• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC, Seiken Densetsu, DQ Monsters for DS announced?

u_neek

Wow, here's hoping for a 3D Seiken Densetsu or just a 2D one with really nice prerendered backgrounds like Legend of Mana.

king zell

well the developers have decided :D

I'm not sure.. but the Japanese site seems to tell that a Western lineup will be available on Aug 10th

Nintendogs (tentative name)

The lack of originality on GA is disturbing. How come no one ever came up with this moniker before?! it's so obvious. Once again, Nintendo has to innovate even its own slander:)

john tv

Yah, it says they're planning to unveil the North American software lineup AROUND August 10 on the NOA home page.

Whiz

- Goemon
- Castlevania
- Winning Eleven series
- Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) New Work
- Rockman.EXE series
- Harvest Moon DS

!!!

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
New Vandal Hearts, new Castlevania, new Seiken Densetsu, new Tengai Makyo, new Slime MoriMori game... hell yeah!!! I'm soooo excited for this system right about now... PSP what?

wazoo

There si nothing particularly exciting in the exclusive department for the casual gamer. Most of these games will be on PSP as well.

Society said:
Square is giving a lot of support to a risky gimmick machine. Does this give hope to large revolution support?

Square is giving a lot of support to the handheld market leader.....nothing abnormal about that.....or do you think that Revolution will have more support than PS3???

Society said:
A pen != a pencil. Now that we got that over with....

Its an unreleased platform going against GBA and the PSP. If you can not see the similarities to the next generation console launches, then please do not post.

So DS is an unreleased platform and PSP isnt???how long has it been around us then?i may have been living under a rock or something.

einhard

wazoo said:
There is nothing particularly exciting in the exclusive department for the casual gamer. Most of these games will be on PSP as well.

It all comes down to wether you want better graphics or better features and battery life. Situation is very different to console multiplatform games.

PSP vs DS is going to be very interesting...

Soul4ger

I wouldn't be surprised if a Tactics Ogre or a Final Fantasy Tactics game weren't far behind for Square Enix. DS seems like a great system for SRPGs, in several different ways. Even Disgaea and its ilk aren't terribly impressive visually, so any hardware issues shouldn't be that pronounced. That's my ounce of speculation for the day.

Jacobi

Banned
I think with this lineup, the DS can't fail in sales and it will sell like the GBA SP did/maybe even better.

Dark Dragon said:
intendo has updated its Nintendo DS software list, a total of 72 game titles are under development in Japan, new entries include:

New RPG (GameArts)
Living High Killing Low (Genki)
Shutokou Battle / Tokyo Xtreme Racing (Genki)
Goemon (Konami)
Vandal Hearts (Konami)
Survival Kids (Konami)
Boktai (Konami)
Jikkyou Powerful Pro Baseball series (Konami)
Castlevania (Konami)
Winning Eleven series (Konami)
Jissen Pachislot Hisshouhou Hokutonoken (Sammy)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles New Work (Square Enix)
Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) New Work (Square Enix)
Dragon Quest Monsters New Work (Square Enix)
Slime Mori Mori Dragon Quest New Work (Square Enix)
Sonic Dice (Sega)
Rakugaki Kingdom Series (Taito)
Puzzle Bobble Series (Taito)
Mysterious Dungeons (Chun Soft)
Action Game (D3 Publisher)
Monster Farm Latest Work (Tecmo)
Team Ninja New Work (Tecmo)
Naruto (Tomy)
Zoids (Tomy)
New RPG (Namco)
New Mr. Driller (Namco)
Tengai Makyou Series (Hudson)
Nintendogs (Nintendo)
One Piece (Bandai)
Meteos (Bandai)
Dragon Ball Z (Banpresto)
Harvest Moon DS (Marvelous)
River King series (Marvelous)
Original RPG (Marvelous)
Wrestling (Yukes)
Chobi Island 3 (Rocket Company)

the-magicbox.com

Castlevania (Konami)
Shutokou Battle / Tokyo Xtreme Racing (Genki)
Winning Eleven series (Konami)
Seiken Densetsu (Secret of Mana) New Work (Square Enix)
New RPG (GameArts)

Cant wait to see them!!!

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
Damn, new RPG from Game Arts? Very cool.
What was the last game made by them, Grandia Xtreme?
BTW, aren't they owned by (Square) Enix now, or was it some sort of temporary collaboration in Grandia Xtreme?

Yes, I'll take a Vandal hearts please. Maybe they'll finally cross over VH 1 and 2 like the secret ending of 2 implied. Castlevania, Seiken Densetsu (hopefully a straght port of 2 with the CD elements that were cut included to remind them of what a good Mana game is suposed to be like) and New Super Mario Bros should round out my must haves nicely.

Now that they have been announced, we just need to hope that all the best games make it over, as there is quite a bit of software to release and it is a very different system from those that have before.

Enix had stock in GameArts I believe, and I know they had a publishing agrreement, but they are not owned by them, as the upcoming Gungriffon game should imply. Enix helped make Grandia Extreme, but Gungriffon has no ties to Square Enix.

Wow this is shocking news! SquareEnix give PSP some movie and DS a whole bunch of awesome games.

BTW This lineup rapes the entire PSP lineup. +DS

jarrod

Banned
Enix was happily investing in GameArts until the Square merger. Not sure what happened but GameArts got loose somehow and is now partnering with Gung Ho Online (of Ragnorak Online fame) via a capital tie up (Gung Ho is now their second largest shareholder at around 12%).

