• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

Roster update is available.

Here are the team ratings before the roster update. I'll try and tabulate the new ones tonight so we can compare.

Cornballer said:
Here they are w/o chemistry.
Code:
Team 		Stars 	Off. 	Mid. 	Def. 	Average
New England 	2.5	69	68	67	68.00
Chicago Fire 	2.5	72	68	64	68.00
FC Dallas 	2.5	72	66	64	67.33
LA Galaxy 	2	75	66	61	67.33
D.C. United 	2.5	73	66	63	67.33
Columbus Crew 	2.5	73	64	64	67.00
Houston Dynamo 	2.5	69	67	64	66.67
Toronto FC 	2.5	68	66	64	66.00
NY Red Bulls 	2	73	63	62	66.00
Chivas USA 	2	66	64	63	64.33
Real Salt Lake 	2	67	65	61	64.33
Kansas City 	2	68	61	63	64.00
San Jose 	1.5	69	66	57	64.00
Colorado Rapids 2	63	64	61	62.67
Pretty tightly packed other than Colorado. It'll be funny to see how much these change in with the offseason moves. I can imagine LAG's offense rating will go down just a teeny bit without Beckham and Donovan. San Jose's defense is terrible in the game. Cochrane and Garcia are glacially slow.

woodchuck

FC Dallas 2 - 1 Houston

Shots: 11 - 2
SOT: 4 - 1

Kenny Cooper (FC Dallas) - 2 goals
N. Jaqua (Houston) - 1 goal

it's a good thing cooper didn't go to europe

woodchuck

wtf. after the update, Arsenal is 5 stars now. uhh, shouldn't they decrease?

also, i think to get the update you have to first enter a ranked online match. it wont update with our custom unranked matches.

sneaky77

fivehorizons said:
I got a shitty draw, StrikeV and Sneak in the same week. My shitty Wizards are no match, though i did beat the Dynamo.

When is it good for you? friday is probably the best day for me

Tf53

I fucking hate this game.

Houston - LA Galaxy 1-2
Shots: 4-9
OT: 1-6

11' E. Buddle 0-1
24' N. Jaqua 1-1
28' A. Gordon 1-2

woodchuck

wtf. i can only use the updated rosters in "ranked online matches".

i checked the forums and...

You need to download the latest Adidas Live Season update if you want to use the updated rosters offline.

that also includes custom unranked matches.

so i hope all of you guys still have your manual and your adidas live code so you can download the roster update for offline and unranked matches. it will download the update even for leagues where you dont have your adidas live season. i still haven't touched adidas live season but i know they give you one free league. i might use it on a league i never play with (like bundesliga).

N.A

Banned
Tf53 said:
I fucking hate this game.

Houston - LA Galaxy 1-2
Shots: 4-9
OT: 1-6

11' E. Buddle 0-1
24' N. Jaqua 1-1
28' A. Gordon 1-2

I thought you were going to level right at the end there when you missed that sitter :lol .

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
wtf. i can only use the updated rosters in "ranked online matches".

i checked the forums and...

that also includes custom unranked matches.

so i hope all of you guys still have your manual and your adidas live code so you can download the roster update for offline and unranked matches. it will download the update even for leagues where you dont have your adidas live season. i still haven't touched adidas live season but i know they give you one free league. i might use it on a league i never play with (like bundesliga).

haha WAT. same here. hm. screwy-ass EA always making things a million times more complicated and branded than they need to be.

So wait, we can't use the roster update for our GAF MLS league (since it's unranked online) unless we use the Adidas Live Season?

woodchuck

Cornballer said:
So wait, we can't use the roster update for our GAF MLS league (since it's unranked online) unless we use the Adidas Live Season?

basically all i did was:

1. Activate Live Season using the code given on the back of the manual. I chose the Mexican League.

2. Then I downloaded the latest live season update.

And then all the squads in every league are updated for offline and online unranked. The only big noticeable change in MLS is LA Galaxy is now 1.5 stars without Donovan/Beckham. I think couple other teams decreased in stars while columbus is still 2.5

I think that's the only way to use the roster update for offline and custom online unranked. ridiculous. fucking ea.

woodchuck said:
basically all i did was:

1. Activate Live Season using the code given on the back of the manual. I chose the Mexican League.

2. Then I downloaded the latest live season update.

I think that's the only way to use the roster update for offline and custom online unranked. ridiculous. fucking ea.
Cool, thanks. Are there any long-term repercussions for this? It's not going to auto-charge me for future Live Season updates or anything like that? Just want to be sure.

