• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
gg man i would have been cool with getting the tie even after the missed empty net but . . . fuuck

edit: that being said it was one of the craziest games i've played. great fun i should play offensive more often

TDG

Banned
Good game StrikeVillain. Shame our first match froze up, but both matches were some of the most competetive and evenly matched I've ever played. I look forward to gaining revenge in the coming weeks. ;)

Columbus - New England 1-0
Shots: 5-6
Shots on Goal: 2-3

Goal scorers: Twellman 47'

TDG said:
Good game StrikeVillain. Shame our first match froze up, but both matches were some of the most competetive and evenly matched I've ever played. I look forward to gaining revenge in the coming weeks. ;)

Columbus - New England 1-0
Shots: 5-6
Shots on Goal: 2-3

Goal scorers: Twellman 47'
Yeah, I liked our first game a lot more than the second. I really underestimated the actual degree of suck of the MLS teams. :lol

TDG

Banned
striKeVillain! said:
Yeah, I liked our first game a lot more than the second. I really underestimated the actual degree of suck of the MLS teams. :lol
I swear, had we been playing as EPL teams we both would've had at least 5 goals. In the first game it was you, and the second game it was me missing a ton of one-on-one shots.

My least favorite thing about playing as MLS teams is trying to turn. I feel like I'm controlling people with their legs in garbage cans.

woodchuck

wait. who won the match? i'm guessing that new england won since TDG says he wants revenge, but the score says columbus won.

edit- i googled twellman. i guess NE won

sneaky77

DC United 4 NYRed Bulls 3

Shots: 6 14

Songoal: 5 9

Goals:

1-0 Moreno 45min
2-0 Moreno 54min
2-1 Angel 61min
2-2 Oduro 69min
2-3 Petke 73min
3-3 Emilio 89min
4-3 Moreno 113min

sneaky77

AstroLad said:
gg man i would have been cool with getting the tie even after the missed empty net but . . . fuuck

edit: that being said it was one of the craziest games i've played. great fun i should play offensive more often

that was a crazy ass 2nd half. It was a fun match, but damn my defenders are slow to react.

woodchuck

sneaky77 said:

Goals:

1-0 Moreno 45min
2-0 Moreno 54min
2-1 Angel 61min
2-2 Oduro 69min
2-3 Petke 73min
3-3 Emilio 89min
4-3 Moreno 113min

holy shit :lol

weird. 12 games almost finished and no draws have been recorded

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i haven't checked who hasn't played their games yet (have you woodchuck?) but hopefully people are all set b/c with a nice healthy waitlist we'll just kick out people right away without any of the bsing around (and time wasting for us) from last season.

sneaky77

I have 1 left, should play it tonight hopefully, I'll be on most of the evening either here on gaf or online so send me a pm or live msg KC

Daigoro

sneaky77 said:

Goals:

1-0 Moreno 45min
2-0 Moreno 54min
2-1 Angel 61min
2-2 Oduro 69min
2-3 Petke 73min
3-3 Emilio 89min
4-3 Moreno 113min

whoa!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
it was a wild ass game that featured me missing a one-foot shot at an open net and many hit posts on both sides. i went pure offense on my tactics which i always enjoy. just wish i had another game this week to get the taste out!

Magicked

ChrisGoldstein said:
Cool I play magicked next week. And N.A.

It's cool we all have like 2 star teams, makes things unpredictable

Yea, like you won't be able to predict how badly I'm going to destroy you!

TDG

Banned
Just wanted to mention that I am taking a vacation and won't be back until Thursday, probably not able to play until the weekend.

I have both of my games for this week done, and I only have one game next week, so I'll play that over the weekend.

Just wanted to put everyone on notice so I don't come home to find that I've been replaced. :p

Great game sneaky. I won by luck again and in injury time 2nd half they said i took him down in the box so a penalty shot was awarded. And i just decided to stand there and it worked. Right into my hands.

Really good stuff.

Well, that was awful.

SJ 1 - 2 LA
9 Shots 5
5 SOG 5

Huckerby 9'
Buddle 76'
Gordon 90'

Gordon somehow put a slow roller under Cannon at the death. :(

Good game.

I'd like to pretend that my awesome semi-assisted shooting skills made that happen. :lol

Just frustrating when none of our better shots went in and all three goals were a little soft. MLS, eh? :D

woodchuck

Here's the Match 3/4 schedule. games due by February 22nd 11:59 pm est. (will be included in the OP tomorrow)

11ug64p.png

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
fifty fivehorizons if you guys are around today post here i can probably play our games. i think i finally found a setup i like with this team

Fifty

Oh, what the fuck! I'm unable to sign into the EA Servers...again! I thought that was a one time thing. Ever since this roster update came out, it's gone from me being able to play 100% of the time, to 33.3%

It looks like I won't be able to play today. Last time this happened, the only solution was waiting it out. I knew this game was running too good to be true for an EA title.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Updated the OP with next week's schedule and league leaders. May add leading teams in goals and goals allowed/game if you guys want. Big thanks to woodchuck for entering all the stats and results.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Good game fh very offensive felt like there should have been more goals.

NYRB 1 - 0 KC
11 Shots 13
7 SOG 5

Rojas 45'

Top Bottom