• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 (360) Club Thread of Better Late Than Never

CoreyHaim.jpg

we lost the lost boy, i was hoping he was going to play thor...
rip corey

Marvie_3

Banned
Sorry Astrolad. I didn't know you were hopping on. I usually get on about the same time as laserbot and hardyboy.

I'm watching the Blackhawks/Kings game now but I'll be on after that.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
for whatever reason i (obviously mistakenly) thought folks were getting on at 8, and then it was just me and jeffpm heh

ah well

NoRéN

Wasn't feeling too well earlier and took a nap.

sorry astro, I seriously have to remember that some peeps are eastern time.

Marvie_3 said:
That last game was....um...fun.

Sorry I screwed our chance at a win when I missed about 10 shots that game. :lol

its cool whyed u leave now me and noren cant talk how do i change my ip thats how rock says it fix's it self?

Hardyboy1224 said:
its cool whyed u leave now me and noren cant talk how do i change my ip thats how rock says it fix's it self?
The only way for me to fix the problem is to set my router to put my 360 in the "DMZ". You need to know your 360s IP and then go to your router settings on your computer and make the change in there. I can try to help you with it when I come to town this weekend.

Also, updated Peterboy's theme song in the OP. (Thanks for the suggestion Marv...)

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah, sitting on your ass reading GAF all day is so exhausting. :lol
I always make fun of my lady because she'll come home "tired' but I get emails from her all day with links to articles she finds online and on gaf. Fuck, I want that job. :lol

SnakeswithLasers said:
Also, updated Peterboy's theme song in the OP. (Thanks for the suggestion Marv...)
I hope it's because he likes Nirvana...

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
I always make fun of my lady because she'll come home "tired' but I get emails from her all day with links to articles she finds online and on gaf. Fuck, I want that job. :lol
I used to have a job working in an office for this company. Basically I sat there all day surfing the net and getting paid for it. Hours were 6am-2pm. This company also had a corporate membership to one of the golf courses in the area so I could golf for practically nothing everyday after work and still be home by 4pm. I miss that job.

NoRéN said:
I hope it's because he likes Nirvana...
He might, but that's not the reason.....

SnakeswithLasers said:
Says Mr. two days of school a week and no job. Wait, what's that? You're on spring break now?
I'm not exhausted though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
So I posted a few questions on the EA forums about Clubs, as there seems to be no info anywhere. Here's the first response:
Yeah mate, 09 clubs was so much better. You just have to live with the awful midget players EA gives you. It dosent really work much different than what you have already said. Cant change positions etc.
:lol

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
So I posted a few questions on the EA forums about Clubs, as there seems to be no info anywhere. Here's the first response:

:lol

Well, that sucks. and, i don't want to be like every one else and change my player's height to that of Andre the Giant...but, he'll be as fast as Messi. Cuz that makes fuckin' sense!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
That's actually my next question. It just felt like almost every goal we gave up was not really attributable to us but more to either the other guys being superpowered (expected) and the CPU being awful, both in positioning and in skill. Frustrating because I really like the mode and it was a fun diversion last year (though for me they will have to get all this crap sorted out for it to supplant pure 1 v 1 as my go-to mode).

NoRéN

Yeah, at this rate, I don't mind playing 1v1s or even a bunch of us getting online and playing some 3v3s, 4v4s(possibly, we have the man-power), etc.

So far, the best, most fun match I've played in was the 3-3 match we had, Astro.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Yeah I mean I still enjoy it it's just funny how they took something that was pretty broken (but still fun) in year one and just made it equally broken in different ways (but still fun, again) in year two instead of actually improving upon it. Back in 09 they had this system that supposedly made all the teams "equal" (back before there were virtual pros) and even they couldn't explain how it worked and it often glitched anyway.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
looks like you are OK noren:

"The taller he is the worse his speed/accel/agility get. "

"6"2 is perfect hiegh for forward make him less thank 160 pounds and will have pace and the hieght to win headers "

"Yeah 6"2 158 pounds or 5"10 158 pounds, perfect. "

AstroLad said:
Yeah I mean I still enjoy it it's just funny how they took something that was pretty broken (but still fun) in year one and just made it equally broken in different ways (but still fun, again) in year two instead of actually improving upon it. Back in 09 they had this system that supposedly made all the teams "equal" (back before there were virtual pros) and even they couldn't explain how it worked and it often glitched anyway.

well thats ea for you a bunch of sport nerds and and sorry game designers although i thought we did really well when u were the any guy last night and if marive could put the "soccer ball" in the net we could have won 2 of the games...but marive u did do good in putting 2-3 in the net. maybe if laserbot would have played we would have had a couple more goals. i need to improve my guy.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
more:

Originally Posted by O-WayneRooney-O
4-1-2-1-2 and my 4-3-3 custom formation is my favourite too.

yeah two of the best formation to use, if you play 4-1-2-1-2 make sure you have a good CDM

Marvie_3

Banned
AstroLad said:
Yeah I mean I still enjoy it it's just funny how they took something that was pretty broken (but still fun) in year one and just made it equally broken in different ways (but still fun, again) in year two instead of actually improving upon it.
Sounds exactly like NHL 10. Its almost as if the same company produces both games.

