• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 (360) Club Thread of Better Late Than Never

NoRéN

We played a game...

and DID NOT LOSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NoRéN

GREATEST...FORMATION...EVER.

Yeah, everyone has to get online and play soon. I think our rank went up like 1 point or something. :lol

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
I think I've found my calling. Despite me turning the ball over like everytime I had it, and despite my being wildly out of position for every game. God damnit I had just as many goals tonight in Fifa as I did in NHL.

You guys taught me a lot of cool shit too, you couldve just bent me over but no, you guys were real gentle.

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
I think I've found my calling. Despite me turning the ball over like everytime I had it, and despite my being wildly out of position for every game. God damnit I had just as many goals tonight in Fifa as I did in NHL.

You guys taught me a lot of cool shit too, you couldve just bent me over but no, you guys were real gentle.
Good stuff, dude. Justdon't be so quick with the passes at times. And of course, SHOOT!!!

How along are you with the achievements?

Marvie_3

Banned
I'm going to be playing the shit out of this when I'm gone. My dude is going to be a lean, mean, goal-scoring machine when I get back.

NoRéN

We gotta figure out how to playing against each other. It would really help build our achievements, especially defense.

ex. one guy has the ball, other guy just tackles. Gives ball back, repeat.

NoRéN said:
We gotta figure out how to playing against each other. It would really help build our achievements, especially defense.

ex. one guy has the ball, other guy just tackles. Gives ball back, repeat.

ahahahahahahaha! You'll fit in just fine with Marvie and me... The rest of the guys, I dunno...

Hardyboy1224 said:
i might be down for that on fifa
my problem on nhl was i felt like everytime we did it i got worst on stats
Man, if you want to work on your NHL legend card, I can guarantee you'll get better on your grades.
I'm always down to help a brother power-game their way to a card.
Oddly enough, it doesn't sound fun to me in FIFA--mainly because I'm not tired of FIFA yet.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Man, if you want to work on your NHL legend card, I can guarantee you'll get better on your grades.
Oddly enough, it doesn't sound fun to me in FIFA--mainly because I'm not tired of FIFA yet.
Plus it's a hell of a lot easier getting the Legend Card in NHL than it is getting a ton of boosts in FIFA.

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
Me neither. But, i was getting tired of losing 8-0.
See, here's what i learned from yesterday:
We played 3 matches with the same people with skills levels like ours(i.e. REALLY LOW).
Despite this, they had much higher DEFENSE stats than us. The were knocking us off the ball easily. OK, we've grown to expect this, but, from people who have been playing since day one. So, they should be good, right? Not really! Their shooting SUCKED. Not to sound full of myself but, we really wish more of you were there last night. WE ROCKED!
Our passing: AWESOME! We were linking up nicely. Shooting: on target(except for one shot Noz didn't take and one shot Perterboy sent to the stands...all from 3 yards out. lol). I even pulled a roulette on two of their guys.
So, I have a feeling people do this. it wouldn't even be too time consuming. I'm at about 67% on the achievements. The defense stats are what i need to improve. Most pf the significant stats involve reaching a milestone(ex. 75 standing tackles). I say this can be done in one match.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
one shot Perterboy sent to the stands...all from 3 yards out
That's what we NHLers call "pulling a ph33nix" :lol

NoRéN said:
So, I have a feeling people do this. it wouldn't even be too time consuming. I'm at about 67% on the achievements. The defense stats are what i need to improve. Most pf the significant stats involve reaching a milestone(ex. 75 standing tackles). I say this can be done in one match.
So what IS the easiest way to unlock stats for defense?

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
You guys are insane. 75 standing tackles in one game. Just to get a +2 or whatever... :lol
I think it'd be easier just playing games against each other. We'd get the stats eventually.

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
You guys are insane. 75 standing tackles in one game. Just to get a +2 or whatever... :lol
Some of those stats are +4s. Hey, as long as we can play each other. Like Marv said, we would still get stats faster by playing against people our own skill level. Yesterday, for example, I got about 4 achievements in one game. I doubt it would have been possible againts them skill level 29 people.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Some of those stats are +4s. Hey, as long as we can play each other. Like Marv said, we would still get stats faster by playing against people our own skill level. Yesterday, for example, I got about 4 achievements in one game. I doubt it would have been possible againts them skill level 29 people.
Unless there were unlocks like "Composure +1 - Lose by 9+ goals in one game"

Marvie_3 said:
I think it'd be easier just playing games against each other. We'd get the stats eventually.

Oh yeah, I totally agree with this. My hesitation for straight up stat farming in this game because a) there are SO many stats and b) there are 11 dudes on the field contending with you. But just playing games against each other (and trying to win) would be fun and good practice.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Unless there were unlocks like "Composure +1 - Lose by 9+ goals in one game"
Seriously, we should have gotten something, anything for not quitting any of those times we got schooled.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Oh yeah, I totally agree with this. My hesitation for straight up stat farming in this game because a) there are SO many stats and b) there are 11 dudes on the field contending with you. But just playing games against each other (and trying to win) would be fun and good practice.
We gotta remember to pull the goalie and not take penalties too.

NoRéN said:
Seriously, we should have gotten something, anything for not quitting any of those times we got schooled.
Yeah, we should get free stat points and $5.

dang it i want to play but being home has been inconsistent we have been doing stuff. i will try to play in the next day or so, dude noren you have 67 percent i have like 18 percent.

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
dude noren you have 67 percent i have like 18 percent.
Yeah, it's been fun. Once I got the outside of the foot trait and all the weak foot abilities, it's been nothing but long shots for me!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
anyone up for a little 1 v 1? i've barely played this year's edition so i'll probably get smoked but always prefer gaffers to randoms. let me know, i'll be around for a little while

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
if you are around you can send me one: astrothelad

danke

or if anyone else wants to play since i probably missed you

Marvie_3

Banned
Yo, peterboy. WTF man? I got about 400000 party invites. :lol

Sorry I didn't accept. A friend of mine and I have been trying to finish Marvel Ultimate Alliance(yes I know the game is complete shit) for months now and we finally both had time to play.

Astrolad should join our club too. :D

Sorry, don't know if I'll be able to get on this evening...Megan is watching shitty TV though (I'm pacific time btw).

Peterboy, did you ever check out my comic?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ggs!

yeah i'll join your club seems like a good time to get into fifa 10 finally although i haven't beefed up my dude almost at all

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah when i first got the game i was like alright here we go let's grind out every single upgrade. about two games into be a pro i gave up on it and probably didn't play the game for months. i think i have most of the arena ones though heh

astro, you wanna play a club game? i heard you're a fifa god
definitely not in fifa 10! 09 i was pretty solid. but WE6-9 BRING IT

AstroLad said:
yeah when i first got the game i was like alright here we go let's grind out every single upgrade. about two games into be a pro i gave up on it and probably didn't play the game for months. i think i have most of the arena ones though heh

definitely not in fifa 10! 09 i was pretty solid. but WE6-9 BRING IT

i sent you an invite to the neogaf club we have like 7 neogaf members and 2 other guys

Top Bottom