• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 (360) Club Thread of Better Late Than Never

Marvie_3 said:
I got that one pretty easily. I'm struggling with some of the others though
Oh fuck you. :lol That shit is impossible. And Noren, I haven't gotten it. You either have great luck to get it--or amazing skill. At least I'm getting good at the rabona fake because of this...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nozdeuce said:
I'm like 73 overall and they force me to play Club games, you have to too. Especially since you're actually good at the game. I specialize in turning the ball over and scoring 1 insanely lucky goal per night :lol

Also Noren is insanely nice, so you have to play for his sake. He deserves better than what we're capable of.
Oh I'm not averse to playing just seems like it would be hard to get our ragtag group together. I remember back from 09 at least you needed at least four players for it to be any fun, five and six being the sweet spot.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
In the arena, run at the keeper. At about the edge of the box, hit the right trigger to stop the ball and turn your back to the keeper. Start juggling the ball. Flick the left stick to kick the ball up and press the shoot button.
Well shit, if I had known it was that easy I would have done it weeks ago! :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i've had two bicycle kicks by my guy saved by goalies. fuckers. goes right along with zlatan missing 90% of the headers i put right on his fucking skull

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
we've had some barnburners. buffon was holding it down against my long shots in game 1.

we gotta try to get 4 together to play clubs sometime

Marvie_3

Banned
AstroLad said:
we've had some barnburners. buffon was holding it down against my long shots in game 1.

I'd probably be up for it if there isnt too much lag.

AstroLad said:

Even though most of the scores have been close, the games have been dominated by you. You've got great control of the ball and can keep it in your zone. I bet the time on attack is stacked about 1 billion to 1 in your favor.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I posted in the regular thread to get people over here but if anyone wants to play within the next hour let me know.

Cardigan

I'd like to get in on this shit. I don't really know if I'm good or not, but I have a positive record online and have somewhere around 2,700 points. My gamertag is jmcel, if I could get an invite that'd be cool.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hardy please add me as a commish want to send out an invite to chris goldstein (gaf) who's played with us past two years of fifa leagues. also might send a couple out to friends.

also any chance we can get a gang together tonight?

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
hardy please add me as a commish want to send out an invite to chris goldstein (gaf) who's played with us past two years of fifa leagues. also might send a couple out to friends.

also any chance we can get a gang together tonight?
I think I'm gm too so I should be able to do that, right? Or is it just hardyboy? I'll check. Tonight sounds good.

And Jeff, I'll send you an invite in a bit.

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
OP updated...
I approve. :lol

So, been working hard and.. up to 75% on achievements. I noticed that despite having 21/24 on defense, my defense rating was a 59. So, then it hits me: maybe it's because I'm a CF. So, I change my position to CB just to see what happens: Defense rating 89.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
:lol

I can do 8 tonight too. Can we get 4 or more!?

That's cool that we can just change positions no problem.

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
:lol

I can do 8 tonight too. Can we get 4 or more!?

That's cool that we can just change positions no problem.
Yeah, we should all probably do that before matches. Even if we chose to play a certain position for a match, our Pros will be in the position they are assigned.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
NoRéN said:
Yeah, we should all probably do that before matches. Even if we chose to play a certain position for a match, our Pros will be in the position they are assigned.
What's the formation 4-3-3? I'd be happy to play LW or up front if needed. If your dude is beefed up on D imo you should play DMF. I don't know how much different this year is than last but I know last year CB was really the one position CPU could handle (or Any) and it seemed like when people locked in as CB they either did really badly or didn't enjoy or both.

AstroLad said:
What's the formation 4-3-3? I'd be happy to play LW or up front if needed. If your dude is beefed up on D imo you should play DMF. I don't know how much different this year is than last but I know last year CB was really the one position CPU could handle (or Any) and it seemed like when people locked in as CB they either did really badly or didn't enjoy or both.

man we change the formation every game till we find something we like. the one game we did real well when i played we were in a 4-4-2 and laserbot and noz were up top and i was the any guy. but we need a better any guy.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I like going with 4-3-3 because it lets three people play up front. Would be great if we could have someone who's good at headers playing in the middle. My dude is pretty buffed on everything except headers and defense.
so we have:

Astro - LW
Hardyboy1224 - ?
Marvie_3 - ?
NoRéN - DMF? CB?