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
looks like you are OK noren:

"The taller he is the worse his speed/accel/agility get. "

"6"2 is perfect hiegh for forward make him less thank 160 pounds and will have pace and the hieght to win headers "

"Yeah 6"2 158 pounds or 5"10 158 pounds, perfect. "

Hmm, well, I tried modeling him after my stats...ok! So I was a bit generous with the height(I'm 6ft, not 6'1"). I'm going to see if I can unlock some of the free kick achievements before I head to work.
And we do play well all the time, hardy. But if the opposition has even 1 person above skill lv 20, were done. If you noticed, that last club last night had 5 players(1 more than us). Yet, I only noticed 2 players doing most of the damage. And what a coincidence, it wasn't the players that were skill level 1.

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
yeah two of the best formation to use, if you play 4-1-2-1-2 make sure you have a good CDM
Peterboy chose that formation one night and I think our record that night was a 2-1 loss, a 1-1 draw and a 2-2 draw.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
we should do that and have you playing CDM noren:

"Yeah 4-1-2-1-2 its vital you have a CDM playing deep otherwise you will get ripped against good teams"

AstroLad said:
more:

Originally Posted by O-WayneRooney-O
4-1-2-1-2 and my 4-3-3 custom formation is my favourite too.

hey find a team with those formation and we can change to them if u want... but i do like our purple. and hey i was thinking would u think it would make the defense better if who ever is the any guy changes there pro to a defender for the match for better speed in the back, thats what my buddy does and he says thats how he controls the game because your pro is better then any of the computer guys.

NoRéN said:
Hmm, well, I tried modeling him after my stats...ok! So I was a bit generous with the height(I'm 6ft, not 6'1"). I'm going to see if I can unlock some of the free kick achievements before I head to work.
And we do play well all the time, hardy. But if the opposition has even 1 person above skill lv 20, were done. If you noticed, that last club last night had 5 players(1 more than us). Yet, I only noticed 2 players doing most of the damage. And what a coincidence, it wasn't the players that were skill level 1.

oh im not saying nothing against u when u were playing the any guy, i was talking about the 3 games we played before u got on, and i think we played more real teams, not super teams, yeah that game u were the any guy i dont count games like that. for people being lev 20 is crazy.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Yeah I screwed up that one game when I missed about 10 shots.
How are your shooting stats?
If you're not too confident yet, then just shoot finness shots. Even one-timers, hold RB while you're going to shoot. At least, get goals to increase your stats.

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
How are your shooting stats?
If you're not too confident yet, then just shoot finness shots. Even one-timers, hold RB while you're going to shoot. At least, get goals to increase your stats.
My shooting stats are decent. Its just hard going back and forth between NHL and FIFA. NHL requires almost zero skill for shooting while FIFA actually has a realistic shooting engine.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hardyboy1224 said:
hey find a team with those formation and we can change to them if u want... but i do like our purple. and hey i was thinking would u think it would make the defense better if who ever is the any guy changes there pro to a defender for the match for better speed in the back, thats what my buddy does and he says thats how he controls the game because your pro is better then any of the computer guys.
yeah that sounds right. i can move my dude to CB although like i said i'm pretty buffed everywhere EXCEPT D, but he'd certainly be 10 times better than the current group back there

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
next time i can play would be saturday daytime (eastern) that work for you guys?

oh and i think i know what happened yesterday--one of you guys had your player set to position X but then played in position Y, so the ratings plummeted. just need to make sure we all have our players assigned to the positions we're taking to avoid that

Marvie_3 said:
My shooting stats are decent. Its just hard going back and forth between NHL and FIFA. NHL requires almost zero skill for shooting while FIFA actually has a realistic shooting engine.
And they're both completely borked for player balancing.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
Then you should be fine. Just keep playing manager or BaP. Once you unlock the outside of the foot ability and get enough goals from outside of the box, you can shoot from outside of the box and gets most of your shots on target.

Astro, sounds good. I doubt I'll be going anywhere, unless the CL trophy tour locations are announced and it's somewhere other than ESPN ZONE.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
hopefully the new guys like jeffpm can join too. he was good in the short time i actually got to play him for real! and it's absolutely the more the merrier in clubs. think we'd be pretty awesome with six people.

Marvie_3

Banned
AstroLad said:
hopefully the new guys like jeffpm can join too. he was good in the short time i actually got to play him for real! and it's absolutely the more the merrier in clubs. think we'd be pretty awesome with six people.
As is the case with NHL, the fewer AI the better.

Top Bottom