's not a $700+ upgrade for the majority buying it then. €300 upgrade for me and with the early results so far that's already worth it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Rebirth on the quality mode on PS5 is great, the resolution was a full 2016p from memory and the 30fps felt super smooth to me and locked down.

That said I'll be replaying it on the Pro at 60fps. :messenger_blowing_kiss:

Rising_Hei

I couldn't care less about his opinion and don't agree with his values; Rebirth is worth playing on a PS5 and it will be on a PS5 Pro, too.
Rebirth's dev team knew its priorities: content.

Allandor

Remember DF is a biased source, like the other thread said
They are always biased with every topic .... oh wait ... ;)

What I don't like about this "60fps in fidelity mode" is, that most of the time the CPU is idle in 30fps games... So they still don't use all resources for emg physics in quality mode...

Top Bottom