• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 10 (360) Club Thread of Better Late Than Never

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
yeah when i first got the game i was like alright here we go let's grind out every single upgrade. about two games into be a pro i gave up on it and probably didn't play the game for months. i think i have most of the arena ones though heh

definitely not in fifa 10! 09 i was pretty solid. but WE6-9 BRING IT
join the club!!!!!!

augmental, and astrolad i sent you invites to our neogaf fifa 10 pro championship club, join our fight against people who are good, if you need help finding the invite it is in your mail box in the game

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Sorry for not joining in tonight, Le Denog finally picked up Battlefield so he wanted to break that in some.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Sorry for not joining in tonight, Le Denog finally picked up Battlefield so he wanted to break that in some.
So are you two fucking or somethin? You seem to do everything together. :lol

PBY

Banned
whaaaaaaaat i'm gone for 2 hours and this thread blows up? :lol :lol

Laserbot, I did read the comic.... LOVED it, especially considering my love for LOST. My fav was probably the stuffed tiger one

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Hardyboy1224 said:
augmental, and astrolad i sent you invites to our neogaf fifa 10 pro championship club, join our fight against people who are good, if you need help finding the invite it is in your mail box in the game
Are the other clubs online super cheesy? Like all max-stats players? That was always my concern. You guys are going to tempt me to go back and nab a few of those BAP upgrades.

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
Are the other clubs online super cheesy? Like all max-stats players? That was always my concern. You guys are going to tempt me to go back and nab a few of those BAP upgrades.
Yes, that is the problem. Everyone online has been on since day 1 so, skill level 25 and ^
However, Peterboy and I found this dude in Australia who has a club, noob just like us. We played 3 matches, all fun!
And, yeah, go get them achievements. You can get them while using your pro in any mode: Quick match, Manager, Be a Pro, and online. So, if you want to play some 1v1s, let me know.

edit: and get all the achievements in the arena first. they will make the game easier
-free kicks
-PKs
-shots
-skills

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
NoRéN said:
And, yeah, go get them achievements. You can get them while using your pro in any mode: Quick match, Manager, Be a Pro, and online. So, if you want to play some 1v1s, let me know.
is that a good way to cheese through a lot of the achievements? be happy to do it if so, send me a friend request in any event. i should have my mic now, haven't tried it though as i just got back from a long trip and it was pretty banged up (360 headsets are so flimsy)

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
is that a good way to cheese through a lot of the achievements? be happy to do it if so, send me a friend request in any event. i should have my mic now, haven't tried it though as i just got back from a long trip and it was pretty banged up (360 headsets are so flimsy)
I would think so as, I am not very good. But, some of the more significant stuff does involve reaching milestones: playing a certain number of games, scoring a certain number of goals in one match, etc. While not playing online, try playing a quick match against a
1-2 star team. Score like crazy!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ah ok i'll probably mess around with it tonight. fwiw, my dude is a lw i believe (or possibly a lm, don't remember for certain). i like being a distributor and setting up the last shot. love crosses and throughs

AstroLad said:
It's mostly ping-pong passing and assisted shooting. Coupled with clubs full of guys rated in the mid or high 80s, it's pretty tough.
Of course, I'm also just pretty bad. I was Barcelona in an exhibition match on semi-pro and lost 2-1 in the shootout to some 2 star Serie B team. (I won the rematch 5-0 though...but still.)

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
2v2 can be pretty fun, we could try some of that (i know that's not club related)

Of course, I'm also just pretty bad. I was Barcelona in an exhibition match on semi-pro and lost 2-1 in the shootout to some 2 star Serie B team. (I won the rematch 5-0 though...but still.)
yeah to be fair vs cpu traditionally is almost an entirely different game. don't think it's indicative of too much. and at least in 09 clubs was almost entirely different from 1v1 because the input delay was huge so you really had to be very deliberate in your actions and not dance around with the ball or try to beat guys too often, etc. i'm sure in 10 it's a lot different though for many reasons.

NoRéN

AstroLad said:
ah ok i'll probably mess around with it tonight. fwiw, my dude is a lw i believe (or possibly a lm, don't remember for certain). i like being a distributor and setting up the last shot. love crosses and throughs
Sounds good. BTW, I think wingers get the throw ins on the offensive half so, take them and get the long throw in. Once you get it, 10 long throws(log pass button) gets you the giant throw in.