Also, GameArts has nothing to do with Gun Griffon Divide. That game is being completely developed by Kama Digitial (a Korean company), GameArts just licensed out the IP.

Memles

Dark Dragon said:
Viewtiful Joe (Capcom)
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles New Work (Square Enix)
Harvest Moon DS (Marvelous)
Wrestling (Yukes)

Sold. Nintendo's lineup plus this is enough for me...hell, Harvest Moon will be enough for me. I wonder, however, if this is a Yukes wrestler in the Japanese sense, or is it one being developed for THQ with the WWE License. I guess we'll see on August 10th. I won't be home, sadly...I guess I'll have something to look forward to after my camping trip.

Soul4ger said:
I wouldn't be surprised if a Tactics Ogre or a Final Fantasy Tactics game weren't far behind for Square Enix. DS seems like a great system for SRPGs, in several different ways. Even Disgaea and its ilk aren't terribly impressive visually, so any hardware issues shouldn't be that pronounced. That's my ounce of speculation for the day.
SRPGs have already been extremely well-suited to the GBA, so yeah, with the extras I'm sure things will only get better. One screen to display detailed information about units, or maybe optional control of units with the touch screen. Or yeah, just the ability to rotate the battlefield as in PS1 strategy games would add a lot.

ge-man

On top of that, I think the touch screen will lend itself well for creating maps. Hopefully with beefier specs and touch screen we will see more strategy games and other genres packing more customization in the portable sphere.

jarrod

Banned
Well with Spectral Force, Vandal Hearts and Egg Monster Heroes, DS is already amassing a decent little SRPG library. A new game in the Ogre Battle Saga would make sense also given the team's affinity for Nintendo hardware, and Fire Emblem/Wars are probably in the works already. Shining Force has a good shot too given Nagoshi's overwhelmingly positive response to DS.

More complex Advance Wars maps with a full editor would be delightful. I would actually like to see 3D mechanics come into play at some level in (an Intelligent Systems developed) Advance Wars (or DS Wars).

Memles

Diomedeskun said:
More complex Advance Wars maps with a full editor would be delightful. I would actually like to see 3D mechanics come into play at some level in (an Intelligent Systems developed) Advance Wars (or DS Wars).

Definitely, on this one. I say keep the Top Down perspective, but definitely bring in some more 3D elements, and maybe battles can be a little bit more action oriented, if only visually. Considering the way they're building it as an Action/SRPG hybrid on the GameCube, maybe the DS will give them the opportunity to push the Wars series further.

wazoo

einhard said:
It all comes down to wether you want better graphics or better features and battery life. Situation is very different to console multiplatform games.

I was just questionning the amount of originality in those games. I doubt most will use the DS special features and will have identiticalfeatures on both systems (and better graphix on PSP).

I hope Nintendo alone has amazing usage of its DS features.

PSP vs DS is going to be very interesting...

Yes, it will be, also for the future of nintendo in general. DS will teach them if they can rely on originality alone.

GDGF

Soothsayer
palpatine.jpg

Excellent. Everything is proceeding as I have forseen ;)

jarrod said:
Well, here's my (sad) translation list attempt (using english series titles when applicable)...

MARVELOUS INTERACTIVE
-Star People (???)

IGN translated it as Urusei Yatsura, which is a title of a early 80s anime/manga from the creator of Ranma 1/2 and Inu-Yasha.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I used to watch that series (and read the manga)

It's from Rumiko Takahashi. It's about some ordinary joe from Japan who is married to a crazy trouble starting alien princess with green hair from what I can remember.

!!!

I think the DS is definitely destined for success, not that I doubted it much at any point. Awesome, awesome lineup.

ManaByte

Gold Member
FF:CC will still suck on the DS. Then Nintendo will do Four Swords DS and it'll make FF:CC it's bitch all over again.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Lost Weekend said:
palpatine.jpg

Excellent. Everything is proceeding as I have forseen ;)

I wouldn't use Darth Sidious as an example of seeing the future. I mean, if he would see the future so well he would've had a parachute under his robes when Luke came to visit.

Memles

ManaByte said:
FF:CC will still suck on the DS. Then Nintendo will do Four Swords DS and it'll make FF:CC it's bitch all over again.

More like "Then Four Swords will make it its bitch", because it's already in development.

Whereas Four Swords is fine as is, with the GBA requirement gone, FF:CC still has to create a worthwhile single player experience in the first place, in my view.

jarrod said:
Well with Spectral Force, Vandal Hearts and Egg Monster Heroes, DS is already amassing a decent little SRPG library. A new game in the Ogre Battle Saga would make sense also given the team's affinity for Nintendo hardware, and Fire Emblem/Wars are probably in the works already. Shining Force has a good shot too given Nagoshi's overwhelmingly positive response to DS.

The question is now, what will be the first RTS for this puppy? Because I'd totally kill for a Starcraft-type of game on this badboy.

Dynasty Warriors maybe?

jarrod

Banned
Christberg said:
The question is now, what will be the first RTS for this puppy? Because I'd totally kill for a Starcraft-type of game on this badboy.

Dynasty Warriors maybe?
Pikmin. ;)

Dynasty Warriors DS is said to have RTS elements though.

NLB2

Banned
Bluemercury said:
Square is giving a lot of support to the handheld market leader.....nothing abnormal about that
After the console split from Nintendo how many games did Square release for a Nintendo hand held until Sword of Mana?

Top Bottom