Also, why'd you choose a league that you don't usually use?

Thanks!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cornballer said:
Cool, thanks. Are there any long-term repercussions for this? It's not going to auto-charge me for future Live Season updates or anything like that? Just want to be sure.

Also, why'd you choose a league that you don't usually use?

Thanks!

-No, you get one free "big" league with the code, and all other "big" leagues are a one-time MS points transaction that you have to initiate.

-Reason is Live Season is kind of wonky. If a player is injured, it will decrease his stats but not too much; overall it just seems kind of all over the place. So probably better to do with a league you don't care much about. No worries about MLS though, there is no such thing as MLS Live Season. All this does is allow the roster update to take place.

Daigoro

fucking EA indeed.

they come soooo close to making the best football game ever, but with some glaring faults like the menus and some odd AI and control problems.

in not going to have access to a PC for most of the night, but i will be on LIVE after 10pm est is any of you guys are around.

i just need to make sense of how to do this roster update when i get home... goofy shit.

otherwise, tomorrow ill PM and make a plan to schedule our league games. (im available mornings/afternoons and just about every day after 10pm EST, exculding Fridays).

Well look at that - Quakes signed Bobby Convey today and a striker last night. I'm sure those made it onto the roster update, right?

:(

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Sneaky--I might be able to get home at a reasonable hour today (bit after 9 est) if you're around. gotta update my squad though and hopefully find a better formation

TDG

Banned
Columbus - Toronto 2-1
Shots: 8-5
SOG: 5-4

Goal scorers:
Moffat 12' (1-0)
Barrett 34' (1-1)
Schelotto 45' (2-1)

Good game Shinobi!

woodchuck

good game magicked. i was pretty much dominated. that 2nd goal was fucking sweet.

FC Dallas 0-2 Real Salt Lake

shots: 4-4
SOT: 2-2

Goals:
Findley
Beckerman

Magicked

Yea, you dominated possession pretty well, but it came out 53% to 47% in your favor. I had some good moments, but most of the game was played in my half. Had you made that shot at the beginning that went off the bar, the game would have changed completely. My first goal did bounced off the post in the opposite way. Luck was with me on that occasion.

The second goal was pure hotness. I actually got lucky in the arena right before the match and took a few long shots with Beckerman, so I realized he could take them. He can hit them pretty well for an MLS player.

GG though. I must say this is a good start to my season. You know, defeating the reigning champ and all. :D

Edit: Misread your post for that first sentence. I thought you played really well. I felt pushed back quite a bit.

woodchuck

your back line was pretty disciplined and i couldnt get past it. right now, my only real strategy is to pass the ball to Cunningham and hope he can outrun your defense.

rest of the league that is on notice: slow starts aren't unusual for me. i won the first season as a 6th seed!

Good game, ChrisGoldstein. You pretty much kicked my ass.

Earthquakes 0 - 2 Chivas
Shots: 6 - 5
SOG: 4 - 4

Goals:
Galindo 49'
Razov 83'

AndresON777

shooting blanks
woodchuck said:
your back line was pretty disciplined and i couldnt get past it. right now, my only real strategy is to pass the ball to Cunningham and hope he can outrun your defense.

rest of the league that is on notice: slow starts aren't unusual for me. i won the first season as a 6th seed!

prolly picked auto shooting accidentally lmao

Daigoro

so im not sure what i need to do to get the update. i allready used my code to activate the Live Season thing when i first got the game. i just went to update and it said i was all set, but i havent downloaded anything recently.

any ideas?

