• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Also letting RROD get in the way shows lack of dedication. When I RROD'd before my game with strike I had a backup handy. It's in the league rules actually.

BUMP for new page.

1. Daigoro - Spain
2. Cornballer - Brazil
3. fiveHorizons - France
4. Sneaky - Argentina
5. Tf53 - England
6. woodchuck - Germany
7. Strikevillain - Portugal
8. NA - Italy
9. chrisgoldstein - Russia
10. Astrolad - Netherlands
11. TSE
12. Moe Joe
13. Feral Youth
14. besiktas1
15. ATF487

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
Also letting RROD get in the way shows lack of dedication. When I RROD'd before my game with strike I had a backup handy. It's in the league rules actually.

:lol

i think league rules also says you should bring your 360 with you on any vacation you take. not sure why we're giving magicked a pass

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Actually eff it as much as I'd love to use Mistelboum and Van Der Sar I'm going to use the real team via Wikipedia as long as there aren't any hitches with that.

woodchuck

i havent had any problems with using the real team in unranked matches.

actually, i think we should allow everyone to add anyone they want to their international team. you think Raul should be on spain? add him in

just go to "transfers" >>> "international selections"

then you can adjust your lineup in "manage teams"

Magicked

k0ji-wd said:
I'll be online from about 10 then.

THE FINAL COUNTDOWN BEGINS.

Well. I thought 10 would be fine, but I'm still here at my parents with a lot of family. It doesn't look I will be leaving soon either. I'd imagine I should be able to get home by 11 or so, because I do have to work tomorrow. If you're on then we can give it a shot. Sorry. :/

k0ji-wd

Magicked said:
Well. I thought 10 would be fine, but I'm still here at my parents with a lot of family. It doesn't look I will be leaving soon either. I'd imagine I should be able to get home by 11 or so, because I do have to work tomorrow. If you're on then we can give it a shot. Sorry. :/

That's cool, actually, means I can go out and grab some breakfast :lol I'll be back a little later then, take your time.

Magicked

Well, at least I can go to bed! I'm fucking tired!

Ermmm.... I'm taking a half day tomorrow at work, so if you're around when I get home (probably 12:30 or 1:00 PM) then we can play. I'll be available until about 4:00 maaaaaybe. Otherwise, I guess we'll be waiting until the 18th when I get back! :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gaaah i had finally transferred all the guys in and the damn game froze on the save screen (didn't really freeze just sat there and wouldn't load anything like how it was doing when UT came out).

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Do I get invited to a league or do we organize the matches here? I have a 1 week holiday coming up so I should be able to play them due to timezone.

woodchuck

`Moe Joe. said:
Do I get invited to a league or do we organize the matches here? I have a 1 week holiday coming up so I should be able to play them due to timezone.

we organize everything here. everything is on a google spreadsheet. See the OP with all the information for the mls league. should be similar in the World Cup.

for scheduling, use this thread or PM's. i find Pm's to be better

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
You gonna make a new thread woodchuck or we just gonna use this one? How do the new folks know when to pick? Excetera.

woodchuck

AstroLad said:
You gonna make a new thread woodchuck or we just gonna use this one? How do the new folks know when to pick? Excetera.

im making a new thread tomorrow morning. then ill pm the new guys about the thread

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I play with two wingers so I love having skill guys out on the sides which is possible with about five teams in the game maybe. Then all I need is a finisher in the middle a la Captain Clutch.

Magicked

I'm back! I'm pretty busy today, but perhaps we can get this game in tomorrow? I should probably play a warm up game or two first... :D

(Croatia was sweet, btw.)

Magicked

Well that settles it.

Chicago 2 - 1 RSL

It was a pretty messy game overall. I think the lag was affecting both parties a bit (but it wasn't bad). I really wasn't used to passing as quickly as I needed to, but so it goes. GG koji.

BTW, McBride is way faster than his old ass has a right to be. :lol I think he had like 5 breakaways with him! It may have been Carr though. Perhaps my defenders were just super slow.

At least you didn't beat me while I was playing as Columbus. Grats man! :D

k0ji-wd

MCBRIDE!
6a00e54ef2975b883301053.jpg

2689776.jpg

winnerc.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
k0ji-wd said:
MCBRIDE!
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/773/6a00e54ef2975b883301053.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/1703/2689776.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/1202/winnerc.jpg

haha awesome

AndresON777

shooting blanks
k0ji-wd said:
so. . .what next?

yeah I miss the fifa league. I should've brought some vodka to work I'm nervous with barcelona playing today. Will have to watch it in the food court here, at least this mexican dude has a nice flatscreen and dish.

woodchuck

i'm back in the US but i dont think i can organize another league. maybe astro if he's interested?

but i'll still be around if anyone wants to play a game whenever.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Probably wait until 10 I suppose. Apparently it will be at E3; I'd love to get my hands on it but I doubt it will be playable.

AstroLad said:
Apparently it will be at E3; I'd love to get my hands on it but I doubt it will be playable.
There's been a few details trickling out so far - woodchuck posted a slew of them on the football thread in the OT. Sounds like practice mode is back.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Yeah I hope they fix fifa for 10.

I usually suck one year and I'm good the next. It pisses me off and I hate learning.

--practice mode back? fucking finally. I remember in fifa 06 (iirc) you could just have your team on the field by themselves.

so you could practice alone with no defense. there's no point to practicing in the free roam arena since it's like in 3rd person.

N.A

Banned
AndresON777 said:
think it's finally starting to click with me.

Maybe I can have a bad ass rating like koji one day.

=)

Nope. It's just because you keep playing as Barcelona :lol

Top Bottom