• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

Magicked

I'm down with a weekly thing. I could probably also find time to play this weekend.

Last night was definitely a lot of fun. We do need to work on our teamwork, and I need to work on drinking less beers while playing. I got worse and worse as the night went on. :lol

The last game we played was ChrisGoldstein and myself vs. woodchuck after everyone else got off. CG and I spent the whole game yelling at each other while woodchuck gave us a comprehensive ass-kicking. Good times. :lol

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:
I'm down with a weekly thing. I could probably also find time to play this weekend.

Last night was definitely a lot of fun. We do need to work on our teamwork, and I need to work on drinking less beers while playing. I got worse and worse as the night went on. :lol

The last game we played was ChrisGoldstein and myself vs. woodchuck after everyone else got off. CG and I spent the whole game yelling at each other while woodchuck gave us a comprehensive ass-kicking. Good times. :lol

it's so much fun playing while drinking though, I love it

I had half a bottle of vanilla vodka and a 40 lol

I scored my first goal in be a pro mode, man it feels good...almost like football IRL cos you and your team mates celebrate

yeah woodchuck was beating me pretty bad at the end, I was mad

Had to play some street fighter afterwards

damn the league is pretty close, I thought toronto would be crushin' everyone since he was also toronto in the last league vs real teams

N.A said:
Any chance of playing a 10v10 game at the weekend seeing as most people are on Saturday/Sunday afternoon?
Yeah, I'd be up for that. Maybe we can play once the EPL matches are done on Saturday - 9am PT/12pm ET or something like that.
Magicked said:

It got confusing with more than 2 people on [ANY], and I think we were all holding down the sprint button too much which leaves the players gassed pretty quickly. It's weird having players with the same names as the Arsenal ones, but not having the same abilities.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yep, 2v2 is the best in terms of >2 players imo. Reason being that both can be Any. Once you start locking down to a specific position, I just think the game gets a tad duller regardless. And 3 Anys is already too much.

Definitely agree that 2v2 is the best mode for FIFA, but I'm still down with playing some large team games just for laughs every once in a while.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
The laughs are definitely great when you have a bunch of people

edit--you can download custom tactics right?

has anyone tried doing this?

I really need a new strategy my defense sucks now

Daigoro

sorry i missed you guys last night, didnt get home until late.

id be down for some on the weekend after the EPL games if people are around.

Magicked

I don't be around on Saturday during the day and afternoon. Hopefully I'll be back in the evening to play some if people are around.

Daigoro said:
id be down for some on the weekend after the EPL games if people are around.
Yeah, let's see how many people are interested. Hopefully we can get a good group.
Magicked said:
I don't be around on Saturday during the day and afternoon. Hopefully I'll be back in the evening to play some if people are around.
When are we going to work on our outstanding defensive teamwork? We gave up a mere 3 goals per game last night. :lol

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Yeah, let's see how many people are interested. Hopefully we can get a good group.
When are we going to work on our outstanding defensive teamwork? We gave up a mere 3 goals per game last night. :lol

Listen buddy, don't you forget our first game. We were world class in that one!

Let's forget about all the others, okay?

:lol

sneaky77 said:
is it me or is everyone on random ranked using the same tactic?

hard long shots that are on the ground how?
Not for me. I win almost all my ranked games and that's with the long through ball to Villa or Torres. Sometimes I use Villa from 25+ yards too. :lol

sneaky77

striKeVillain! said:
Not for me. I win almost all my ranked games and that's with the long through ball to Villa or Torres. Sometimes I use Villa from 25+ yards too. :lol

it seems something weird started happening online this week, i wasnt the only one that noticed huge thread on the official forums that I went in just to see if I was thinking weird stuff

Fifty

Pretty fun to concede 2 red cards in one game AND allow one player to score 4 goals on me. I really enjoyed that.

Fifty

Hey look, I'm washed up!

Not even Brian McBride can save me now...

brianmc.jpg

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Magicked said:
Listen buddy, don't you forget our first game. We were world class in that one!

Let's forget about all the others, okay?

That's what I do I just concentrate on the good stuff, that first game was epic

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck:

after playing a bunch of games this weekend i think you are spot-on about multiple subs causing random disconnections. from now on i am only going to sub one at a time and i'd encourage others to do the same (in my experience, it's ok if both teams sub as long as it's only one).

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i do 2 a lot and i've had way too many random disconns, usually after subbing 2. since it's been an issue for me if i absolutely need to do 2 i will just do 1&1

ea servers are such ymmv garbage though, look at fifty who couldn't even get on for a week for no good reason

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I almost never have lag problems, even against randoms, I just have random second-half disconnects maybe 1/6 or so games. I think/hope the subbing change will remedy this as it has so far.

I get minor lag pretty frequently when playing against people abroad, but within the US it's been fine for the most part. I've only had a couple disconnections.

TDG

Banned
Good game sneaky. Yikes, I haven't gotten my ass kicked that bad in quite awhile. Note to self: figure out how to score goals again.

Columbus Crew - DC United 1-5
Shots: 5-10
SOG: 1-7

Goals: Emilio 7', 53'
Moreno 33',59, 65'
Carroll: 88'

AstroLad said:
i do 2 a lot and i've had way too many random disconns, usually after subbing 2. since it's been an issue for me if i absolutely need to do 2 i will just do 1&1

ea servers are such ymmv garbage though, look at fifty who couldn't even get on for a week for no good reason
I had a ton of problems during our first league. I'm glad things have started to clear up though. However, after EA launched the trading deadline update I couldn't connect to games for a good 2 days.

Anyone up for FIFA Clubs? I'm going to hop on for a few minutes and see if any of you show up.

EDIT: Nevermind - no one's on. Guess we can try some other time.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I couldnt get a game in without lag last night, it was awful

Also I played with Shinobi a couple of nights ago and the lag was pretty bad too

Live overall is crashing like shit a bit, it's like christmas 2007

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I'm down for some team play too, I'll be home later in the day though...here working for the man.

I like being mid field, any confuses me

I wish we had a good defender because the ai defense is crap

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I'm gonna hop on in about 30 to see if you guys are around. Sneaky I will send you an invite to the club if someone else doesn't first. You have to accept the invite by checking your messages in fifa from the profile screen or something.

woodchuck

so i realized in the club thing, if you want to run after you pass the ball, you have to press LB + Pass. otherwise the passer stands still until the other guy receives the ball. so dumb

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
woodchuck said:
so i realized in the club thing, if you want to run after you pass the ball, you have to press LB + Pass. otherwise the passer stands still until the other guy receives the ball. so dumb
i was just thinking today about how stupid that is. the only reason you need to press LB normally is b/c you NO LONGER CONTROL THE PASSER (i think you can hit lb after the pass as well). asinine to have to do this when you're locked down. i believe most good teams use this tactic a lot.

Good stuff, guys. We put together a pretty good run aside from the one match that we'll never speak of again. I like the lineup and tactics we were using today - seemed pretty effective.

woodchuck

yeah, props to Cornballer for handling the back. that was a lot of fun.

maybe next time, we can be the England national team with Peter Crouch up front :lol

Top Bottom