Daigoro

oh shitsnacks i just figured it out. (i just went in to live season and clicked on the league i had previously selected for my Live Season crap and had to manually get the newest roster update. that did the trick)

no more Michale Parkhurst for NE!!! WHY!!!!!!!!??????????? :(

cause he left the league, thats why. i wonder if we'll see him against Mexico this tomorrow? probably on the bench anyways.

ok, im straight. off to practice. Colorado has a new formation and everything! looks pretty sweet actually!

Daigoro

Colorado 0 (4 shots/3 on) - San Jose 2 (14 shots/7 on)

Alvarez and Johnson scored. GG cornballer.

looks like the begining of another miserable season!

Good stuff Daigoro. It's a shame that our first game disconnected (tied 1-1 in the 70th) and then you got a little unlucky on the 2nd match. Let's play again sometime soon.

woodchuck

as for disconnections, it's really up to whatever each player wants, but whenever it comes up i like to do this...

if it's after halftime and it disconnects. i like to play another game but pretend the 0' minute in the new game is the disconnection minute in the previous game.

so if it disconnected at the 70th minute at 1-1, i like to start a new game and then play only 20 minutes and end the game at that point (at a place when someone isn't attacking). of course, you'd have to estimate the stats for that situation.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I gotta say I was pretty impressed with how they updated not only the rosters but also the formations. The system to get it is silly but hey, it's FIFA, no matter how good something is there has to be unnecessary complication somewhere.

sneaky i might be able to play late tonight, if not i should finally get home at a reasonable time (9ish) tomorrow.

woodchuck said:
as for disconnections, it's really up to whatever each player wants, but whenever it comes up i like to do this..
I'll keep that in mind for next time. We talked about it briefly and decided to do the replay.
AstroLad said:
I gotta say I was pretty impressed with how they updated not only the rosters but also the formations.
The few teams that I checked were spot on. They even got some really obscure transfers and trialists right on the Quakes, which was surprising.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hooray for common sense. whenever i get annoyed at something in a sports game (bad league system, wrong formations, wrong rosters) i always think that there are literally thousands of people who would do it correctly and fast for free (just look at the winning eleven pc mod community, they have all the stadiums, billboards, and shoes right ffs). i guess they're taking advantage of that now

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
hooray for common sense. whenever i get annoyed at something in a sports game (bad league system, wrong formations, wrong rosters) i always think that there are literally thousands of people who would do it correctly and fast for free (just look at the winning eleven pc mod community, they have all the stadiums, billboards, and shoes right ffs). i guess they're taking advantage of that now

Sorry I didn't respond, I had company over watching netflix. I'll be on for a bit today around 5:30pm to 6 probably, but I will be free most of the evening tomorrow, saturday and sunday

Daigoro

GG AA.

Colorado 0 (7/3 on) - LA 1 (9/4 on)

Buddle wit a nice one outside the box in the 63rd.

i missed some real sitters. :/

N.A

Banned
Daigoro said:
GG AA.

That's probably the best goal I've scored online :D .
Nice game though, not many goals but a lot of chances for both teams.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Daigoro said:
GG AA.

Do you have shooting on auto?

It makes a helluva difference man

Daigoro

yeah, i think i do Chris. ill make sure to double check though,

N.A said:
That's probably the best goal I've scored online :D .
Nice game though, not many goals but a lot of chances for both teams.

it was a very nice goal. i took my defender and moved away wildy for some reason, but when i saw Buddle taking the shot, i thought it was just going to go wide/high. it didnt though!

woodchuck

i wish we could have saved goals after online matches. another thing ea fucked up even though they allow you to do it in madden/nhl.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i was just talking about this with daigoro. the replay system is completely pathetic. first you can't save local, you can only save on the shitty sub-youtube system which makes even the coolest goals look like a pixelated mess. second, at the half and after the game they barely show any replays. and third the one that bugs me the most during online games they show you like .5 seconds of your shot, not the pass or move that set it up (ie the good part).

Top Bottom