Maybes/Unknowns
Snakes - RW? RM?
sw33tclyde?
jeffpm?

anyone else?

Also how does Any work (again haven't played Clubs on 10, just 09)? If you are Any, does your created player just not make it into the game? If that's the case maybe someone with a crappy created player should take any, or at least someone who is confident playing D.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
SnakeswithLasers said:
I'd take RW if I can jump on.
ANY works just like it does in single player--your pro is in the game and gets stats that HE earns.
Ah, interesting. Thanks. Do you think you'll be able to make it 8ish?

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
I like going with 4-3-3 because it lets three people play up front. Would be great if we could have someone who's good at headers playing in the middle. My dude is pretty buffed on everything except headers and defense.
so we have:

Astro - LW
Hardyboy1224 - ?
Marvie_3 - ?
NoRéN - DMF? CB?

Also how does Any work (again haven't played Clubs on 10, just 09)? If you are Any, does your created player just not make it into the game? If that's the case maybe someone with a crappy created player should take any, or at least someone who is confident playing D.
DMF sounds good for me. I'll give it a shot. Any guy means you control all the position snot taken up. Ex. AstroLad, your pro is a LW, but you choose to be our any guy. So, your pro will still be placed on LW. If no one chooses LW, then you would control your pro and all non-taken positions. If someone does choose to play LW, they would control your Pro, i think.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Ah I get it. Yeah I've played as Any before just didn't know how it worked with the Virtual Pros now.

Here is 4-3-3

4-3-3.gif

RB-RCB-LCB-LB: Whoever is Any should make their Pro one of these positions, probably LB or RB, since you will control at minimum these four players.

RCM-CM-LCM: Noren you should grab CM. Functions basically like a DMF since he hangs back but you can also come up when needed. Good all-around position to take advantage of your skilled dude.

RW-ST-LW: If Snakes can play he grabs right and I'll grab left. We should sort out who is playing up front, Any, and the other midfield positions if we get a few more.

AstroLad said:
Ah I get it. Yeah I've played as Any before just didn't know how it worked with the Virtual Pros now.

Here is 4-3-3

RB-RCB-LCB-LB: Whoever is Any should make their Pro one of these positions, probably LB or RB, since you will control at minimum these four players.

RCM-CM-LCM: Noren you should grab CM. Functions basically like a DMF since he hangs back but you can also come up when needed. Good all-around position to take advantage of your skilled dude.

RW-ST-LW: If Snakes can play he grabs right and I'll grab left. We should sort out who is playing up front, Any, and the other midfield positions if we get a few more.

the only problem with the 4-3-3 is teams march right through the middle of the team

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ok well then let's just play something else but say what it is so people can pick positions for their pros

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I'll try to get on tonight, but I won't be able to until after 10:30 my time...And I might be asleep.
Playing in your sleep? That's pretty boss.

AstroLad said:
so we have:

Astro - LW
Hardyboy1224 - ?
Marvie_3 - ?
NoRéN - DMF? CB?

Maybes/Unknowns
Snakes - RW? RM?
sw33tclyde?
jeffpm?

anyone else?

I made my guy taller and am getting a bit better at headers so I guess I could play center. I've gotten pretty good at the short passes in the box too. I'm still not very hulked up on defense though.

If not there I can play LCM/CM.

AstroLad said:
ok well then let's just play something else but say what it is so people can pick positions for their pros

no no no u got me all wrong a 4-3-3 is fine if we can have strong play in the middle of the field. and the any guy has to be real strong

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hardyboy1224 said:
no no no u got me all wrong a 4-3-3 is fine if we can have strong play in the middle of the field. and the any guy has to be real strong
ohhhhh i see. so where do you want to play?

i'll play anywhere but what sucks is i am good at the game but the play over to club game is tough, i can play the any guy, but everyone has to deal with crappy goals they make and poor clearance's

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hardyboy1224 said:
i'll play anywhere but what sucks is i am good at the game but the play over to club game is tough, i can play the any guy, but everyone has to deal with crappy goals they make and poor clearance's
since you are good go for Any then! Marvie you can play in the middle if you want (ST). And then jeffpm if you can switch your dude over to LCM or RCM. I'll see you guys in the lobby area I guess?

Top Bottom