PBY

Banned
I'm leaving tonight/tomorrow morning for spring break at 3 AM EST ish... ill try to hop on, hopefully that will keep me awake

AstroLad said:
2v2 can be pretty fun, we could try some of that (i know that's not club related)
I really want to get in some 2v2 games. Good practice and the stats still count toward your pro--so I'm down for that whenever I'm on.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I really want to get in some 2v2 games. Good practice and the stats still count toward your pro--so I'm down for that whenever I'm on.
Same here.....if I can get on Live this week.

Nozdeuce

I hope everyone considers themselves blessed for bearing witness to the miracle of me scoring a goal. I was so sure after scoring the other night it'd never happen again. Bizarre.

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
I might've changed the difficulty from default to amateur at some point, could that be it?
There's your problem. Default and above. Stuff doesn't count on amateur.

Thanks for the games Astrolad. The 5-0 skunking you gave me stung a bit. Thanks for letting me hang in the others... Maybe you can give me some insight as to why I'm so bad?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ggs man! those last two were real grind-it-out affairs...good ol fifa. definitely played well sometimes the fifa gods just are not happy though. maybe put on a little more pressure on D and try to maintain possession and get into the offensive zone more often? there definitely wasn't anything you were doing where i was like omg lol can't believe he's doing that (except the spins ;p)

AstroLad said:
ggs man! those last two were real grind-it-out affairs...good ol fifa. definitely played well sometimes the fifa gods just are not happy though. maybe put on a little more pressure on D and try to maintain possession and get into the offensive zone more often? there definitely wasn't anything you were doing where i was like omg lol can't believe he's doing that (except the spins ;p)
The spins are fun!
I'm not sure how to put on pressure on defense...I just hold down "A" the whole time. And I was trying to maintain possession, but you kept stealing the damn ball. :lol

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
The spins are fun!
I'm not sure how to put on pressure on defense...I just hold down "A" the whole time. And I was trying to maintain possession, but you kept stealing the damn ball. :lol
B buton is your friend. it calls another defender to chase after the ball carrier while you are now free to guard against a through ball or cross.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ggs man. sorry i get restless when there is no scoring it's my biggest flaw in fifa is just fucking around like crazy when there's no offense either way. and look it made for a super exciting second match :lol

NoRéN

WHAT HAPPENED!!!!! NO!!! That game needed a conclusion!

Good game though. Intense. I think if we all manage to get online sometime, we should really be able to work some magic.

I guess I'll go walk my dog. he's been buggin since the first match. :lol

has anyone notice that when we take those blow outs as a club they run right through the middle of us. were we try to push ball up the right and swing the ball across (like real soccer) i think i need to sit back realize its a game first and soccer second. and i had to call in to work so i am off if any one wants to play

NoRéN

Hey Astro, how did you come up with your name? Just asking since I think I saw a junior with the name AstroMan.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
way back in the day (15 years ago?) i had to pick a name for a game called acrophobia. 'homercles' was taken so i went with this. i am not an astronomer, astrologist, or fan of the houston astros! been using this on gaf for like ten years now i guess...yikes

AstroLad said:
way back in the day (15 years ago?) i had to pick a name for a game called acrophobia. 'homercles' was taken so i went with this. i am not an astronomer, astrologist, or fan of the houston astros! been using this on gaf for like ten years now i guess...yikes
Ten years, fuck. No wonder you're so good at trolling.
I mistyped "good" as "god" and almost left it...

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
This game has broken me. I've spent waaaay too much time trying to get a backheel goal for a measly +3 in ball control.
I got that one pretty easily. I'm struggling with some of the others though

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:
I can't even get a header. I can't even fathom a bicycle kick. :/
The headers I'm getting a bit better at. it's easier in BaP mode off corners.
In the arena, run at the keeper. At about the edge of the box, hit the right trigger to stop the ball and turn your back to the keeper. Start juggling the ball. Flick the left stick to kick the ball up and press the shoot button. Now I just have to try and pull this off in a game.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
my dude is coming along. probably won't wind up playing a club match anyway but oh well; this is some farmville-type shit here

Nozdeuce

AstroLad said:
my dude is coming along. probably won't wind up playing a club match anyway but oh well; this is some farmville-type shit here
I'm like 73 overall and they force me to play Club games, you have to too. Especially since you're actually good at the game. I specialize in turning the ball over and scoring 1 insanely lucky goal per night :lol

Also Noren is insanely nice, so you have to play for his sake. He deserves better than what we're capable of.

Top Bottom