• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 09 (360) MLS League Thread.

Heh. Those guys playing Inter put Cruz, Balotelli, and Zlatan up top, and I think they're all 6'2"-6'3"

I kinda like playing defense and then being able to switch and go forward on the break. Guess it might be a different story if I was stuck back there the entire match. 5-6 does seem about the right number of people, and defense wasn't that bad as long as I had at least one midfielder back helping out.

So when they do the player ratings, does every striker get equivalent ratings or do they scale them down to be 84-85? Just curious because some of the skilled, fast players still seemed pretty fast and skilled.

N.A

Banned
LA Galaxy v. Chivas: 1-2
Goals: Buddle ('55) - Galindo ('27), Razov ('39)
Shots: 6 - 9
Shots on Goal: 3 - 6

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ChrisGoldstein said:
Juan Pablo Angel?

yeah red bulls best player BY FAR

strike and shinobi if you want to play our week 3 games today let me know; i'll be around until about 6 or so

Magicked

Tf53 said:
I fucking hate MLS teams.

:(

GG man. Your defense was tough to break down. I barely got the one goal I did. Actually, the whole game was very defensive. Look at these stats!

RSL 1 - 0 Houston

Shots: 3 - 3
SOT: 1 - 2

Goals:
30' Movsisyan

AstroLad said:
strike if you wanna play our week 3 game shoot me a message on live or here
We can play it sometime this week. Valencia is on now and then I want to play some more SF4. I'm always on though so it won't be a problem.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah sure just get it in by the end of the week (assuming shinobi pops up again, though i'd guess he will)

Astro - can you send a FIFA Clubs invitation to 'gamercyb' when you have a chance? No rush - just a guy from the football/soccer thread that may want to play with us at some point. Thanks!

Magicked - let me know when you want to play our match this week.

Tf53

ChrisGoldstein said:
Tf53 what's up dude my next game is against you...I'm not available today but I'll be on all day tomorrow
I have a huge deadline on Thursday (we just lost 2 pages + a cover's worth of material, so we're semi-fucked), so if at all possible, I'd like to play my matches during the weekend. :)

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
I have a huge deadline on Thursday (we just lost 2 pages + a cover's worth of material, so we're semi-fucked), so if at all possible, I'd like to play my matches during the weekend. :)

Alright that sounds good, Sunday would be the best day for me

woodchuck you want to play our game tomorrow?

Tomorrow afternoon is good for me.

Magicked

Cornballer said:
Magicked - let me know when you want to play our match this week.

Whenever. I can be on any evening this week. We can probably just try to catch each other on at the same time.

Magicked said:
Whenever. I can be on any evening this week. We can probably just try to catch each other on at the same time.
Cool. I'll be on a few nights this week, and I only have one match to play.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Cornballer said:
Astro - can you send a FIFA Clubs invitation to 'gamercyb' when you have a chance? No rush - just a guy from the football/soccer thread that may want to play with us at some point. Thanks!

I'll add him next time I'm on FIFA.

woodchuck

ChrisGoldstein said:
Alright that sounds good, Sunday would be the best day for me

woodchuck you want to play our game tomorrow?

Tomorrow afternoon is good for me.

yeah, tomorrow afternoon is a good time to give you an asskicking

Match 5 and 6:

28sveau.jpg

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
OP is updated with new standings and statistical leaders. Thanks as always to woodchuck for updating the spreadsheets.

Regarding FIFA Clubs - let's try and do another session this Wednesday at 7pm PT / 10pm ET. Anyone that's interested can just show up. I'll probably schedule a tentative one for the weekend, as well.
AstroLad said:
I'll add him next time I'm on FIFA.
Thanks.

Magicked

Just a random thought: It might be interesting to post "shots against" and "shots on goal against" on the front page.

If it's too much work, don't worry about it.

Daigoro

looks like i got games with Magicked and Tf53 this week.

its been about a week since ive played last. i need to put in a few hours before i make an attempt at a league game.

ill get to work on that asap.

Shinobi

Fixture pile up FTL...nothing like a busier than expected weekend to mess everything up.

Provided I don't nod off, I should be around throughout the night. I'll probably be too busy the next couple days, but Thursday and Friday evenings should be doable.

I should also mention that I was on XBox Live off and on last night, but the EA servers have been dicking me around lately. Got the same problem here, can't sign into EA for some reason.

Tf53

Andres, you weren't on your A game. Or is it just the lack of Milan and Ronaldinho? ;)

Edit: just in case, I can't be bothered to write these down.

Chivas - Houston 0-2

Shots 6-16
On goal 4-9

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Chivas 0
Houston 2

Shots 6
Shots 16

On target 4
On target 9

27th Jaqua
66th De Rosario

gg man that tall white dude was brutal

edit - No Dinho =(

Magicked - looks like I just missed you on XBL. Post here if you want to play tonight, otherwise we can make it up some other time.

Everyone - if you want to play some FIFA Clubs tomorrow (Wed) night, I'll probably try to get on at 7pm PT / 10pm ET. Let me know if you're interested.

Tf53

Cornballer said:
Do you guys have the roster update? Jaqua and De Rosario no longer play for Houston.
Oh, I actually don't, thanks for the reminder. I'll have to do that as soon as possible, although I'll miss Jaqua.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
Oh, I actually don't, thanks for the reminder. I'll have to do that as soon as possible, although I'll miss Jaqua.

cheater that game didnt count

Europeans, jesus

:lol

Yeah i'm up for fifa clubs that should be fun, i'd like to be midfield

Tf53

ChrisGoldstein said:
cheater that game didnt count

Europeans, jesus

:lol

You want a rematch, you got a rematch.

No, seriously, we should play the game over after I've updated my rosters.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
whatever you guys want to do. it's not really required of anyone to update their rosters, just a strong suggestion so that the teams are more true to the real-life teams is all. i'm sure at least a couple people haven't known to do it yet either.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Tf53 said:
You want a rematch, you got a rematch.

No, seriously, we should play the game over after I've updated my rosters.

I'm just kidding it was a good game I just played bad. I had been playing live 09

You played better.

I updated my tactics so hopefully this will help my defense, my defense has been terrible

woodchuck said:
10 pm est is perfect for me. right after lost
ChrisGoldstein said:
striKeVillain! said:
I'm down for some Club action tonight.
Cool. Hopefully we can get a few more, but 4 is a good start. I might be a few minutes late tonight, so get started without me if I'm not there yet.

woodchuck

ChrisGoldstein said:
I'm just kidding it was a good game I just played bad. I had been playing live 09

You played better.

I updated my tactics so hopefully this will help my defense, my defense has been terrible

nba live 09? smh

Top Bottom