• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 (360) Club Thread of Better Late Than Never

Cardigan

I could probably fit some FIFA time in on Saturday. If anyone's up for playing some tonight I could probably do that as well.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
What time works for everyone on Saturday?

I'm free probably between 10 and 6 eastern (not the entire time! but i can move stuff around).

Once we have our team we should decide on positions too. I'll buff up my guy's defense in the coming days if I'm going to be playing Any and he's going to be CB.

NoRéN

For defense:
Slide tackles-easiest way to get the 50% tackles in 5-10 game is, just don't worry too much about it. You only need 1/2 tackles to be succesful to count for the achievement. So, any time you are playing a game and get a succesful slide tackle, that's one. Go for another. Whether it ends up being a succesful tackle or not, that's your 2 right there. no more tackles for the rest of the match and you'll get the achievement in no time.
Standing tackles are easy.

Cardigan

As far as Saturday goes, I have friends coming into town and I'm sure sure what time they'll be here. I'd say a 50% chance I can play at 1.
For tonight, I could probably play around 11 or so. Does that work for anyone?

Marvie_3

Banned
Off topic, but does anyone else have Tiger Woods 10 for Wii? I see snow melting outside and my desire to play golf is back in full force. :lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i have it. messed around with it for a few hours. pretty fun for a little while but i'm much more of a hot shots man myself

AstroLad said:
i have it. messed around with it for a few hours. pretty fun for a little while but i'm much more of a hot shots man myself

thats funny hot shots 3 for the ps2 is my favorite golf game ever we still play it all the time, me and the wife

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
of course, i will send you an invite--what's your xbl again? (think you're on my list, but my list is too big)

also, if we can get four together right now i'd be up for some clubs.

k0ji-wd

AstroLad said:
of course, i will send you an invite--what's your xbl again? (think you're on my list, but my list is too big)

also, if we can get four together right now i'd be up for some clubs.

tse88, u'd remembered if we'd have had a league this year ;)

my fifa 10 save fucked up a while ago so my 85 VP is now a 73 overall, so i gotta bump him up a bit'

Got my guy to a 79...Only a few more achievements until I reach that sweet sweet 80.

I also got 1860 Munich promoted to 1st Bundesliga. My pro decided at that point it would be best to move to a shitty Irish eircom league 1 star team full of 50-60 rated players as their captain, rather than move onto Juventus as a reserve.

NoRéN

Way to be the Big Fish! :lol

With a team like that, it will be easy to work on assists. Since you're the best player, work on making everyone else good. That and the lower league will provide crappy defenders. So, get on them headers and volleys.

NoRéN said:
Way to be the Big Fish! :lol

With a team like that, it will be easy to work on assists. Since you're the best player, work on making everyone else good. That and the lower league will provide crappy defenders. So, get on them headers and volleys.
That's exactly my reasoning. On my initial season I created I started in MLS on the Red Bulls. We easily won the league and I was crushing it in scoring. At the end of the season Real Madrid gave me an offer and I took it. Then I was bummed because I was hardly producing anything on that team due to everyone else being so good. On the other hand, in my first game on this Irish club I scored 2 goals and had an assist.

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
That's exactly my reasoning. On my initial season I created I started in MLS on the Red Bulls. We easily won the league and I was crushing it in scoring. At the end of the season Real Madrid gave me an offer and I took it. Then I was bummed because I was hardly producing anything on that team due to everyone else being so good. On the other hand, in my first game on this Irish club I scored 2 goals and had an assist.

Hmm, I may have to go back to playing Be a Pro.

And yeah, L.A. San Gabriel valley, specifically Alhambra. The one night I finally conquer my imsomnia, a little tremor freaks outs my dog and my lady(she's terrified of earthquakes. He's, well, he's a dog).

NoRéN said:
Hmm, I may have to go back to playing Be a Pro.

And yeah, L.A. San Gabriel valley, specifically Alhambra. The one night I finally conquer my imsomnia, a little tremor freaks outs my dog and my lady(she's terrified of earthquakes. He's, well, he's a dog).
Be a Pro is fun. I've decide that I'm not going to actively TRY to unlock things anymore--I've been having a lot more fun this way and have unlocked a bunch of stuff just playing normally.

I kind of want to play a season where my dude is on defense so he'll naturally unlock some of that stuff. I think the key will be to play on a shitty team and just control everybody. Getting the dribbling accomplishments as a D man isn't bad either. There's always just one guy around you, so he's easy to dribble around and you can get an easy 3-7 "dribble past opponent" per game without really focusing on doing that. Plus when you're an 80 and you're playing against 60s, it's not so hard to get a lot of tackles and win headers/jump balls.

I'm in Santa Barbara. We didn't feel anything. Except the cold embrace of an insane cost of living.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
I've only tried it a couple times, but beat with skill move is BS. I do it and it doesn't count. Plus the computer's pussy defense is the absolute worst to do skill moves against (they work way better against people).

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
I've only tried it a couple times, but beat with skill move is BS. I do it and it doesn't count. Plus the computer's pussy defense is the absolute worst to do skill moves against (they work way better against people).

Yeah, its shit at times. What I have noticed is that you have to completely pass the defender and don't pass the ball. The move that I learned works every time is the heel pass. LT Up down.

SnakeswithLasers said:
Be a Pro is fun. I've decide that I'm not going to actively TRY to unlock things anymore--I've been having a lot more fun this way and have unlocked a bunch of stuff just playing normally.
I'm in Santa Barbara. We didn't feel anything. Except the cold embrace of an insane cost of living.
Man, i'm at a point where I kind of have to focus on unlocking things. I got all the win headers, standing tackles, beat 50 players with skills. So, now im focusing on the scoring with headers, volleys and freekicks.

OHH, and my bicycle kick DID NOT SAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The spin move is my go-to for passing dudes. I'm so used to doing it for the credit that I do it all the time on accident now--when I shouldn't. It's pretty reliable for getting credit though, and it's really easy to land in tele view. I have problems getting some of the others to work from the side angle. I wish you could set the arena to be in Tele, it'd be more helpful for practice, even though it wouldn't look as cool.

NoRéN

So, when's the next time people can get on for some club matches?

I guess, list some good times for yourself and we'll go from there.

Top Bottom